[News] [Rival] Apple Causes Unrest in iPhone Land, Possibly Breaks the Law - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] [Rival] Apple Causes Unrest in iPhone Land, Possibly Breaks the Law - Linux ; Running Any Third Party iPhone Apps? Bye-Bye Warranty! ,----[ Quote ] | You heard that the new firmware bricks unlocked iphones? Get this: Apple just | confirmed to me that running any third-party app at all voids the warranty, | ...

  1. [News] [Rival] Apple Causes Unrest in iPhone Land, Possibly Breaks the Law

    Running Any Third Party iPhone Apps? Bye-Bye Warranty!

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | You heard that the new firmware bricks unlocked iphones? Get this: Apple just
    | confirmed to me that running any third-party app at all voids the warranty,
    | and you won't be covered if your iPhone bricks for whatever reason.
    `----

    http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/more-evil...nty-303191.php
    http://tinyurl.com/yu3j9w

    Did Apple Violate Magnuson-Moss over iPhone Unlocks?

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Apple has today stated that unlocking the iPhone is an official warranty
    | violation. Further, they have stated that future iPhone firmware updates may
    | damage unlocked iPhones. However, Apple may have violated an important
    | federal warranty law in doing so.
    `----

    http://www.phonenews.com/content/view/2386/9/

    Apple to Brick Modded iPhones, Apple Boycott?

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | While community reaction is generally negative, one blogger suggests sending
    | an even stronger message to Apple by boycotting Apple on October 1.
    `----

    http://www.osnews.com/story.php/1868...Apple-Boycott/

    Developers deny this:

    "iPhone Dev Team" issues statement

    http://www.tuaw.com/2007/09/25/iphon...ues-statement/

    LEGO iPhone Already Pre-Bricked Out of the Box

    http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/lego/lego...box-303370.php

  2. Re: [News] [Rival] Apple Causes Unrest in iPhone Land, Possibly Breaks the Law

    "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message
    > Running Any Third Party iPhone Apps? Bye-Bye Warranty!
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | You heard that the new firmware bricks unlocked iphones? Get this: Apple
    > just
    > | confirmed to me that running any third-party app at all voids the
    > warranty,
    > | and you won't be covered if your iPhone bricks for whatever reason.
    > `----
    >
    > http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/more-evil...nty-303191.php
    > http://tinyurl.com/yu3j9w
    >
    > Did Apple Violate Magnuson-Moss over iPhone Unlocks?

    Uhh, right. I'm sure the blogger who wrote this is much more knowledgable
    than the dozens of attorneys at Apple who reviewed this decision and wrote
    the Apple service contract.

    What major lawfirm does this blogger work for? My guess is that he's some
    loser that still lives in mommy's basement.