Nerds to Auction Themselves to Women - Linux

This is a discussion on Nerds to Auction Themselves to Women - Linux ; http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5j...clJGOl6TF6MApg PULLMAN, Wash. (AP) - Looking to recruit more women, and perhaps date some sorority girls, the largest computer club at Washington State University hopes to hold a "nerd auction." The idea is to trade their computer skills to sorority ...

  1. Nerds to Auction Themselves to Women

    http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5j...clJGOl6TF6MApg

    PULLMAN, Wash. (AP) - Looking to recruit more women, and perhaps date
    some sorority girls, the largest computer club at Washington State
    University hopes to hold a "nerd auction." The idea is to trade their
    computer skills to sorority girls in exchange for a makeover and,
    possibly, a date.

    "You can buy a nerd and he'll fix your computer, help you with stats
    homework, or if you're really adventurous, take you to dinner!" Ben
    Ford, president of the Linux Users Group, said on its Web site
    recently.

  2. Re: Nerds to Auction Themselves to Women

    "John Bailo, Texeme.Construct" wrote in message
    news:1190822729.963461.212590@k79g2000hse.googlegr oups.com...

    > http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5j...clJGOl6TF6MApg
    >

    > PULLMAN, Wash. (AP) - Looking to recruit more women, and perhaps date
    > some sorority girls, the largest computer club at Washington State
    > University hopes to hold a "nerd auction." The idea is to trade their
    > computer skills to sorority girls in exchange for a makeover and,
    > possibly, a date.
    >
    > "You can buy a nerd and he'll fix your computer, help you with stats
    > homework, or if you're really adventurous, take you to dinner!" Ben
    > Ford, president of the Linux Users Group, said on its Web site
    > recently.

    You can bet that the hot chicks won't be looking to auction themselves a
    nerd. It'll be the fat pimply girl.

  3. Re: Nerds to Auction Themselves to Women

    Sir Michael Clayton wrote:
    > "John Bailo, Texeme.Construct" wrote in message
    > news:1190822729.963461.212590@k79g2000hse.googlegr oups.com...
    >> http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5j...clJGOl6TF6MApg
    >>

    >> PULLMAN, Wash. (AP) - Looking to recruit more women, and perhaps date
    >> some sorority girls, the largest computer club at Washington State
    >> University hopes to hold a "nerd auction." The idea is to trade their
    >> computer skills to sorority girls in exchange for a makeover and,
    >> possibly, a date.
    >>
    >> "You can buy a nerd and he'll fix your computer, help you with stats
    >> homework, or if you're really adventurous, take you to dinner!" Ben
    >> Ford, president of the Linux Users Group, said on its Web site
    >> recently.
    >>

    > You can bet that the hot chicks won't be looking to auction themselves a
    > nerd. It'll be the fat pimply girl.

    I bid a dollar.

  4. Re: Nerds to Auction Themselves to Women

    "Jeanette" wrote in message
    > Sir Michael Clayton wrote:
    >> "John Bailo, Texeme.Construct" wrote in message
    >> news:1190822729.963461.212590@k79g2000hse.googlegr oups.com...
    >>> http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5j...clJGOl6TF6MApg
    >>>

    >>> PULLMAN, Wash. (AP) - Looking to recruit more women, and perhaps date
    >>> some sorority girls, the largest computer club at Washington State
    >>> University hopes to hold a "nerd auction." The idea is to trade their
    >>> computer skills to sorority girls in exchange for a makeover and,
    >>> possibly, a date.
    >>>
    >>> "You can buy a nerd and he'll fix your computer, help you with stats
    >>> homework, or if you're really adventurous, take you to dinner!" Ben
    >>> Ford, president of the Linux Users Group, said on its Web site
    >>> recently.
    >>>

    >> You can bet that the hot chicks won't be looking to auction themselves a
    >> nerd. It'll be the fat pimply girl.
    >>

    > I bid a dollar.

    I'd pay a buck too. I wouldn't want any of those nerds touching my computer
    or going anywhere near my stuff. I'd pay them a buck to wash my car, rake
    some leaves and clean up some of the dog poop that's in the yard.

  5. Re: Nerds to Auction Themselves to Women

    Sir Michael Clayton wrote:

    > "John Bailo, Texeme.Construct" wrote in message
    > news:1190822729.963461.212590@k79g2000hse.googlegr oups.com...
    > >
    > > http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5j...clJGOl6TF6MApg
    > >

    > > PULLMAN, Wash. (AP) - Looking to recruit more women, and perhaps
    > > date some sorority girls, the largest computer club at Washington
    > > State University hopes to hold a "nerd auction." The idea is to
    > > trade their computer skills to sorority girls in exchange for a
    > > makeover and, possibly, a date.
    > >
    > > "You can buy a nerd and he'll fix your computer, help you with stats
    > > homework, or if you're really adventurous, take you to dinner!" Ben
    > > Ford, president of the Linux Users Group, said on its Web site
    > > recently.
    > >

    > You can bet that the hot chicks won't be looking to auction
    > themselves a nerd. It'll be the fat pimply girl.

    Leave your sister out of it.

  6. Re: Nerds to Auction Themselves to Women

    John Bailo, Texeme.Construct wrote:

    > http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5j...clJGOl6TF6MApg
    >

    > PULLMAN, Wash. (AP) - Looking to recruit more women, and perhaps date
    > some sorority girls, the largest computer club at Washington State
    > University hopes to hold a "nerd auction." The idea is to trade their
    > computer skills to sorority girls in exchange for a makeover and,
    > possibly, a date.
    >
    > "You can buy a nerd and he'll fix your computer, help you with stats
    > homework, or if you're really adventurous, take you to dinner!" Ben
    > Ford, president of the Linux Users Group, said on its Web site
    > recently.

    HA!

    Hot chicks pay Linux geeks to go out with them.

  7. Re: Nerds to Auction Themselves to Women

    Jeanette wrote:

    > Sir Michael Clayton wrote:
    > > "John Bailo, Texeme.Construct" wrote in
    > > message
    > > news:1190822729.963461.212590@k79g2000hse.googlegr oups.com...
    > >> http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5j...clJGOl6TF6MApg
    > >>

    > >> PULLMAN, Wash. (AP) - Looking to recruit more women, and perhaps
    > >> date some sorority girls, the largest computer club at Washington
    > >> State University hopes to hold a "nerd auction." The idea is to
    > >> trade their computer skills to sorority girls in exchange for a
    > >> makeover and, possibly, a date.
    > >>
    > >> "You can buy a nerd and he'll fix your computer, help you with
    > >> stats homework, or if you're really adventurous, take you to
    > >> dinner!" Ben Ford, president of the Linux Users Group, said on its
    > >> Web site recently.
    > >>

    > > You can bet that the hot chicks won't be looking to auction
    > > themselves a nerd. It'll be the fat pimply girl.
    > >

    > I bid a dollar.

    Thanks, but it wouldn't be right to take your life savings.

    We'll consider you a charity case if you promise to sit at another
    table during dinner and not swallow the bus boy.

+ Reply to Thread