IURON - Linux

This is a discussion on IURON - Linux ; When is the beta release of http://IURON.com ? How do you pronounce it?...

  1. IURON

    When is the beta release of http://IURON.com ?

    How do you pronounce it?

  2. Re: IURON

    "John Bailo, Texeme.Construct" wrote in message
    news:1190838294.389312.62930@y42g2000hsy.googlegro ups.com...

    > When is the beta release of http://IURON.com ?

    I found the search engine on the website. All I can say is WOW.

    http://iuron.com/search/

    It's much faster than what Google has and it returns the results
    instantaneously. It's also very uncluttered because there are no
    advertisements at all.

    There's just one tiny little problem with this awesome search engine. It
    doesn't seem to ever return any results. Otherwise it's great.

    > How do you pronounce it?

    It is pronounced "C-R-A-P"

  3. Re: IURON

    On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 16:33:33 -0400, Ms. Polly Ester wrote:

    > "John Bailo, Texeme.Construct" wrote in message
    > news:1190838294.389312.62930@y42g2000hsy.googlegro ups.com...
    >>
    >> When is the beta release of http://IURON.com ?

    > I found the search engine on the website. All I can say is WOW.
    >
    > http://iuron.com/search/
    >
    > It's much faster than what Google has and it returns the results
    > instantaneously. It's also very uncluttered because there are no
    > advertisements at all.
    >
    > There's just one tiny little problem with this awesome search engine. It
    > doesn't seem to ever return any results. Otherwise it's great.
    >

    >> How do you pronounce it?

    > It is pronounced "C-R-A-P"

    Well, it does say "prototype" on the page.

  4. Re: IURON

    ____/ alt on Wednesday 26 September 2007 22:31 : \____

    > On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 16:33:33 -0400, Ms. Polly Ester wrote:
    >

    >> "John Bailo, Texeme.Construct" wrote in message
    >> news:1190838294.389312.62930@y42g2000hsy.googlegro ups.com...
    >>>
    >>> When is the beta release of http://IURON.com ?

    >> I found the search engine on the website. All I can say is WOW.
    >>
    >> http://iuron.com/search/
    >>
    >> It's much faster than what Google has and it returns the results
    >> instantaneously. It's also very uncluttered because there are no
    >> advertisements at all.
    >>
    >> There's just one tiny little problem with this awesome search engine. It
    >> doesn't seem to ever return any results. Otherwise it's great.
    >>

    >>> How do you pronounce it?

    >> It is pronounced "C-R-A-P"

    > Well, it does say "prototype" on the page.

    I haven't touch that project in years. At the time, I thought about the
    possibility of doing a second Ph.D. that revolves around this project. By the
    way, watch Wikia's new project. There are various projects that take a whole
    new approach to indexing and referral.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Useless fact: 21978 x 4 = 21978 backwards
    00:20:01 up 16 days, 22:26, 5 users, load average: 0.99, 1.33, 1.87

  5. Re: IURON

    On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 00:23:03 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > ____/ alt on Wednesday 26 September 2007 22:31 : \____
    >
    >> On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 16:33:33 -0400, Ms. Polly Ester wrote:
    >>

    >>> "John Bailo, Texeme.Construct" wrote in message
    >>> news:1190838294.389312.62930@y42g2000hsy.googlegro ups.com...

    >>> I found the search engine on the website. All I can say is WOW.
    >>>
    >>> http://iuron.com/search/
    >>>
    >>> It's much faster than what Google has and it returns the results
    >>> instantaneously. It's also very uncluttered because there are no
    >>> advertisements at all.
    >>>
    >>> There's just one tiny little problem with this awesome search engine. It
    >>> doesn't seem to ever return any results. Otherwise it's great.

    >>> It is pronounced "C-R-A-P"

    >> Well, it does say "prototype" on the page.

    > I haven't touch that project in years. At the time, I thought about the
    > possibility of doing a second Ph.D. that revolves around this project. By the
    > way, watch Wikia's new project. There are various projects that take a whole
    > new approach to indexing and referral.

    The idea is good. Simple indexing is dead, mostly due to "Search Engine
    Optimization". Google has some pretty proprietary methods to filter out
    the SEO junk from the real stuff. I look forward to the next "google".

  6. Re: IURON

    ____/ alt on Thursday 27 September 2007 03:38 : \____

    > On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 00:23:03 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> ____/ alt on Wednesday 26 September 2007 22:31 : \____

    >>> Well, it does say "prototype" on the page.

    >> I haven't touch that project in years. At the time, I thought about the
    >> possibility of doing a second Ph.D. that revolves around this project. By
    >> the way, watch Wikia's new project. There are various projects that take a
    >> whole new approach to indexing and referral.
    >>

    > The idea is good. Simple indexing is dead, mostly due to "Search Engine
    > Optimization". Google has some pretty proprietary methods to filter out
    > the SEO junk from the real stuff. I look forward to the next "google".

    Google has blacklists, not methods. In the past, I helped Cutts and the others
    expand a list of spammy sites^1, of which there are many (maybe the majority
    of the domains out there). Because of such lists, Google is untouchable.

    __
    ^1 And various registration details that can be used to identify the spammers,
    who create new sites)

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Apache: commercial software's days are numbered