Open Source Developers Shun GPLv3 - Linux

This is a discussion on Open Source Developers Shun GPLv3 - Linux ; "7" wrote in message news:9EdLi.22294$c_1.8262@text.news.blueyonder.co. uk... > Asstroturfer dennis@home wrote on behalf of Micoshaft Corporation: > >> >> "7" wrote in message >> news:dOVKi.21730$c_1.2486@text.news.blueyonder.co. uk... >>> Asstroturfer dennis@home wrote on behalf of Micoshaft Corporation: >>> >>>> >>>> "7" wrote in ...

  1. Re: Open Source Developers Shun Micoshaft Corporation

    "7" wrote in message
    news:9EdLi.22294$c_1.8262@text.news.blueyonder.co. uk...
    > Asstroturfer dennis@home wrote on behalf of Micoshaft Corporation:
    >

    >> "7" wrote in message
    >> news:dOVKi.21730$c_1.2486@text.news.blueyonder.co. uk...

    >>> 100% wrong!!!

    >> You shouldn't be so certain, the Internet is full of nasty clever people
    >> that will eat you for breakfast.
    >>
    >>> Linux distributions come with source code.
    >>> If you don't trust a distro, you can make it yourself
    >>> with the original source code.
    >>>
    >>> Begs the question which corporation is gonna trust a micoshaft CD that
    >>> has no accompanying source code?
    >>> Micoshaft recommend their install CDs which are self booting
    >>> and you have no access to their source code to know
    >>> whats in a Micoshaft CD!!!
    >>>
    >>> All Linux CDs come *WITH* source code so that you can be sure
    >>> that no viruses or other crap spyware and adware has been put into it.

    >> Rubbish.
    >> They don't all come with source, and you will find it hard to compile it
    >> and make your own.

    > Fine all you have to do now is prove it by naming one.

    That is easy.
    Ubuntu doesn't.
    You have to go and find it if you want it.

    > That will be the *first ever* GPL'd Linux distro without source code.

    That would be true but that isn't what was said so we can draw a line here.

    >> You have no way to actually know a live CD is safe unless you know where
    >> it came from and you know they can be trusted.

    > Well, ok. All you now have to do now is prove it!
    > Simply download the source code, modify it and send it back to the
    > Linux distro maintainers, explaining what your code does,
    > and I'm sure they will jump to it and incorporate it in their next
    > release.
    >
    > WAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AAAAA!!!!

    You are an idiot as that is not the mechanism involved.
    Its a hack aimed at people that are idiots like you.
    Read what I post carefully and you will see that it is a variant on one of
    the oldes hacks in existence and you still don't understand it.

    > Don't give up your day job just yet fool!
    > The Open Source world is whole lot smarter than you think

    Its not if its full of people like you that haven't even worked out what
    this is about yet!

    Its not about the Linuses of the world that write code for the good of the
    people its about the nasty little ba$%^&*d that want to control your
    machine.
    All they have to do is create a "Ubuntu" distro image and put it somewhere
    others will download.
    Then post a few "here it is its very good and you can get it fast here"
    messages into usenet and idiots like you that don't understand what you are
    talking about are going to download it and get infected and there is no way
    they will ever know. Like wise it could infect a windows machine if you boot
    it.. it doesn't make much difference what the target is if you boot it.

    > once
    > you get to know how it works.
    > http://www.livecdlist.com
    > http://www.distrowatch.com

    Once you work out that that is irrelevant you might understand that you are
    wrong.

    >>> That is a fundmantal distinction between open source Linux
    >>> and closed source untrustworthy Micoshaft sponsored products.

    >> You are letting irrational hate get in the way of logic.
    >> You would make an ideal target for a hacker.

  2. Re: Open Source Developers Shun Micoshaft Corporation

    "Anonymous" wrote in message
    > dennis@home wrote:
    >
    >> There is *nothing* in Linux (or most OSes) to protect a user from such a
    >> simple attack and yet you think I am paranoid for not listening to some
    >> troll posting download web sites in a news group. Do get a clue on what
    >> is
    >> and isn't safe with the computer you are supposed to be in charge of.

    > Your state of clue-free is astounding. There's scores of ways to defeat
    > evil package distributors from dolling out bogus packages.

    Name one way to defeat a rogue live CD put out on the Internet *other* than
    what I said about not downloading it just because someone shouts about it in
    a news group? There are no mechanisms to stop it in any distro and whats
    more there can't be by definition. Anyone that can write the code can do it
    and there is nothing you or anyone else can do to stop it without censoring
    the internet and even that is not 100% certain.

    > Micro$oft only uses the most fragile of them, if it uses any at all.
    >
    > Linux uses the strongest whenever and wherever possible.
    >
    > FREE CLUE: the GnuPG keyring maintained by package managers.

    FREE CLUE: Its doesn't make any difference.. they never see the stuff so why
    would it?

    > Take as long as you want to think it over. No time limit.

    You can take your time to answer the above.
    I don't expect you too BTW.

  3. Re: Open Source Developers Shun Micoshaft Corporation

    dennis@home wrote:

    > "Anonymous" wrote in message
    >> dennis@home wrote:
    >>
    >>> There is *nothing* in Linux (or most OSes) to protect a user from such a
    >>> simple attack and yet you think I am paranoid for not listening to some
    >>> troll posting download web sites in a news group. Do get a clue on what
    >>> is
    >>> and isn't safe with the computer you are supposed to be in charge of.

    >> Your state of clue-free is astounding. There's scores of ways to defeat
    >> evil package distributors from dolling out bogus packages.

    > Name one way to defeat a rogue live CD put out on the Internet *other*
    > than what I said about not downloading it just because someone shouts
    > about it in a news group?

    So you are actually dumb enough to download a liveCD from a bogus site, not
    the official one? You are too stupid to check the MD5 sum against the
    published ones?

    It figures. You are quite certainly a windows user

    > There are no mechanisms to stop it in any distro
    > and whats more there can't be by definition. Anyone that can write the
    > code can do it and there is nothing you or anyone else can do to stop it
    > without censoring the internet and even that is not 100% certain.

    You are really an idiot. You know nothing at all about the subject at hand.

    Anyone could write such code and pack it into a distro, right.

    Free clue: That does nothing to propagate that one. How do you propose to
    distrubute it?

    Before you can somewhat intelligently answer *that* question, you can stop
    rigth here with your scenario. It will not work

    --
    Support your local Search and Rescue unit -- get lost.

  4. Re: Open Source Developers Shun Micoshaft Corporation

    Asstroturfer dennis@home wrote on behalf of Micoshaft Corporation:

    > "7" wrote in message
    > news:9EdLi.22294$c_1.8262@text.news.blueyonder.co. uk...
    >> Asstroturfer dennis@home wrote on behalf of Micoshaft Corporation:
    >>

    >>> "7" wrote in message
    >>> news:dOVKi.21730$c_1.2486@text.news.blueyonder.co. uk...

    >>> You shouldn't be so certain, the Internet is full of nasty clever people
    >>> that will eat you for breakfast.

    >>> Rubbish.
    >>> They don't all come with source, and you will find it hard to compile it
    >>> and make your own.

    >> Fine all you have to do now is prove it by naming one.

    > That is easy.
    > Ubuntu doesn't.

    YOU ARE 100% LIAR!!!!

    > You have to go and find it if you want it.

    Which means you are a LIAR!!!
    You can download it all from their repository you *STUPID FSCK*!

    >> That will be the *first ever* GPL'd Linux distro without source code.

    > That would be true but that isn't what was said so we can draw a line
    > here.

    You are a STUPID FSCK!

    >>> You have no way to actually know a live CD is safe unless you know where
    >>> it came from and you know they can be trusted.

    >> Well, ok. All you now have to do now is prove it!
    >> Simply download the source code, modify it and send it back to the
    >> Linux distro maintainers, explaining what your code does,
    >> and I'm sure they will jump to it and incorporate it in their next
    >> release.
    >>
    >> WAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AAAAA!!!!
    >>

    > You are an idiot as that is not the mechanism involved.
    > Its a hack aimed at people that are idiots like you.
    > Read what I post carefully and you will see that it is a variant on one of
    > the oldes hacks in existence and you still don't understand it.

    You are a STUPID UNEMPLOYABLE WINDUMMY FSCK!
    All you have to do is prove you are not by simply downloading
    source code from http://www.ubuntu.com,
    writing your hack, and then subit your source code
    to Ubuntu to get Ubuntu to distribute
    your modifications for you. Go and do it now fool!!!
    The world + dog is watching and waiting!!!!

    >> Don't give up your day job just yet fool!
    >> The Open Source world is whole lot smarter than you think

    > Its not if its full of people like you that haven't even worked out what
    > this is about yet!
    >
    > Its not about the Linuses of the world that write code for the good of the
    > people its about the nasty little ba$%^&*d that want to control your
    > machine.
    > All they have to do is create a "Ubuntu" distro image and put it somewhere
    > others will download.
    > Then post a few "here it is its very good and you can get it fast here"
    > messages into usenet and idiots like you that don't understand what you
    > are talking about are going to download it and get infected and there is
    > no way they will ever know. Like wise it could infect a windows machine if
    > you boot it.. it doesn't make much difference what the target is if you
    > boot it.
    >
    >> once
    >> you get to know how it works.
    >> http://www.livecdlist.com
    >> http://www.distrowatch.com

    > Once you work out that that is irrelevant you might understand that you
    > are wrong.

    >>> You are letting irrational hate get in the way of logic.
    >>> You would make an ideal target for a hacker.

  5. Re: Open Source Developers Shun Micoshaft Corporation

    "7" wrote in message
    news:G3pLi.22525$c_1.16847@text.news.blueyonder.co .uk...

    Now I understand why others call you a cretin.
    Bye.

  6. Re: Open Source Developers Shun Micoshaft Corporation

    dennis@home wrote:

    > "7" wrote in message
    > news:G3pLi.22525$c_1.16847@text.news.blueyonder.co .uk...
    >
    > Now I understand why others call you a cretin.
    > Bye.

    He certainly uses the wrong language.

    But that does not detract from the fact that he is basically right.
    You are one of the dumbest widiots who has posted in cola for quite some
    time. Your "knowledge" about linux is so incredibly missing that you can't
    get even simple things right.
    That does not hinder you in posting your FUD, though. And this for sure
    makes *you* the cretin.
    But then, you are a typical windows user. And those tend to be stupid beyond
    imagination
    --
    Warning: You have moved the mouse.
    Windows will reboot now to make the change permanent

  7. Re: Open Source Developers Shun Micoshaft Corporation

    Frank wrote:

    > Hey you...butt-munch...get lost.

    Hey you... Windork... suck my dick, and take all day.

  8. Re: Open Source Developers Shun Micoshaft Corporation

    dennis@home wrote:

    > "Anonymous" wrote in message
    > > dennis@home wrote:
    > >
    > >> There is *nothing* in Linux (or most OSes) to protect a user from such a
    > >> simple attack and yet you think I am paranoid for not listening to some
    > >> troll posting download web sites in a news group. Do get a clue on what
    > >> is
    > >> and isn't safe with the computer you are supposed to be in charge of.

    > > Your state of clue-free is astounding. There's scores of ways to defeat
    > > evil package distributors from dolling out bogus packages.

    > Name one way to defeat a rogue live CD put out on the Internet *other* than
    > what I said about not downloading it just because someone shouts about it in

    I can name a dozen ways in a few different categories ya' ninny.
    Hashes, digital signatures, and transport layer certificates signed by
    trusted CA's are collectively the methods you're apparently oblivious
    to. That's part what those tools are designed to do ferChristsakes.

    What in the ****** are you prattling on about? Who never sees what?

    > > Take as long as you want to think it over. No time limit.

    > You can take your time to answer the above.
    > I don't expect you too BTW.

    Sorry to disappoint you kid.

  9. Re: Open Source Developers Shun Micoshaft Corporation

    "Gregory Shearman" wrote in message
    > dennis@home wrote:
    >
    > [trolling crossposting removed]
    >
    >> Don't let any security features that are there to stop you running
    >> malware
    >> give you the impression you are safe as a fake live CD doesn't have them
    >> and the ones on your system don't matter.

    > Fake liveCDs? Where do you get them from?
    >
    > Never heard of them.
    >
    > I download my Gentoo iso from one mirror and then get the MD5 hash from
    > another..... yippee!
    >
    > Hint: Before wanking on about "fake" liveCDs, you should actually find a
    > real case of one actually existing...

    Security by ignorance just what the world needs.
    Just because you haven't found one doesn't mean they aren't out there.
    When did you last check BTW?

  10. Re: Open Source Developers Shun Micoshaft Corporation

    "Peter KŲhlmann" wrote in message
    > dennis@home wrote:
    >

    >> "Anonymous" wrote in message

    >>> Your state of clue-free is astounding. There's scores of ways to defeat
    >>> evil package distributors from dolling out bogus packages.

    >> Name one way to defeat a rogue live CD put out on the Internet *other*
    >> than what I said about not downloading it just because someone shouts
    >> about it in a news group?

    > So you are actually dumb enough to download a liveCD from a bogus site,
    > not
    > the official one? You are too stupid to check the MD5 sum against the
    > published ones?

    It looks like a lot of users in this group would be stupid enough to do so.
    They are so stupid that they argue about submitting fake packages into the
    official release system when it wasn't mentioned.
    I bet most Linux beginners have never checked the disk they installed from
    and probably never will while people like you tell them they are 100% safe.

    > It figures. You are quite certainly a windows user

    How does that matter?
    I didn't call you an idiot because you sue Linux.
    If I did that would make me one too.
    However I will call you and idiot because that is what you are.

    >> There are no mechanisms to stop it in any distro
    >> and whats more there can't be by definition. Anyone that can write the
    >> code can do it and there is nothing you or anyone else can do to stop it
    >> without censoring the internet and even that is not 100% certain.

    > You are really an idiot. You know nothing at all about the subject at
    > hand.
    >
    > Anyone could write such code and pack it into a distro, right.
    >
    > Free clue: That does nothing to propagate that one. How do you propose to
    > distrubute it?
    >
    > Before you can somewhat intelligently answer *that* question, you can stop
    > rigth here with your scenario. It will not work

    Its easy.. just wait for a new distro to be released and put yours on P2P at
    the same time.
    There will always be someone that will be stupid enough to download it,
    probably including you as you think its impossible.

    All this hate just because someone reminds users of basic security that they
    appear to have never known or forgotten.
    Idiot.

  11. Re: Open Source Developers Shun Micoshaft Corporation

    dennis@home wrote:

    > "Gregory Shearman" wrote in message
    >> dennis@home wrote:
    >>
    >> [trolling crossposting removed]
    >>
    >>> Don't let any security features that are there to stop you running
    >>> malware
    >>> give you the impression you are safe as a fake live CD doesn't have them
    >>> and the ones on your system don't matter.

    >> Fake liveCDs? Where do you get them from?
    >>
    >> Never heard of them.
    >>
    >> I download my Gentoo iso from one mirror and then get the MD5 hash from
    >> another..... yippee!
    >>
    >> Hint: Before wanking on about "fake" liveCDs, you should actually find a
    >> real case of one actually existing...
    >>

    > Security by ignorance just what the world needs.

    That would still be much better than "windows security"

    > Just because you haven't found one doesn't mean they aren't out there.

    Oh, so you found one? Tell us where

    > When did you last check BTW?

    You still fail to explain how you would actually distribute those "fake"
    liveCDs

    Until you do so your "idea" is just another pile of widiot bull****
    --
    Computers are like air conditioners -
    they stop working properly when you open Windows

  12. Re: Open Source Developers Shun Micoshaft Corporation

    7 wrote:
    > Asstroturfer dennis@home wrote on behalf of Micoshaft Corporation:
    >
    >> "7" wrote in message
    >> news:9EdLi.22294$c_1.8262@text.news.blueyonder.co. uk...

    >>> Fine all you have to do now is prove it by naming one.

    >> That is easy.
    >> Ubuntu doesn't.

    > YOU ARE 100% LIAR!!!!
    >
    >> You have to go and find it if you want it.

    > Which means you are a LIAR!!!
    > You can download it all from their repository you *STUPID FSCK*!
    >

    >>> That will be the *first ever* GPL'd Linux distro without source code.

    >> That would be true but that isn't what was said so we can draw a line
    >> here.

    > You are a STUPID FSCK!

    >>> Well, ok. All you now have to do now is prove it!
    >>> Simply download the source code, modify it and send it back to the
    >>> Linux distro maintainers, explaining what your code does,
    >>> and I'm sure they will jump to it and incorporate it in their next
    >>> release.
    >>>
    >>> WAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AAAAA!!!!
    >>>

    >> You are an idiot as that is not the mechanism involved.
    >> Its a hack aimed at people that are idiots like you.
    >> Read what I post carefully and you will see that it is a variant on one of
    >> the oldes hacks in existence and you still don't understand it.

    > You are a STUPID UNEMPLOYABLE WINDUMMY FSCK!
    > All you have to do is prove you are not by simply downloading
    > source code from http://www.ubuntu.com,
    > writing your hack, and then subit your source code
    > to Ubuntu to get Ubuntu to distribute
    > your modifications for you. Go and do it now fool!!!
    > The world + dog is watching and waiting!!!!
    >

    >>> Don't give up your day job just yet fool!
    >>> The Open Source world is whole lot smarter than you think

    >> Its not if its full of people like you that haven't even worked out what
    >> this is about yet!
    >>
    >> Its not about the Linuses of the world that write code for the good of the
    >> people its about the nasty little ba$%^&*d that want to control your
    >> machine.
    >> All they have to do is create a "Ubuntu" distro image and put it somewhere
    >> others will download.
    >> Then post a few "here it is its very good and you can get it fast here"
    >> messages into usenet and idiots like you that don't understand what you
    >> are talking about are going to download it and get infected and there is
    >> no way they will ever know. Like wise it could infect a windows machine if
    >> you boot it.. it doesn't make much difference what the target is if you
    >> boot it.
    >>
    >>> once
    >>> you get to know how it works.
    >>> http://www.livecdlist.com
    >>> http://www.distrowatch.com

    >> Once you work out that that is irrelevant you might understand that you
    >> are wrong.

    hole up. The hag 7 is his wife and a serious nut case too that cannot
    stop the dribble with its pie hole either. 7 is by far worst than
    Albright, if you let this nut get started. Shut the Linux ho down by not
    responding to it.>

  13. Re: Open Source Developers Shun Micoshaft Corporation

    dennis@home wrote:

    > "Peter Köhlmann" wrote in message
    >> dennis@home wrote:
    >>

    >>> "Anonymous" wrote in message

    >>> Name one way to defeat a rogue live CD put out on the Internet *other*
    >>> than what I said about not downloading it just because someone shouts
    >>> about it in a news group?

    >> So you are actually dumb enough to download a liveCD from a bogus site,
    >> not
    >> the official one? You are too stupid to check the MD5 sum against the
    >> published ones?

    > It looks like a lot of users in this group would be stupid enough to do
    > so. They are so stupid that they argue about submitting fake packages into
    > the official release system when it wasn't mentioned.

    But it has to be mentioned. Few, if any, would be dumb enough to get their
    liveCD from an non-official site. Windows users in general certainly are,
    but then those are used to leaching pirated software

    > I bet most Linux beginners have never checked the disk they installed from
    > and probably never will while people like you tell them they are 100%
    > safe.

    Does not matter. "Linux beginners" are certainly not prone to "finding"
    non-official sites and download from there, instead of getting to the real
    one, which is way easier

    >> It figures. You are quite certainly a windows user

    > How does that matter?

    It *does* matter. You are even dumb enough to use vista and its OE
    equivalent

    > I didn't call you an idiot because you sue Linux.

    Well, using linux is obviously smarter than using your garbage OS

    > If I did that would make me one too.
    > However I will call you and idiot because that is what you are.

    Fine. Do so

    >>> There are no mechanisms to stop it in any distro
    >>> and whats more there can't be by definition. Anyone that can write the
    >>> code can do it and there is nothing you or anyone else can do to stop it
    >>> without censoring the internet and even that is not 100% certain.

    >> You are really an idiot. You know nothing at all about the subject at
    >> hand.
    >>
    >> Anyone could write such code and pack it into a distro, right.
    >>
    >> Free clue: That does nothing to propagate that one. How do you propose to
    >> distrubute it?
    >>
    >> Before you can somewhat intelligently answer *that* question, you can
    >> stop rigth here with your scenario. It will not work

    > Its easy.. just wait for a new distro to be released and put yours on P2P
    > at the same time.
    > There will always be someone that will be stupid enough to download it,
    > probably including you as you think its impossible.

    Why should someone do something so absurdly stupid?
    Users can get it much easier from the official site.

    > All this hate just because someone reminds users of basic security that
    > they appear to have never known or forgotten.
    > Idiot.

    This "basic security" you mention is the norm. When people can get the
    software for free from the originators, why should they do the extra work
    to find a P2P site with allegedly the same software? It does not wash, your
    FUD is just that

    --
    Microsoft's Guide To System Design:
    Let it get in YOUR way. The problem for your problem.

  14. Re: Open Source Developers Shun Micoshaft Corporation

    On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 09:04:39 -0400, Adam GARBAGE AT THE CURB Albright
    wrote:

    > >hole up. The hag 7 is his wife and a serious nut case too that cannot
    >stop the dribble with its pie hole either. 7 is by far worst than
    >Albright, if you let this nut get started. Shut the Linux ho down by not
    >responding to it.>

    The obvious hate spewing of some Vista loons is obvious in this
    newsgroup. They have lost their grip on reality and many need
    intensive psychotherapy, like this nut case; Adam GARBAGE AT THE CURB
    Albright, who changes the name he posts under more often that normal
    people change their underwear.

  15. Re: Open Source Developers Shun Micoshaft Corporation

    Adam Albright wrote:

    >> stop the dribble with its pie hole either. 7 is by far worst than
    >> Albright, if you let this nut get started. Shut the Linux ho down by not
    >> responding to it.>

    > The obvious hate spewing of some Vista loons is obvious in this
    > newsgroup. They have lost their grip on reality and many need
    > intensive psychotherapy, like this nut case; Adam GARBAGE AT THE CURB
    > Albright, who changes the name he posts under more often that normal
    > people change their underwear.

    me do it. I might as well get two loons with one stone. You don't get
    out of the house at all nor out of the Vista NG period, Albright. I knew
    you would respond, and that's why I did it, just to see you jump out of
    the water because I knew you were there. You know that 20 out 24 hours
    seven days a week thing you have going.

    and the fool is using Vista. He keeps talking about Linux, but he has no
    guts to move to it. BTW, changing the name is in honer of you Albright
    just to mess with you. Your name has been there constant in some form.
    There is no other reason for it. ;-) But you're too stupid to realize it.>

  16. Re: Open Source Developers Shun Micoshaft Corporation

    On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 10:19:50 -0400, Adam GARBAGE AT THE CURB Albright
    wrote:

    >Adam Albright wrote:

    >> The obvious hate spewing of some Vista loons is obvious in this
    >> newsgroup. They have lost their grip on reality and many need
    >> intensive psychotherapy, like this nut case; Adam GARBAGE AT THE CURB
    >> Albright, who changes the name he posts under more often that normal
    >> people change their underwear.
    >>

    > >me do it.

    You're nothing but a babbling psychopath with **** for brains and
    delusions of grandeur. In other words you want to be another Frank,
    screaming, ranting, raving and lying all day long as you throw feces
    around. Good luck with that asshole.

  17. Re: Open Source Developers Shun Micoshaft Corporation

    It was on, or about, Sat, 29 Sep 2007 13:50:34 +0100, that as I was
    halfway through a large jam doughnut, dennis@home wrote:

    > Idiot.

    You were obviously looking an a mirror.

    --
    "Of course I troll sometimes. I never denied it."
    Hadron - comp.os.linux.advocacy
    Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 16:30

  18. Re: Open Source Developers Shun Micoshaft Corporation

    It was on, or about, Sat, 29 Sep 2007 15:24:48 +0200, that as I was
    halfway through a large jam doughnut, Peter Köhlmann wrote:

    > dennis@home wrote:
    >

    >> "Peter Köhlmann" wrote in message

    >>> So you are actually dumb enough to download a liveCD from a bogus
    >>> site, not
    >>> the official one? You are too stupid to check the MD5 sum against the
    >>> published ones?

    >> It looks like a lot of users in this group would be stupid enough to do
    >> so. They are so stupid that they argue about submitting fake packages
    >> into the official release system when it wasn't mentioned.

    > But it has to be mentioned. Few, if any, would be dumb enough to get
    > their liveCD from an non-official site. Windows users in general
    > certainly are, but then those are used to leaching pirated software
    >
    >> I bet most Linux beginners have never checked the disk they installed
    >> from and probably never will while people like you tell them they are
    >> 100% safe.

    > Does not matter. "Linux beginners" are certainly not prone to "finding"
    > non-official sites and download from there, instead of getting to the
    > real one, which is way easier
    >
    >>> It figures. You are quite certainly a windows user

    >> How does that matter?

    > It *does* matter. You are even dumb enough to use vista and its OE
    > equivalent

    It's the "M$ Mentallity",that's also why.

    >> I didn't call you an idiot because you sue Linux.

    > Well, using linux is obviously smarter than using your garbage OS
    >
    >> If I did that would make me one too.
    >> However I will call you and idiot because that is what you are.

    > Fine. Do so

    >>> You are really an idiot. You know nothing at all about the subject at
    >>> hand.
    >>>
    >>> Anyone could write such code and pack it into a distro, right.
    >>>
    >>> Free clue: That does nothing to propagate that one. How do you propose
    >>> to distrubute it?
    >>>
    >>> Before you can somewhat intelligently answer *that* question, you can
    >>> stop right here with your scenario. It will not work

    >> Its easy.. just wait for a new distro to be released and put yours on
    >> P2P at the same time.
    >> There will always be someone that will be stupid enough to download it,
    >> probably including you as you think its impossible.

    LOL! This bozo hasn't *clue*. I've met similar arguments before, from
    windoze users who haven't the faintest idea what they're talking about.

    > Why should someone do something so absurdly stupid? Users can get it
    > much easier from the official site.

    Not only that, but how long does he think he'd last? Does he *really*
    believe that his source would stay up for long?

    >> All this hate just because someone reminds users of basic security that
    >> they appear to have never known or forgotten. Idiot.

    > This "basic security" you mention is the norm. When people can get the
    > software for free from the originators, why should they do the extra
    > work to find a P2P site with allegedly the same software? It does not
    > wash, your FUD is just that

    Yup, just FUD.

    Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 16:30

  19. Re: Open Source Developers Shun Micoshaft Corporation

    "Anonymous Sender" wrote in message
    news:3e4be5540bb30f64dc0e0d781e773f8a@remailer.met acolo.com...
    > dennis@home wrote:
    >

    >> "Anonymous" wrote in message

    >> > Your state of clue-free is astounding. There's scores of ways to defeat
    >> > evil package distributors from dolling out bogus packages.

    >> Name one way to defeat a rogue live CD put out on the Internet *other*
    >> than
    >> what I said about not downloading it just because someone shouts about it
    >> in

    > I can name a dozen ways in a few different categories ya' ninny.
    > Hashes, digital signatures, and transport layer certificates signed by
    > trusted CA's are collectively the methods you're apparently oblivious
    > to. That's part what those tools are designed to do ferChristsakes.

    How do they stop a begineer (or anyone else) downloading an image from
    anywhere, putting it on a CD and booting it ferChristsakes?
    There is nothing in a PC to stop it and there would be nothing on the CD to
    stop it so you are just dreaming.

    When you come up with a mechanism that stops someone putting a hacked image
    on P2P then maybe I will believe you untill then shut up.

  20. Re: Open Source Developers Shun Micoshaft Corporation

    dennis@home wrote:

    > "Anonymous Sender" wrote in message
    > news:3e4be5540bb30f64dc0e0d781e773f8a@remailer.met acolo.com...
    >> dennis@home wrote:
    >>

    >>> "Anonymous" wrote in message

    >>> Name one way to defeat a rogue live CD put out on the Internet *other*
    >>> than
    >>> what I said about not downloading it just because someone shouts about it
    >>> in

    >> I can name a dozen ways in a few different categories ya' ninny.
    >> Hashes, digital signatures, and transport layer certificates signed by
    >> trusted CA's are collectively the methods you're apparently oblivious
    >> to. That's part what those tools are designed to do ferChristsakes.

    > How do they stop a begineer (or anyone else) downloading an image from
    > anywhere, putting it on a CD and booting it ferChristsakes?
    > There is nothing in a PC to stop it and there would be nothing on the CD to
    > stop it so you are just dreaming.
    >
    > When you come up with a mechanism that stops someone putting a hacked image
    > on P2P then maybe I will believe you untill then shut up.

    owl@laptop:~/iso$ cat pclinuxos-2007.md5sum
    cf31f44513c9b30caaa1f1d2c382c033 pclinuxos-2007.iso
    owl@laptop:~/iso$ md5sum pclinuxos-2007.iso
    cf31f44513c9b30caaa1f1d2c382c033 pclinuxos-2007.iso
    owl@laptop:~/iso$ md5sum evil_pclinuxos-2007.iso
    d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e evil_pclinuxos-2007.iso
    owl@laptop:~/iso$