Monolithic OS upgrades are so over

,----[ Quote ]
| But if I can find all the drivers I need for Ubuntu then I may well make a
| permanent switch asall other issues aside I do find the regular, bite-sized
| upgrades of Linux so much more palatable. And I suspect that increasingly
| businesses will warm to this taste too.
`----

http://community.zdnet.co.uk/blog/0,...331758b,00.htm

How worried should Microsoft be about open source?

,----[ Quote ]
| Many governments are actively pushing people toward Linux, for political
| reasons. It?s not just code ownership. Ubuntu actually leads Microsoft in
| localization, having built teams in many languages ? India alone has hundreds
| of languages. Not all are official, on either a federal or state level. Open
| source lets local people deliver support for these languages.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/?p=1466

He talks about Microsoft restoring XP as a sign of fear of Linux.

Related:

Microsoft Reveals Windows Vista SP1 Will Install XP

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.bbspot.com/News/2007/09/m...nstall-xp.html

`----