With Linux you can get 11 minutes of uptime! Take that Microsoft! - Linux

This is a discussion on With Linux you can get 11 minutes of uptime! Take that Microsoft! - Linux ; >> Why? >> Why? >> Why? ....hasn't everyone plonked this POS?...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 51 of 51

  1. Re: With Linux you can get 11 minutes of uptime! Take that Microsoft!

    >> Why?
    >> Why?
    >> Why?

    ....hasn't everyone plonked this POS?

  2. Re: With Linux you can get 11 years of uptime! Take that DFS!

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  3. Re: With Linux you can get 11 years of uptime! Take that DFS!

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  4. Re: With Linux you can get 11 minutes of uptime! Take that Microsoft!

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, chrisv

    wrote
    on Tue, 27 May 2008 14:41:07 -0500
    :

    [some attributes lost; this is DFS]

    >>> Why?
    >>> Why?
    >>> Why?

    > ...hasn't everyone plonked this POS?

    Could use more context, but he does sound like he's trying
    to emulate a 2 year old here... ;-)

    Q: Whatcha doing Mommy?
    A: I'm using Linux.

    Q: Why?
    A: Because that's what I use.

    Q: Why?
    A: Well, I need something to talk with my computer, and Linux is the best
    solution.

    Q: Why?
    A: (exasperated) Because I said so. Go bother your sister!

    :-)

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Useless C++ Programming Idea #7878218:
    class C { private: virtual void stupid() = 0; };

  5. Re: With Linux you can get 11 minutes of uptime! Take that Microsoft!

    On 2008-05-27, chrisv claimed:
    >>> Why?
    >>> Why?
    >>> Why?

    > ...hasn't everyone plonked this POS?

    I just put a test filter on DuFuS references. It would have taken yours
    out, too. Not all. Just the one I'm replying to, and any others
    wondering why the ****-for-brains isn't completely killfiled that you
    post. Let's see if it screw up others or just doofie.

    --
    Windows: Because you have too much free time.

  6. Re: With Linux you can get 11 minutes of uptime! Take that Microsoft!

    JEDIDIAH wrote:

    >> 86 pages of discussion about Feisty 7.04 freezing up

    > ...which is not a problem in a well controlled system.

    huh? What kind of bogus excuse are you trying to make?

    > This could be a production server, a POS system or a Macintosh.

    It's all kind of systems.

    > Take the bug database from every Windows vendor and combine that.
    >
    > Make it public.
    >
    > That will be comparable to the Ubuntu bug tracker.

    First divide it by 300 to account for the miniscule Ubuntu user base versus
    Windows. Then divide that result by 4 to account for the much smaller
    number of Linux apps. Then divide that number by 4 to account for the much
    smaller hardware universe supported by Linux.

  7. Re: With Linux you can get 11 minutes of uptime! Take that Microsoft!

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, DFS

    wrote
    on Tue, 27 May 2008 21:21:44 -0400
    :

    >>> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=412125

    >> ...which is not a problem in a well controlled system.

    > huh? What kind of bogus excuse are you trying to make?

    A bogus one, of course. You'll have to be more specific
    if you want a more specific answer. ;-)

    Not that this solves the user's problem, whatever it is.
    But then this is an advocacy group, not a technical fixit forum.

    >> This could be a production server, a POS system or a Macintosh.

    > It's all kind of systems.

    I've never seen a Ubuntu freezeup, though admittedly part
    of that is that I've simply not used Feisty 7.04.

    I *have* seen freezeups of Gentoo, on my Kayak -- and
    before you say something like "See! SEEEEEE! Linux HAS
    MAJOR PROBLEMS; DON'T USE IT!!! GO BACK TO VISTA, WHICH
    IS KNOWN TO WORK!!!!!!!!111!!1!1!!!!1!"
    I suspect that the Kayak has hardware issues.

    Not that I can easily prove it, admittedly. I lack the
    diagnostic tools.

    >> Take the bug database from every Windows vendor and combine that.
    >>
    >> Make it public.
    >>
    >> That will be comparable to the Ubuntu bug tracker.

    > First divide it by 300 to account for the miniscule Ubuntu user base versus
    > Windows. Then divide that result by 4 to account for the much smaller
    > number of Linux apps. Then divide that number by 4 to account for the much
    > smaller hardware universe supported by Linux.

    And voila! The number of Ubuntu bugs is *much much HIGHER* than
    the number of Windows bugs.

    Must be the new math.

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Useless C/C++ Programming Idea #11823822:
    signal(SIGKILL, catchkill);

  8. Re: With Linux you can get 11 minutes of uptime! Take that Microsoft!

    William Poaster wrote:

    > The Flatfish troll made a stupid blanket statement too. I haven't used
    > Windoze for *years*, & I certainly don't earn a living off it.

    But you did your entire work life.

    > It's all the wintrolls do, whine & moan.

    And refute lies by cola lunatics.

  9. Re: With Linux you can get 11 years of uptime! Take that PhlatPhish!

    On 2008-05-26, Linux wrote:
    > high_pain_humper wrote:
    >> Moshe Goldfarb (flatfish) in real life Gary Stewart
    >>
    >> http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2008/...arb-troll.html
    >> http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2007/...ish-troll.html
    >>
    >> Traits:
    >>
    >> * Nym shifting (see below)
    >> * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    >> * Homophobic
    >> * Racist
    >> * Habitual liar
    >> * Frequently cross posts replies to other non-Linux related newsgroups
    >> * Frequently cross posts articles originally not posted to COLA

    > And somehow you are better? Why you're no more than a low-life snake
    > yourself.

    Please try not to feed the trolls. I don't see these messages normally,
    unless others fully quote them.

    --
    Regards,

    Gregory.
    Gentoo Linux - Penguin Power

  10. Re: Don Zeigler loves little boys and supports NAMBLA

    On Mon, 26 May 2008 07:57:32 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:

    > "Tattoo Vampire" wrote in message
    >> Rick wrote:
    >>
    >>> ... title change says it all.

    >> ... title change says it all. :-)

    > It sure does.

    Tattoo Vampire, aka "Lilly" seems to be a strange cat.
    Too much Linux.
    Too little oxygen.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  11. Re: Don Zeigler loves little boys and supports NAMBLA