OT: a.o.l.u - Quackless - Linux

This is a discussion on OT: a.o.l.u - Quackless - Linux ; Moshe, Goldfarb. wrote: > On Wed, 28 May 2008 10:25:49 +0100, William Poaster wrote: > >> On Tue, 27 May 2008 18:54:58 -0500, chrisv wrote: >> >>> Linonut wrote: >>> >>>> http://www.dilbert.com/strips/comic/2008-05-25/ >>>> >>>> Unfortunately, dilbert.com now hides the graphic ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 64

  1. Re: OT: a.o.l.u - Quackless

    Moshe, Goldfarb. wrote:
    > On Wed, 28 May 2008 10:25:49 +0100, William Poaster wrote:

    >>> It is quite the messy Web site. It all just works here with PCLOS,
    >>> however...

    >> Works ok in Mandriva too.

    > Liar....

    Slow to load, but it works fine on Konqueror on Sabayon 3.4 in VirtualBox.

  2. Re: OT: a.o.l.u - Quackless

    Rick wrote:

    > On Wed, 28 May 2008 11:39:42 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >>
    >> "Moshe, Goldfarb." writes:
    >>>
    >>> Liar....

    >> No. Surely the Dilbert crew created the Unix/Linux page and link just
    >> for fun? ......

    > So you are saying that Linux users have to use the Linux/Unix page to
    > view the strip?
    >
    > You are saying that peole with systems like mine and his can't view the
    > strip?
    >
    > You are saying that I didn't read the strip 5 minutes ago?

    Amazing, isn't it? These trolling assholes are trying to tell us that we
    can't do things that we can see for ourselves that we can. Are we
    supposed to believe them over our own experience?

    What a couple of fsckwits.

  3. Re: OT: a.o.l.u - Quackless

    On Wed, 28 May 2008 08:12:54 -0500, chrisv wrote:

    > Rick wrote:

    >>> No. Surely the Dilbert crew created the Unix/Linux page and link just
    >>> for fun? ......

    >> So you are saying that Linux users have to use the Linux/Unix page to
    >> view the strip?
    >>
    >> You are saying that peole with systems like mine and his can't view the
    >> strip?
    >>
    >> You are saying that I didn't read the strip 5 minutes ago?

    > Amazing, isn't it? These trolling assholes are trying to tell us that we
    > can't do things that we can see for ourselves that we can. Are we
    > supposed to believe them over our own experience?

    Yes, it really is laughable.

    > What a couple of fsckwits.

    That IMO is an insult to fsckwits.

    --
    Mandriva 2008.1 64-bit.
    This message was sent from a

  4. Re: OT: a.o.l.u - Quackless

    On 2008-05-28, William Poaster claimed:

    > Moshe Flatfish is so incompetent, the troll can't get anything working.
    >
    > Works fine in both Mandriva 2008.1 64-bit, & Mandriva 2008.1 32-bit on
    > another machine. :-)

    And Debian Etch.

    I didn't know what the hubbub was all about. So I went to the link
    referenced. I /still/ don't have any idea what the hubbub is about. It
    worked OK for me.

    Was I suspposed to have a crash or something? Was it supposed to render
    weird? Was it supposed to bring any/all of my browsers down? Is Mr.
    Blammer going to start throwing chairs because I didn't have any
    problems?

    --
    I'm using linux daily to up my productivity. So, up yours, Microsoft.

  5. Re: OT: a.o.l.u - Quackless

    On Wed, 28 May 2008 09:41:32 -0500, Sinister Midget wrote:

    > On 2008-05-28, William Poaster claimed:

    >> Moshe Flatfish is so incompetent, the troll can't get anything working.
    >>
    >> Works fine in both Mandriva 2008.1 64-bit, & Mandriva 2008.1 32-bit on
    >> another machine. :-)

    > And Debian Etch.
    >
    > I didn't know what the hubbub was all about. So I went to the link
    > referenced. I /still/ don't have any idea what the hubbub is about. It
    > worked OK for me.
    >
    > Was I suspposed to have a crash or something? Was it supposed to render
    > weird? Was it supposed to bring any/all of my browsers down? Is Mr.
    > Blammer going to start throwing chairs because I didn't have any problems?

    Nah, but Moshe Flatfish & his twin troll Quack might. But who cares.

    --
    Mandriva 2008.1 64-bit.
    This message was sent from a
    computer which is guaranteed
    100% free of the M$ Windoze virus.

  6. Re: OT: a.o.l.u - Quackless

    On Wed, 28 May 2008 15:49:47 +0100, William Poaster wrote:

    > On Wed, 28 May 2008 09:41:32 -0500, Sinister Midget wrote:
    >
    >> On 2008-05-28, William Poaster claimed:

    >>> Moshe Flatfish is so incompetent, the troll can't get anything working.
    >>>
    >>> Works fine in both Mandriva 2008.1 64-bit, & Mandriva 2008.1 32-bit on
    >>> another machine. :-)

    >> And Debian Etch.
    >>
    >> I didn't know what the hubbub was all about. So I went to the link
    >> referenced. I /still/ don't have any idea what the hubbub is about. It
    >> worked OK for me.
    >>
    >> Was I suspposed to have a crash or something? Was it supposed to render
    >> weird? Was it supposed to bring any/all of my browsers down? Is Mr.
    >> Blammer going to start throwing chairs because I didn't have any problems?

    > Nah, but Moshe Flatfish & his twin troll Quack might. But who cares.

    It works fine on Windows.
    No need to play distribution swicherroo like you have to with Linux.
    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  7. Re: OT: a.o.l.u - Quackless

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  8. Re: OT: a.o.l.u - Quackless

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  9. Re: OT: a.o.l.u - Quackless

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  10. Re: OT: a.o.l.u - Quackless

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  11. Re: OT: a.o.l.u - Quackless

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  12. Re: OT: a.o.l.u - Quackless

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  13. Re: OT: a.o.l.u - Quackless

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  14. Re: OT: a.o.l.u - Quackless

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  15. Re: OT: a.o.l.u - Quackless

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  16. Re: OT: a.o.l.u - Quackless

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  17. Re: OT: a.o.l.u - Quackless

    William Poaster espoused:
    > On Sun, 25 May 2008 18:26:04 -0500, Sinister Midget wrote:

    >>> Rhonda Quack.

    >> Oh. I thought s/h/it was gone since I hadn't seen anything from s/h/it in
    >> a long time. Not even responses to s/h/it.

    > Well it declared that it trolls, & a troll has no credibility. So it's
    > hardly surprising that very few respond to Quack.

    I didn't realise it was still around, to be honest.

  18. Re: OT: a.o.l.u - Quackless

    William Poaster wrote:
    > On Tue, 27 May 2008 18:54:58 -0500, chrisv wrote:
    >
    >> Linonut wrote:
    >>
    >>> http://www.dilbert.com/strips/comic/2008-05-25/
    >>>
    >>> Unfortunately, dilbert.com now hides the graphic behind a grotesque
    >>> Flash interface. I can't get the whole graphic to appear for more than
    >>> a couple seconds.

    >> It is quite the messy Web site. It all just works here with PCLOS,
    >> however...

    > Works ok in Mandriva too.

    Ubuntu too..
    But if you hate pointless flash, click the "linux/unix" link at the bottom
    for a "fast" static webpage.

  19. Re: OT: a.o.l.u - Quackless

    Moshe, Goldfarb. wrote:
    > The Dilbert people had to create another page for the Linux people because
    > the page that works for 99.4 percent of the rest of the earth does NOT work
    > for the linux people

    You're weird.
    If you have a web browser and flash 9, it works.
    Irrespective of operating system.
    However, some of us PREFER to use the static page because flash is overused
    pointlessly there (not to mention the fact the front page is feckin ugly)
    | in |good to you so far... |

  20. Re: OT: a.o.l.u - Quackless

    Andrew Halliwell wrote:
    > Moshe, Goldfarb. wrote:
    >> The Dilbert people had to create another page for the Linux people because
    >> the page that works for 99.4 percent of the rest of the earth does NOT work
    >> for the linux people

    > You're weird.
    > If you have a web browser and flash 9, it works.
    > Irrespective of operating system.
    > However, some of us PREFER to use the static page because flash is overused
    > pointlessly there (not to mention the fact the front page is feckin ugly)

    It's used for Wintards who like shiny things rather than apps that
    actually work.