  1. With Linux you can get 11 minutes of uptime! Take that Microsoft!

    "Try Fedora 9. I've got about 33 minutes out of this install so far and that
    triples the uptime I've been seeing with Hardy."

    #99 at
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...freeze&page=10

  2. Re: With Linux you can get 11 minutes of uptime! Take that Microsoft!

    On Sat, 24 May 2008 21:12:34 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > "Try Fedora 9. I've got about 33 minutes out of this install so far and that
    > triples the uptime I've been seeing with Hardy."
    >
    > #99 at
    > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...freeze&page=10

    This is really getting comical.

    And yet, the Linux loons in COLA are denying that there are some serious
    problems with Linux.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: With Linux you can get 11 minutes of uptime! Take that Microsoft!

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  4. Re: With DFS, there is no credibility

    On Sat, 24 May 2008 21:12:34 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > "Try Fedora 9. I've got about 33 minutes out of this install so far and
    > that triples the uptime I've been seeing with Hardy."
    >
    > #99 at
    > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...freeze&page=10

    .... title change says it all.

    --
    Rick

  5. Re: With Linux you can get 11 minutes of uptime! Take thatMicrosoft!

    On Sat, 24 May 2008 21:54:25 -0400, Moshe, Goldfarb. wrote:

    > On Sat, 24 May 2008 21:12:34 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >
    >> "Try Fedora 9. I've got about 33 minutes out of this install so far and
    >> that triples the uptime I've been seeing with Hardy."
    >>
    >> #99 at
    >> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?

    t=765510&highlight=freeze&page=10

    > This is really getting comical.
    >
    > And yet, the Linux loons in COLA are denying that there are some serious
    > problems with Linux.

    Linux Loon... that's a person that continues to use Linux just to diss
    it.

    --
    Rick

  6. Re: With Linux you can get 11 minutes of uptime! Take that Microsoft!

    Rick wrote:
    > On Sat, 24 May 2008 21:12:34 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >
    >> "Try Fedora 9. I've got about 33 minutes out of this install so far
    >> and that triples the uptime I've been seeing with Hardy."
    >>
    >> #99 at
    >> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...freeze&page=10

    > ... title change says it all.

    About lusers like you and WRonG and 7.

  7. Re: With DFS you can get 11 minutes of uptime!

    On Sun, 25 May 2008 01:08:46 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > Rick wrote:
    >> On Sat, 24 May 2008 21:12:34 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Try Fedora 9. I've got about 33 minutes out of this install so far
    >>> and that triples the uptime I've been seeing with Hardy."
    >>>
    >>> #99 at
    >>> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?

    t=765510&highlight=freeze&page=10

    >> ... title change says it all.

    > About lusers like you and WRonG and 7.

    ... title change says it all.

    BTW, why do you care about OSS and Linux? WHy do you continually,
    dishonestly and ineffectively try to prove that noting works in the word
    of OSS and Linux.

    --
    Rick

  8. Re: With DFS you can get 11 minutes of uptime!

    On Sun, 25 May 2008 01:38:07 -0500, Rick wrote:

    > On Sun, 25 May 2008 01:08:46 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >
    >> Rick wrote:

    > t=765510&highlight=freeze&page=10
    >>>

    >>> ... title change says it all.

    >> About lusers like you and WRonG and 7.

    > ... title change says it all.
    >
    > BTW, why do you care about OSS and Linux? WHy do you continually,
    > dishonestly and ineffectively try to prove that noting works in the word
    > of OSS and Linux.

    The idiot wintroll said:
    If it weren't for Windows, you wouldn't be posting anything right now. -
    DFS (http://tinyurl.com/39l89u)

    Which kinda shot his credibility to shreds there & then.

    --
    Mandriva 2008.1 64-bit.
    This message was sent from a

  9. DFS: pinheaded puppet of Microsloth and knuckle-dragging retard

    Rick wrote:

    > ... title change says it all.

    .... title change says it all. :-)

  10. Re: With Linux you can get 11 minutes of uptime! Take that Microsoft!

    Rick wrote:
    > On Sun, 25 May 2008 01:08:46 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >
    >> Rick wrote:

    > t=765510&highlight=freeze&page=10
    >>>

    >>> ... title change says it all.

    >> About lusers like you and WRonG and 7.

    > ... title change says it all.

    About lusers like you and WRonG and 7 who can't answer questions about why
    Linux is so bad, and instead change thread titles and think they're clever.

    This is why you're rarely worth talking to, (p)Rick. Basically all you can
    do is change thread titles, substitute Windows for Linux in my posts, and
    ask "Why do you care?"

    Get with the program, dullard. You're the 2nd most lame poster on cola -
    Dumb Willie Poaster And His Amazing Killfiles wins by a landslide, of
    course.

    > BTW, why do you care about OSS and Linux?

    In order:

    * sick of paying/using MS products for 20+ years
    * to see what amateurs can produce (mostly crap it turns out)
    * smack down Linux liars

    > WHy do you continually, dishonestly and ineffectively
    > try to prove that noting works in the word of OSS and Linux.

    If I'm ineffective why do you follow me around like a puppy for years?

  11. Re: With Linux you can get 11 minutes of uptime! Take thatMicrosoft!

    On Sun, 25 May 2008 10:28:14 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > Rick wrote:

    >> t=765510&highlight=freeze&page=10

    >>> About lusers like you and WRonG and 7.

    >> ... title change says it all.

    > About lusers like you and WRonG and 7 who can't answer questions about
    > why Linux is so bad, and instead change thread titles and think they're
    > clever.

    So, you are now claiming clairvoyance. Maybe you should start your meds
    again.

    > This is why you're rarely worth talking to, (p)Rick.

    .... still can't spell.. tch, tch.

    > Basically all you
    > can do is change thread titles, substitute Windows for Linux in my
    > posts, and ask "Why do you care?"

    And you continually miss the point.

    > Get with the program, dullard. You're the 2nd most lame poster on cola
    > - Dumb Willie Poaster And His Amazing Killfiles wins by a landslide, of
    > course.
    >

    >> BTW, why do you care about OSS and Linux?

    > In order:
    >
    > * sick of paying/using MS products for 20+ years

    If, by comparison, MS products are so much better than OSS products, why
    are you sick of them?

    > * to see what amateurs can produce (mostly crap it turns out)

    The problem is, you call everything that is proprietary and Windows based
    crap.

    > * smack down Linux liars

    Yeah, sure... and you do that using your brand of dishonesty.

    >> WHy do you continually, dishonestly and ineffectively try to prove that
    >> noting works in the word of OSS and Linux.

    > If I'm ineffective why do you follow me around like a puppy for years?

    Your premise is flawed, so your questio cannot be answere.

    --
    Rick

  12. Re: With Linux you can get 11 months of uptime! Take that Microsoft!

    Rick wrote:
    > Moshe, Goldfarb. wrote:
    >> DFS wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Try Fedora 9. I've got about 33 minutes out of this
    >>> install so far and that triples the uptime I've been
    >>> seeing with Hardy."
    >>>
    >>> #99 at
    >>> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...freeze&page=10

    >> This is really getting comical. And yet, the Linux
    >> loons in COLA are denying that there are some serious
    >> problems with Linux.

    > Linux Loon... that's a person that continues to use Linux
    > just to diss it.

    Oh, both PhlatPhish and DFS are off their meds again.

    Tonight I was passing through Boise City, Oklahoma. Stopped by a
    Love's gas station. Whilst inside, son pointed it out with a
    sense of humour. The Windows based Lotto kiosk had the BSOD
    (blue screen of death) showing on it.

    --
    HPT

  13. Re: Don Zeigler loves little boys and supports NAMBLA

    "Tattoo Vampire" wrote in message
    > Rick wrote:
    >
    >> ... title change says it all.

    > ... title change says it all. :-)

    It sure does.

  14. Re: With Linux you can get 11 minutes of uptime! Take that Microsoft!

    High Plains Thumper wrote:

    > The Windows based Lotto kiosk had the BSOD
    > (blue screen of death) showing on it.

    What does this have to do with Linux advocacy?
    Why aren't you whining about violating the cola charter?
    Why do you run Windows all day but pretend to advocate Linux at night?

    Why?
    Why?
    Why?

  15. Re: With Linux you can get 11 minutes of uptime! Take that Microsoft!

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  16. Re: With Linux you can get 11 minutes of uptime! Take that Microsoft!

    Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    > DFS wrote:
    >> High Plains Thumper wrote:

    >>> Oh, both PhlatPhish and DFS are off their meds again.
    >>>
    >>> Tonight I was passing through Boise City, Oklahoma.
    >>> Stopped by a Love's gas station. Whilst inside, son
    >>> pointed it out with a sense of humour. The Windows based
    >>> Lotto kiosk had the BSOD (blue screen of death) showing on
    >>> it.

    >> What does this have to do with Linux advocacy? Why aren't
    >> you whining about violating the cola charter? Why do you run
    >> Windows all day but pretend to advocate Linux at night?
    >>
    >> Why? Why? Why?

    > Because HPT has already had his hissy fit for the day.

    No, it is on topic because Microsoft is the luser (yes, I said
    luser).

    Linux is much, much, more stable and secure than Microsoft.

    Ubuntu bested both Microsoft Vista and Apple OSX in pwn to own
    hacking contest:

    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/03...left_standing/

    [real quote]
    Only Ubuntu left standing, as Flash vuln fells Vista in Pwn2Own
    hacking contest

    Contestant overcomes bout of 'hacktile dysfunction'
    By Dan Goodin in Vancouver
    Published Saturday 29th March 2008 21:27 GMT

    CanSecWest A laptop running a fully patched version of
    Microsoft's Vista operating system was the second and final
    machine to fall in a hacking contest that pitted the security of
    Windows, OS X and Ubuntu Linux. With both a Windows and Mac
    machine felled, only the Linux box remained standing following
    the three-day competition.
    [/real quote]

    Linux rules and Windows drools.

    --
    HPT

  17. Re: With Linux you can get 11 minutes of uptime! Take that Microsoft!

    High Plains Thumper wrote:

    > No, it is on topic because Microsoft is the luser (yes, I said
    > luser).

    We heard you the first time.

    The fact is, you don't care much at all about Linux/OSS. You use Windows
    and MS products all day at work, but pretend to "advocate" Linux at night.
    What's the point?

    > Linux is much, much, more stable

    Linux is totally, totally unstable outside of the server room. While the
    kernel doesn't crash much, app crashes and full system lockups due to
    wayward (cr)apps and drivers are extremely common in the desktop world.

    86 pages of discussion about Feisty 7.04 freezing up

    65 pages of discussion about Gutsy 7.10 freezing up
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...ghlight=freeze

    12 pages of discussion about Hardy 8.04 freezing up
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...ghlight=freeze

    The bull**** problems seen in Linux are just hilarious sometimes. Here's
    two funny cases:

    1) Linux freezes *when* USB device plugged in: #1 at
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...ht=USB+freezes

    2) Linux freezes *unless* USB device plugged in: #7 at
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...hlight=freezes

    This kind of stuff happens with less-talented developers who have no
    incentive to produce good code in the first place, and which code is then
    not very well tested because of the tiny user base. The "many eyes" is just
    a lie.

    > and secure than Microsoft.

    Tell it to these guys:

    "The Ubuntu community had to yank five of the eight Ubuntu-hosted
    community servers sponsored by Canonical offline Aug. 6 after discovering
    that the servers had been hijacked and were attacking other machines."
    http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Security/Ub...Launch-Attack/

    The editor of Linux Format magazine just revealed one of their Linux servers
    was cracked/rootkitted.

    "The vast majority of the threats we saw were rootkitted Linux boxes..."
    http://www.infoworld.com/article/07/...g-Linux_1.html

    www.linuxsecurity.com (reporting thousands of Linux security vulnerabilities
    each year).

    > Ubuntu bested both Microsoft Vista and Apple OSX in pwn to own
    > hacking contest:

    > http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/03...left_standing/

    What, you're uninformed and didn't know the exploit affected Linux but he
    chose Vista because he knew it better?

    "Under contest rules, Macaulay and Miller aren't allowed to divulge specific
    details about their bugs until they are patched, but Macaulay said the flaw
    that he exploited was a cross-platform bug that took advantage of Java to
    circumvent Vista's security.

    "The flaw is in something else, but the inherent nature of Java allowed us
    to get around the protections that Microsoft had in place," he said in an
    interview shortly after he claimed his prize Friday. "This could affect
    Linux or Mac OS X."

    Macaulay said he chose to work on Vista because he had done contract work
    for Microsoft in the past and was more familiar with its products.

    http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2008/...rss-linux-news

    > Linux rules and Windows drools.

    Signed,
    Windows User By Day
    Faux "Advocate" By Night

  18. Re: With Linux you can get 11 minutes of uptime! Take that Microsoft!

    On Mon, 26 May 2008 13:57:11 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >
    >> No, it is on topic because Microsoft is the luser (yes, I said
    >> luser).

    > We heard you the first time.
    >
    > The fact is, you don't care much at all about Linux/OSS. You use Windows
    > and MS products all day at work, but pretend to "advocate" Linux at night.
    > What's the point?

    HPT like Mark Kent, Roy Schesotwitz and other so called Linux advocates are
    nothing but hypocrites.

    They use Windows by day to earn a living and then trash it by night in
    favor of Linux.

    And if that wasn't bad enough, they expect others to dump Windows in faovr
    of Linux.

    They need to practice what they preach.

    >> Linux is much, much, more stable

    > Linux is totally, totally unstable outside of the server room. While the
    > kernel doesn't crash much, app crashes and full system lockups due to
    > wayward (cr)apps and drivers are extremely common in the desktop world.

    BasementWare = Linux

    > 86 pages of discussion about Feisty 7.04 freezing up
    >
    > 65 pages of discussion about Gutsy 7.10 freezing up
    > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...ghlight=freeze
    >
    > 12 pages of discussion about Hardy 8.04 freezing up
    > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...ghlight=freeze
    >
    > The bull**** problems seen in Linux are just hilarious sometimes. Here's
    > two funny cases:
    >
    > 1) Linux freezes *when* USB device plugged in: #1 at
    > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...ht=USB+freezes
    >
    > 2) Linux freezes *unless* USB device plugged in: #7 at
    > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...hlight=freezes
    >
    > This kind of stuff happens with less-talented developers who have no
    > incentive to produce good code in the first place, and which code is then
    > not very well tested because of the tiny user base. The "many eyes" is just
    > a lie.

    And yet the Linux loons in COLA deny that Linux has problems and claim
    Linux just *works*.

    >> and secure than Microsoft.

    > Tell it to these guys:
    >
    > "The Ubuntu community had to yank five of the eight Ubuntu-hosted
    > community servers sponsored by Canonical offline Aug. 6 after discovering
    > that the servers had been hijacked and were attacking other machines."
    > http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Security/Ub...Launch-Attack/
    >
    > The editor of Linux Format magazine just revealed one of their Linux servers
    > was cracked/rootkitted.
    >
    > "The vast majority of the threats we saw were rootkitted Linux boxes..."
    > http://www.infoworld.com/article/07/...g-Linux_1.html
    >
    > www.linuxsecurity.com (reporting thousands of Linux security vulnerabilities
    > each year).

    Add Roy Schestowitz's hacked Linux server to the list.

    >> Ubuntu bested both Microsoft Vista and Apple OSX in pwn to own
    >> hacking contest:

    >> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/03...left_standing/

    > What, you're uninformed and didn't know the exploit affected Linux but he
    > chose Vista because he knew it better?
    >
    > "Under contest rules, Macaulay and Miller aren't allowed to divulge specific
    > details about their bugs until they are patched, but Macaulay said the flaw
    > that he exploited was a cross-platform bug that took advantage of Java to
    > circumvent Vista's security.
    >
    > "The flaw is in something else, but the inherent nature of Java allowed us
    > to get around the protections that Microsoft had in place," he said in an
    > interview shortly after he claimed his prize Friday. "This could affect
    > Linux or Mac OS X."
    >
    > Macaulay said he chose to work on Vista because he had done contract work
    > for Microsoft in the past and was more familiar with its products.
    >
    > http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2008/...rss-linux-news

    The Linux loons can't handle facts.
    It confuses them.

    >> Linux rules and Windows drools.

    > Signed,
    > Windows User By Day
    > Faux "Advocate" By Night

    Hypocrites, the entire bunch of COLA Linux loons.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  19. Re: With Linux you can get 11 years of uptime! Take that DFS!

    DFS wrote:
    > High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >
    >> No, it is on topic because Microsoft is the luser (yes, I
    >> said luser).

    > We heard you the first time.

    By the way DFS posts, one would think that troll illiteracy was high.

    > The fact is

    DFS

    > don't care much at all about Linux/OSS.

    DFS

    > use Windows and MS products all day at work, but pretend to
    > "advocate" Linux at night. What's the point?

    From DFS? Pointless as ever. Hey, did he ever read the purpose
    of this newsgroup?

    1.4 The Charter of comp.os.linux.advocacy

    The charter of comp.os.linux.advocacy is:

    For discussion of the benefits of Linux compared to other
    operating systems.

    That single sentence is the one and only charter of the
    newsgroup comp.os.linux.advocacy. The newsgroup's charter is for
    the newsgroup as a place for supporters of Linux to gather to
    discuss Linux, for the betterment of the Linux community and the
    promotion and development of Linux. It supports this as a place
    for those who would like to learn more about Linux to come to
    learn from those who know Linux. It does not call for it to be a
    place where the anti-Linux propagandists to gather in order to
    discredit Linux.
    Yep, confirmed, troll illiteracy is high.

    rest of out-of-context troll gob****e into the Linux trash bin.

    >> and secure than Microsoft.

    > Tell it to these guys:
    >
    > "The Ubuntu community had to yank five of the eight
    > Ubuntu-hosted community servers sponsored by Canonical offline
    > Aug. 6 after discovering that the servers had been hijacked
    > and were attacking other machines."

    Oh, yeah. That was the American site being managed by a
    contractor, right? Hey, good help is hard to find these days,
    just what happens when one hires a bunch of Windows script
    kiddies to do a man's job.

    California work ethic: "Hey man, I did the work, now if you want
    me to do it right, you have to pay extra."

    >> Ubuntu bested both Microsoft Vista and Apple OSX in pwn to
    >> own hacking contest:

    >> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/03...left_standing/

    > What, you're uninformed and didn't know the exploit affected
    > Linux but he chose Vista because he knew it better?

    Read the article, ass hat.

    >> Linux rules and Windows drools.

    > Signed,

    DFS

    > Windows User By Day Faux "Advocate" By Night

    --
    HPT

  20. Re: With Linux you can get 11 years of uptime! Take that PhlatPhish!

    Moshe, Goldfarb. wrote:
    > DFS wrote:
    >
    >> High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >>
    >>> No, it is on topic because Microsoft is the luser (yes, I
    >>> said luser).

    >> We heard you the first time.
    >>
    >> The fact is, you don't care much at all about Linux/OSS.
    >> You use Windows and MS products all day at work, but pretend
    >> to "advocate" Linux at night. What's the point?

    > HPT like Mark Kent, Roy Schesotwitz and other so called Linux
    > advocates are nothing but hypocrites.
    >
    > They use Windows by day to earn a living and then trash it by
    > night in favor of Linux.
    >
    > And if that wasn't bad enough, they expect others to dump
    > Windows in faovr of Linux.

    Moshe AKA PhlatPhish

    > need to practice what

    he

    > preach[es].

    A real whiner, Linux this and Linux that and Linux this & that
    and COLA advocate this and COLA advocate that and COLA advocate
    this & that - really monotonous, totally off-topic.

    1.4 The Charter of comp.os.linux.advocacy

    The charter of comp.os.linux.advocacy is:

    For discussion of the benefits of Linux compared to other
    operating systems.

    That single sentence is the one and only charter of the
    newsgroup comp.os.linux.advocacy. The newsgroup's charter is for
    the newsgroup as a place for supporters of Linux to gather to
    discuss Linux, for the betterment of the Linux community and the
    promotion and development of Linux. It supports this as a place
    for those who would like to learn more about Linux to come to
    learn from those who know Linux. It does not call for it to be a
    place where the anti-Linux propagandists to gather in order to
    discredit Linux.
    New poster to comp.os.linux.advocacy tells profound truth about
    Moshe AKA Flatfish:

    http://tinyurl.com/6m6a8c

    Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy, alt.os.linux.ubuntu

    Subject: Re: [News] Red Hat Developer's Update on PulseAudio,
    Fedora Live CDs Interview

    Date: 11 Apr 2008 18:53:55 GMT

    > Dan, you're probably a nice guy, but we get a ton of "works
    > for me" crap in COLA and most times it's just people telling
    > lies.

    Well sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not in COLA. I'm reading
    these posts in the Ubuntu group. The only reason they are going
    to COLA is because whomever started the thread had it crossposted
    there...and to Vista groups, which I removed because this has
    nothing to do with Vista.

    I'm NOT a Linux pusher, I still use Windows most of the time
    since I'd just installed Linux a few weeks ago, maybe a month+
    ago, and still checking out apps and learning Linux. There are
    things I like and things I don't like.

    Believe what you want to believe. It's painfully obvious that you
    are completely anti-Linux, just like some are completely anti-MS,
    and have such strong preconceived beliefs that it doesn't really
    matter what anyone says about any particular Linux item,
    everyone's a liar, and nothing works out-of-the-box.

    > The Linux loons can't handle facts. It confuses them.

    FUD, FUD, FUD. Reminds me of a '70s song:

    FUD
    What is it good for
    Absolutely nothing

    FUD
    What is it good for
    Absolutely nothing

    >>> Linux rules and Windows drools.

    >> Signed, Windows User

    DFS

    >> By Day

    Facsimile

    >> "Advocate" By Night

    > Hypocrites, the entire bunch of COLA Linux loons.

    Weak, tired and totally anti-Linux:

    7.6 Trespasser Disinformation Tactics

    [3.] Put your opponent off guard by insulting him. The liberal
    use of profanity and vulgarisms can be very effective,
    particularly when used against you more dignified opponents.
    Your experience as a school yard bully can be handy here.
    --
    HPT
    Quando omni flunkus moritati

+ Reply to Thread