Re: [News] [Rival] Burial of Microsoft Zunes (RIP, SPOT 2.0 akaMicrosoft Bob 2.0) - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: [News] [Rival] Burial of Microsoft Zunes (RIP, SPOT 2.0 akaMicrosoft Bob 2.0) - Linux ; On Sun, 25 May 2008 07:20:14 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote: > - From Vista to Zune: Why Microsoft Can’t Sell to Consumers > > ,----[ Quote ] > | Microsoft’s marketing of Windows Vista and the Zune have failed in ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Re: [News] [Rival] Burial of Microsoft Zunes (RIP, SPOT 2.0 akaMicrosoft Bob 2.0)

  1. Re: [News] [Rival] Burial of Microsoft Zunes (RIP, SPOT 2.0 akaMicrosoft Bob 2.0)

    On Sun, 25 May 2008 07:20:14 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:


    > - From Vista to Zune: Why Microsoft Can’t Sell to Consumers
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | Microsoft’s marketing of Windows Vista and the Zune have failed in
    > large part | due to the fact that Microsoft has not learned how to
    > effectively sell | consumer products. Consumers buy Windows and Office,
    > but that’s because they | have no choice, not because of the company’s
    > marketing savvy. Microsoft only | effectively markets its products to
    > businesses, which represents a very | different type of sales
    > relationship. `----
    >
    > http://www.roughlydrafted.com/2008/0...a-to-zune-why-

    microsoft-cant-sell-to-consumers/

    regarding the "Consumers buy Windows and Office, but that’s because they
    have no choice...", I disagree with the former. Consumers don't "buy"
    Windows, they buy computers that have Windows preinstalled. Then they buy
    Office because they don't know any better.

  2. Re: [News] [Rival] Burial of Microsoft Zunes (RIP, SPOT 2.0 aka Microsoft Bob 2.0)

    alt wrote:

    > On Sun, 25 May 2008 07:20:14 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >
    >> - From Vista to Zune: Why Microsoft Can’t Sell to Consumers
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >> | Microsoft’s marketing of Windows Vista and the Zune have failed in
    >> large part | due to the fact that Microsoft has not learned how to
    >> effectively sell | consumer products. Consumers buy Windows and
    >> Office, but that’s because they | have no choice, not because of the
    >> company’s marketing savvy. Microsoft only | effectively markets its
    >> products to businesses, which represents a very | different type of
    >> sales relationship. `----
    >>
    >> http://www.roughlydrafted.com/2008/0...a-to-zune-why-

    > microsoft-cant-sell-to-consumers/
    >
    > regarding the "Consumers buy Windows and Office, but that’s because
    > they have no choice...", I disagree with the former. Consumers don't
    > "buy" Windows, they buy computers that have Windows preinstalled. Then
    > they buy Office because they don't know any better.


    In fact, I've noticed an increasing trend for new PCs to come with
    Windows AND MS Office pre-installed. The Office part is a trial
    version, which lasts 30 days, and then needs to be activated for it to
    continue working. That latter (presumably) involves the usual "Now
    open your wallet and repeat after me..."Please help yourself"...."


  3. Re: [News] [Rival] Burial of Microsoft Zunes (RIP, SPOT 2.0 aka Microsoft Bob 2.0)

    bbgruff wrote:
    > alt wrote:


    >> regarding the "Consumers buy Windows and Office, but that's because
    >> they have no choice...", I disagree with the former. Consumers don't
    >> "buy" Windows, they buy computers that have Windows preinstalled.


    They buy computers *because* they have Windows preinstalled, because they
    know they can run enormous amounts of apps and games.



    >> Then they buy Office because they don't know any better.


    Millions download and try Linux 'cause they don't know any better. Then it
    boots and then the lesson is learned.



    > In fact, I've noticed an increasing trend for new PCs to come with
    > Windows AND MS Office pre-installed. The Office part is a trial
    > version, which lasts 30 days, and then needs to be activated for it to
    > continue working. That latter (presumably) involves the usual "Now
    > open your wallet and repeat after me..."Please help yourself"...."


    That's where la-la land (free slopware) ends and reality (professional,
    commercial code) begins.




  4. Re: [News] [Rival] Burial of Microsoft Zunes (RIP, SPOT 2.0 aka Microsoft Bob 2.0)

    * alt peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > On Sun, 25 May 2008 07:20:14 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> - From Vista to Zune: Why Microsoft Can?t Sell to Consumers
    >>
    >> http://www.roughlydrafted.com/2008/0...a-to-zune-why-

    > microsoft-cant-sell-to-consumers/
    >
    > regarding the "Consumers buy Windows and Office, but that?s because they
    > have no choice...", I disagree with the former. Consumers don't "buy"
    > Windows, they buy computers that have Windows preinstalled. Then they buy
    > Office because they don't know any better.


    Actually, I suspect most consumers simply /copy/ MS Office.

    --
    I'm a big believer that as much as possible, and there's obviously political
    limitations, freedom of migration is a good thing. -- Bill Gates, "Bill Gates
    backs immigration reform on Mexico trip" Reuters (21 March 2007)

  5. Re: [News] [Rival] Burial of Microsoft Zunes (RIP, SPOT 2.0 aka Microsoft Bob 2.0)

    Linonut writes:

    > * alt peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> On Sun, 25 May 2008 07:20:14 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>
    >>> - From Vista to Zune: Why Microsoft Can?t Sell to Consumers
    >>>
    >>> http://www.roughlydrafted.com/2008/0...a-to-zune-why-

    >> microsoft-cant-sell-to-consumers/
    >>
    >> regarding the "Consumers buy Windows and Office, but that?s because they
    >> have no choice...", I disagree with the former. Consumers don't "buy"
    >> Windows, they buy computers that have Windows preinstalled. Then they buy
    >> Office because they don't know any better.

    >
    > Actually, I suspect most consumers simply /copy/ MS Office.


    Then you suspect wrong. As usual.

    --
    "Its obvious Micoshaft sponsored frauds and net stalkers are now attacking individuals directly in organised gangs in linux advocacy newsgroups as predicted since it is known micoshaft is failing in the market place."
    7, COLA Linux "advocate" and nutjob.

  6. Re: [News] [Rival] Burial of Microsoft Zunes (RIP, SPOT 2.0 aka Microsoft Bob 2.0)

    Moshe Goldfarb (flatfish) in real life Gary Stewart

    http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2008/...arb-troll.html
    http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2007/...ish-troll.html

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar
    * Frequently cross posts replies to other non-Linux related newsgroups
    * Frequently cross posts articles originally not posted to COLA

    ** Posted from http://www.teranews.com **

+ Reply to Thread