In article
Edwin wrote:

> On May 24, 5:40*pm, Tim Murray wrote:
> > * * * * Pursuant to your myth post.
> >
> > Say that Apple's computers were built by the same folks who build the tape
> > recorders for Mission Impossible. You had no way of knowing what was
> > inside,
> > because as soon as you cracked open the case, it consumed its processor and
> > motherboard in a white-hot magnesium flash.
> >
> > In other words, all you know about it is how it works from the
> > user-interface
> > level.

> IOW, you want to limit me to your level of knowledge.
> > So answer this: Is a Mac just a Wintel box?

> The answer is to go down to the factory that makes them and find out
> if the same things are being put into both.

So... the same argument...

....any machine that runs Linux...

....that's a Wintel box, too...

"The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" --
"I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone
"It is Mac OS X, not BSD.' -- 'From Mac OS to BSD Unix." -- "It's BSD Unix with Apple's APIs and GUI on top of it' -- 'nothing but BSD Unix' (Edwin on Mac OS X)
'[The IBM PC] could boot multiple OS, such as DOS, C/PM, GEM, etc.' --
'I claimed nothing about GEM other than it was available software for the
IBM PC. (Edwin on GEM)
'Solaris is just a marketing rename of Sun OS.' -- 'Sun OS is not included
on the timeline of Solaris because it's a different OS.' (Edwin on Sun)