Open Source Developers Shun GPLv3 - Linux

This is a discussion on Open Source Developers Shun GPLv3 - Linux ; dennis@home wrote: > > "William Poaster" wrote in message > news:13gct6via5aju7e@news.supernews.com... >> Bob wrote: >> >>> [H]omer wrote: >>> >>>> Or hadron-in-disguise? >>>> >>>> I bet you a fiver it's him, he's certainly stupid enough. >>>> >>> yes, it is ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13
Results 241 to 259 of 259

  1. Re: Open Source Developers Shun Micoshaft Corporation

    dennis@home wrote:

    > "William Poaster" wrote in message
    >> Bob wrote:

    >>> yes, it is hadron.

    >> Thank you, Bob. :-) That rather confirms what we suspected.

    > You are wrong again.
    > With your record on being wrong I think you should stop.

    Well, *you* denying it would rather confirm it

    But no, I don't think that you are smart enough to actually *be* Hadron
    Quark.
    That guy is way ahead of you. And still extremely dumb
    --
    Warning: 10 days have passed since your last Windows reinstall.

  2. Re: Open Source Developers Shun Micoshaft Corporation

    "Peter KŲhlmann" wrote in message

    > Well, *you* denying it would rather confirm it

    Not only are you quick to insult but you lack the basic knowledge about how
    the internet works so you get the facts wrong.

    All you have done so far is prove you are usually wrong and you expect me to
    take your word for anything.
    You may as well stop here because I am not interested in what /you/ have to
    say.

  3. Re: Open Source Developers Shun Micoshaft Corporation

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, dennis@home

    wrote
    on Fri, 5 Oct 2007 22:10:36 +0100
    :

    > "Peter KŲhlmann" wrote in message
    >
    >> Well, *you* denying it would rather confirm it

    > Not only are you quick to insult but you lack the basic
    > knowledge about how the internet works so you get the
    > facts wrong.

    OK....so how does the Internet work, then? Especially
    since the original bone of intention had to do with
    RFC1321, which had nothing to *do* with the Internet,
    really, except that it's occasionally used in packet
    transmissions therein?

    http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1321

    > All you have done so far is prove you are usually wrong
    > and you expect me to take your word for anything.
    > You may as well stop here because I am not interested in
    > what /you/ have to say.

    Oh well.

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Useless C++ Programming Idea #12995733:
    bool f(bool g, bool h) { if(g) h = true; else h = false; return h;}

  4. Re: Open Source Developers Shun Micoshaft Corporation

    dennis@home wrote:

    > "Peter Köhlmann" wrote in message
    >
    >> Well, *you* denying it would rather confirm it

    > Not only are you quick to insult but you lack the basic knowledge about
    > how the internet works so you get the facts wrong.
    >
    > All you have done so far is prove you are usually wrong and you expect me
    > to take your word for anything.
    > You may as well stop here because I am not interested in what /you/ have
    > to say.

    Some creative snipping on your part, isn't it?

    Why am I not surprised? You are as dishonest as one can get

    Is that standard procedure around you Vista lusers?
    --
    Warning: 10 days have passed since your last Windows reinstall.

  5. Re: Open Source Developers Shun Micoshaft Corporation

    Peter Köhlmann wrote:

    > dennis@home wrote:
    >

    >> "Peter Köhlmann" wrote in message
    >>
    >>> Well, *you* denying it would rather confirm it

    >> Not only are you quick to insult but you lack the basic knowledge about
    >> how the internet works so you get the facts wrong.
    >>
    >> All you have done so far is prove you are usually wrong and you expect me
    >> to take your word for anything.
    >> You may as well stop here because I am not interested in what /you/ have
    >> to say.

    > Some creative snipping on your part, isn't it?
    >
    > Why am I not surprised? You are as dishonest as one can get
    >
    > Is that standard procedure around you Vista lusers?

    Even if it's not Quack, it's a troll. And a truly cretinous one at that.

    --
    Operating systems:
    FreeBSD 6.2, Debian 4.0

  6. Re: Open Source Developers Shun Micoshaft Corporation

    Verily I say unto thee, that The Ghost In The Machine spake thusly:
    > In comp.os.linux.advocacy, dennis@home
    > wrote on Fri, 5 Oct 2007 22:10:36
    > +0100 :
    >> "Peter Köhlmann" wrote in message

    >>> Well, *you* denying it would rather confirm it

    >> Not only are you quick to insult but you lack the basic knowledge
    >> about how the internet works so you get the facts wrong.

    > OK....so how does the Internet work, then?

    Oh, this should be entertaining.

    /me reaches for popcorn.

    > Especially since the original bone of intention had to do with
    > RFC1321, which had nothing to *do* with the Internet, really, except
    > that it's occasionally used in packet transmissions therein?
    >
    > http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1321

    Hmm, could he have absorbed /all/ that already?

    Right, I vote that he not be allowed to ask any more silly questions
    until he completes a 200 question multiple-choice exam, and a 1000 word
    dissertation on the above RFC.

    >> All you have done so far is prove you are usually wrong and you
    >> expect me to take your word for anything. You may as well stop here
    >> because I am not interested in what /you/ have to say.

    > Oh well.

    Damn.

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    | "OOXML is a superb standard"
    | - GNU/Linux traitor, Miguel de Icaza.
    `----

    23:35:10 up 57 days, 22:30, 3 users, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.01

  7. Re: Open Source Developers Shun Micoshaft Corporation

    [H]omer wrote:

    > Verily I say unto thee, that William Poaster spake thusly:

    > Here, read it for yourself:

    > http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1321
    >
    > Read carefully. We'll be asking questions later.
    >
    > Then when you've finished reading all that, come back and explain why
    > you are supposedly asking for "help" with a /maths/ problem in an
    > /advocacy/ group.
    >
    >> I don't believe he's *playing* dumb, he *is* dumb IMO.

    > And Trolling.

    And (like others) I believe it to be Quack.

    --
    Operating systems: FreeBSD 6.2, PCBSD 1.4, Debian 4.0
    Testing: PCLinuxOS 2007, (K)Ubuntu 7.04

  8. Re: Open Source Developers Shun Micoshaft Corporation

    > In comp.os.linux.advocacy, dennis@home
    >
    > wrote
    > on Fri, 5 Oct 2007 22:10:36 +0100
    > :
    >>
    >> "Peter KŲhlmann" wrote in message
    >>
    >>> Well, *you* denying it would rather confirm it

    >> Not only are you quick to insult but you lack the basic
    >> knowledge about how the internet works so you get the
    >> facts wrong.

    > OK....so how does the Internet work, then?

    Read about it if you want to know.

    > Especially
    > since the original bone of intention had to do with
    > RFC1321, which had nothing to *do* with the Internet,
    > really, except that it's occasionally used in packet
    > transmissions therein?

    That may be so but that is not what Peter was commenting on as you well
    know.

  9. Re: Open Source Developers Shun Micoshaft Corporation

    "[H]omer" wrote in message news:uuqit4-u83.ln1@sky.matrix...
    > Verily I say unto thee, that The Ghost In The Machine spake thusly:
    >> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, dennis@home
    >> wrote on Fri, 5 Oct 2007 22:10:36
    >> +0100 :
    >>> "Peter Köhlmann" wrote in message

    >>> Not only are you quick to insult but you lack the basic knowledge
    >>> about how the internet works so you get the facts wrong.

    >> OK....so how does the Internet work, then?

    > Oh, this should be entertaining.

    It will be very entertaining if it happens.

    > /me reaches for popcorn.

    Shouldn't that be doughnuts and are you really yellow?

  10. Re: Open Source Developers Shun Micoshaft Corporation

    > dennis@home wrote:
    >

    >> "Peter Köhlmann" wrote in message
    >>
    >>> Well, *you* denying it would rather confirm it

    >> Not only are you quick to insult but you lack the basic knowledge about
    >> how the internet works so you get the facts wrong.
    >>
    >> All you have done so far is prove you are usually wrong and you expect me
    >> to take your word for anything.
    >> You may as well stop here because I am not interested in what /you/ have
    >> to say.

    > Some creative snipping on your part, isn't it?

    Whats creative about it?
    Whats the point of snipping something other than to shorten the post.. you
    can't hide something that has been posted.
    Even the directives don't stop someone archiving it.

    > Why am I not surprised? You are as dishonest as one can get

    Now that is uncalled for.. there have been *no* lies from me in this thread.
    I suppose thats just another attempt by you to win.

    > Is that standard procedure around you Vista lusers?

    Its looks like its a standard procedure of the morons in here.
    Just as well the rest of open source is not populated by people like you or
    it would be dead.

  11. Re: Open Source Developers Shun Micoshaft Corporation

    > [H]omer wrote:
    >
    >> Verily I say unto thee, that William Poaster spake thusly:

    >> Here, read it for yourself:

    >> http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1321
    >>
    >> Read carefully. We'll be asking questions later.
    >>
    >> Then when you've finished reading all that, come back and explain why
    >> you are supposedly asking for "help" with a /maths/ problem in an
    >> /advocacy/ group.
    >>
    >>> I don't believe he's *playing* dumb, he *is* dumb IMO.

    >> And Trolling.

    > And (like others) I believe it to be Quack.

    You are just wrong again.

    AFAICS you have been wrong about everything so its pointless listening to
    you.
    Bye.

  12. Re: Open Source Developers Shun Micoshaft Corporation

    dennis@home wrote:

    > "Peter Köhlmann" wrote in message
    >> dennis@home wrote:
    >>

    >>> "Peter Köhlmann" wrote in message

    >>> Not only are you quick to insult but you lack the basic knowledge about
    >>> how the internet works so you get the facts wrong.
    >>>
    >>> All you have done so far is prove you are usually wrong and you expect
    >>> me to take your word for anything.
    >>> You may as well stop here because I am not interested in what /you/ have
    >>> to say.

    >> Some creative snipping on your part, isn't it?

    > Whats creative about it?
    > Whats the point of snipping something other than to shorten the post.. you
    > can't hide something that has been posted.
    > Even the directives don't stop someone archiving it.

    Well, you left only one sentence in:
    "Well, you denying it would rather confirm it"

    And then started to blubber your idiocy about "insult", "lack of..."
    and "facts wrong"

    What you *did* snip though was the part below that line: That I don't
    believe you to be "Hadron Quark"

    Yup, *that* *is* creative snipping. And extremely dishonest

    >> Why am I not surprised? You are as dishonest as one can get

    > Now that is uncalled for.. there have been *no* lies from me in this
    > thread. I suppose thats just another attempt by you to win.

    You have done basically nothing than lie in this thread. And yes, calling
    you cretin "extremely dishonest" is what is called for. You *do* creative
    snipping. And then blubber on the out-of-context part.
    Typical Vista luser behaviour.

    >> Is that standard procedure around you Vista lusers?

    > Its looks like its a standard procedure of the morons in here.
    > Just as well the rest of open source is not populated by people like you
    > or it would be dead.

    You have been shown to be a dumb, dishonest cretin. Time and again. And
    still you come back for more
    --
    This about sums it. Forget anything that idiot writes. It is garbage

  13. Re: Open Source Developers Shun Micoshaft Corporation

    > You have done basically nothing than lie in this thread.

    Show me one lie I have made in this thread.

  14. Re: Open Source Developers Shun Micoshaft Corporation

    dennis@home wrote:
    > "Peter Köhlmann" wrote in message
    >
    >> You have done basically nothing than lie in this thread.

    > Show me one lie I have made in this thread.

    This is the part of the thread where Peter "Windows Developer" Kohlmann
    slinks away.

  15. Re: Open Source Developers Shun Micoshaft Corporation

    DFS wrote:

    > dennis@home wrote:
    >> "Peter Köhlmann" wrote in message
    >>
    >>> You have done basically nothing than lie in this thread.

    >> Show me one lie I have made in this thread.

    > This is the part of the thread where Peter "Windows Developer" Kohlmann
    > slinks away.

    Oh, DumbFull**** barging in to thge rescue of a fellow retard.
    How cozy

    Come on, DFS, explain to your fellow Vista cretin how MD5 works.
    It has been shown to him dozens of times by now. And every time he came back
    with the same lies.
    Notice that his claims about MD5 have nothing to do with reality. And this
    in spite of having explained the base stuff to him dozens of times

    This is either
    a) complete idiocy (on a level even you never managed, DumbFull****)
    b) the doings of a liar
    c) being a typical Vista user (extremely stupid, totally dishonest)

    Since it is difficult to imagine anyone should be dumber than you, DFS, I'd
    certainly opt for B), although C) is still a very viable option and
    explains a lot of the cretinous stuff this Vista user "dennis" posts
    --
    Never argue with an idiot. He brings you down to his level, then beats
    you with experience...

  16. Re: Open Source Developers Shun Micoshaft Corporation

    Peter KŲhlmann wrote:
    > DFS wrote:
    >
    >> dennis@home wrote:
    >>> "Peter Köhlmann" wrote in message

    >>> Show me one lie I have made in this thread.

    >> This is the part of the thread where Peter "Windows Developer"
    >> Kohlmann slinks away.

    > Oh, DumbFull**** barging in to thge rescue of a fellow retard.
    > How cozy

    Then show us the lies, Windows Developer. And I don't mean an example of
    him misunderstanding or not knowing something about MD5.

    Show us the multiple lies you claim he made. I'm sure you can't.

  17. Re: Open Source Developers Shun Micoshaft Corporation

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, dennis@home

    wrote
    on Sat, 6 Oct 2007 15:02:46 +0100
    :

    > "The Ghost In The Machine" wrote in message
    >> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, dennis@home
    >>
    >> wrote
    >> on Fri, 5 Oct 2007 22:10:36 +0100
    >> :
    >>>
    >>> "Peter KŲhlmann" wrote in message

    >>> Not only are you quick to insult but you lack the basic
    >>> knowledge about how the internet works so you get the
    >>> facts wrong.

    >> OK....so how does the Internet work, then?

    > Read about it if you want to know.

    The Internet Engineering Task Force is currently
    the keeper of the Requests For Comment. While
    some of these aren't exactly specifications
    (e.g., http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1882.html and
    http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1796.html -- the former is
    amusing, the latter a reminder) a number of them (RFC791,
    RFC793, RFC2616, RFC2045 through 2049) are widely followed;
    some have even become standards:

    RFC791: lime green, standard
    RFC793: lime green, standard
    RFC2616: cyan, draft standard
    RFC2045-2049: cyan, draft standard

    (I do not have access to the ISO or ANSI standards docs.)

    RFC1321 is for some reason in the Informational
    category (orangish yellow), but is widely used.
    For what it's worth, so are RFC1796 and RFC1882;
    RFC1882 in particular is probably not that widely used
    (does anyone use a dialup modem anymore?) but will be
    recorded in the annals of time, hopefully as a parody.
    (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Twe...s_Of_Christmas
    is a presumably slightly more authoritative work on
    the original, or at least pointing thereto. Wikipedia
    occasionally has to burp inappropriate content, but then,
    so do we humans.)

    For a current list of Internet Official Protocol
    Standards, try http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3700 .
    (And yes, it's lime green.) Or one can simply use
    http://tools.ietf.org/html/ , which can retrieve by number
    or Google search through the documents.

    For a higher level resource (more concerned with
    data formats that can be conveniently packaged into
    files), one can peruse the World Wide Web Consortium:
    http://www.w3.org/ . Among other things, they have
    documentation on HTML, HTTP, XML, SVG, XSL, and CSS.
    The HTTP documentation points to -- surprise surprise --
    RFC2616 and RFC2617.

    (Not all of their documentation is followed to the letter,
    admittedly, but three guesses who the biggest violator by
    far is.... :-) )

    As for how the Internet works...that's a bit like asking
    how one's intelligence/mind/brain functions; it's an
    inherently multilayer problem. Did you want a slice in
    particular or the entire enchilada? Still, one can
    but try; one obvious place is of course is throwing
    "Internet" into http://www.howstuffworks.com/ . The
    results cover 927 links, the first of which is
    http://computer.howstuffworks.com/internet-channel.htm,
    with this interesting intro:

    Internet
    The Internet is so often accessed these days that
    we may take its functionality for granted. We look
    to the Internet for news, socializing, shopping,
    research and more. From HTML code to instant messaging,
    the HowStuffWorks Internet channel breaks down what's
    really going on whenever you log on, send an e-mail or
    post a blog. We also analyze some of the most popular
    Web sites to see just how they do what they do.

    Wikipedia is a lot drier:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet

    but seems to cover the basics, and includes

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:I...t_map_1024.jpg

    which is very pretty in its way, and could be construed as
    an alien brain, a fireworks display, colored spaghetti,
    or an exotic flower. It is, of course, a representation
    of the routing problem, as the inset shows. (Presumably,
    that's a DHCP construct.) A 4096x4096 variant is also
    available.

    So...which neurons of yours are reading this today? :-)
    And which molecules thereof are moving about? I won't
    get into the subatomic level (and have forgotten most
    of my quantum mechanics anyway) but I think this
    illustrates that the question I've asked is a very
    complex one. Nice punt on your part.

    >> Especially
    >> since the original bone of intention had to do with
    >> RFC1321, which had nothing to *do* with the Internet,
    >> really, except that it's occasionally used in packet
    >> transmissions therein?

    > That may be so but that is not what Peter was commenting
    > on as you well know.

    Ah, so you're a Topic-Of-The-Minute fan. Noted, FWIW.

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Useless C++ Programming Idea #7878218:
    class C { private: virtual void stupid() = 0; };

  18. Re: Open Source Developers Shun Micoshaft Corporation

    Verily I say unto thee, that The Ghost In The Machine spake thusly:
    > In comp.os.linux.advocacy, dennis@home
    > wrote on Sat, 6 Oct 2007 15:02:46
    > +0100 :
    >> "The Ghost In The Machine" wrote in
    >> message

    >>> OK....so how does the Internet work, then?

    >> Read about it if you want to know.

    > The Internet Engineering Task Force is currently the keeper of the
    > Requests For [snip]

    Here endeth the lesson.

    Next up; the history of the universe, part 1.

    Alternatively ... maybe you should start with something simpler for dear
    ol' dopey Dennis next time, like the ABC and multiplication tables.

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    | "OOXML is a superb standard"
    | - GNU/Linux traitor, Miguel de Icaza.
    `----

    20:28:19 up 60 days, 19:23, 3 users, load average: 0.15, 0.18, 0.27

  19. Re: Open Source Developers Shun Micoshaft Corporation

    "[H]omer" wrote in message news:f3dqt4-bnj.ln1@sky.matrix...
    > Verily I say unto thee, that The Ghost In The Machine spake thusly:
    >> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, dennis@home
    >> wrote on Sat, 6 Oct 2007 15:02:46
    >> +0100 :
    >>> "The Ghost In The Machine" wrote in
    >>> message

    >>> Read about it if you want to know.

    >> The Internet Engineering Task Force is currently the keeper of the
    >> Requests For [snip]

    > Here endeth the lesson.
    >
    > Next up; the history of the universe, part 1.
    >
    > Alternatively ... maybe you should start with something simpler for dear
    > ol' dopey Dennis next time, like the ABC and multiplication tables.

    Maybe you would like to start with edge firewalls, session controllers and a
    few bits that aren't in the rfcs?
    Some of the stuff the ITU is doing that will be in the Internet in a few
    years?

    The best rfc is the avian carriers one in case you haven't read it.
    The MPLAMPS one would probably go over your head as it requires you to know
    what they are extracting the urine from.