[News] The RAND Scam Against Free Software, for Monopolies - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] The RAND Scam Against Free Software, for Monopolies - Linux ; Tim Smith wrote: > High Plains Thumper wrote: >> Mark Kent wrote: Case in point: [Restored Smith deep snippage] >>> Which rather sums up why I keep Timmy in the killfile. >> >> Timmy is a long term troll. Just ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 40 of 40

  1. Re: Nym shifting is not for the easily confused

    Tim Smith wrote:
    > High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >> Mark Kent wrote:

    Case in point:

    [Restored Smith deep snippage]
    >>> Which rather sums up why I keep Timmy in the killfile.

    >> Timmy is a long term troll. Just like the Devil, the only
    >> thing Timmy has going for him is experience. He has a way
    >> of doing his deep, selective snippages to remove context,
    >> then bringing a favourite past insignificant non-issue to
    >> light to support his fellow trolls. His favourite is
    >> arguing why the current charter is not the charter.
    >>
    >> Most of the time he is a total waste of time to reply to. I
    >> rarely reply to him, but sometimes he brings up my nym
    >> (usually in a less than sincere manner), which I feel a
    >> reply is owed to.

    [/Restored Smith deep snippage]

    > Hey, High Plains Thumper...looks like you got your
    > configurations mixed up between your nyms. You've been
    > posting for the last couple of days as "High Plains Thumper",
    > but using the cnntp.org server that used to be just for your
    > nyms.

    This is an example of Timmy's idiocy.

    http://www.cnntp.org/cnntp?mode=policy&lang=GB

    What's the policy for using cnntp news service:

    * No spam in any newsgroups
    * No flames
    * No hacking
    * No articles in non-technical standard
    * No Binaries in text groups

    Beware:

    * At first we send you a warning.
    * At second we block your account.
    * At third we remove your account.
    Guess what, I am still posting. So .... this troll's accusations are
    evidence of:

    http://tinyurl.com/4obfht

    7.6 Trespasser Disinformation Tactics

    [6.] When your tactics are turned on you, call your opponents trolls. Do
    not accept the fact that by calling someone using your tactics a troll
    that makes you the real troll.

    17. Don't substantiate your claims. Refuse to present evidence to
    support your invalid claims. Repeat your invalid claims and have your
    anti-Linux propagandist comrades do the same. Do the same for any invalid
    claims that you have notice your anti-Linux propagandists comrades make.

    45. Criticize Linux Advocates but ignore anti-Linux propagandist
    transgressions. Always criticize the behavior of Linux Advocates, but
    ignore the same and even worse transgressions are being committed by your
    fellow Trespassers.
    Linux bests Apple OSX:

    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/03...left_standing/

    Published Saturday 29th March 2008 21:27 GMT

    CanSecWest A laptop running a fully patched version of Microsoft's Vista
    operating system was the second and final machine to fall in a hacking
    contest that pitted the security of Windows, OS X and Ubuntu Linux. With
    both a Windows and Mac machine felled, only the Linux box remained
    standing following the three-day competition.
    --
    HPT

  2. Re: Nym shifting is not for the easily confused

    On Sat, 07 Jun 2008 16:54:18 -0700, Tim Smith wrote:

    > Hey, High Plains Thumper...looks like you got your configurations mixed
    > up between your nyms. You've been posting for the last couple of days
    > as "High Plains Thumper", but using the cnntp.org server that used to be
    > just for your nyms.

    I was waiting for someone to catch that.......
    Additionally I was waiting for HPT to use his normal server for one of his
    nyms, but it hasn't happened.

    Anyhow, he's been busted.
    Again.....

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: Nym shifting is not for the easily confused

    High Plains Thumper wrote:

    I had high regards for you thinking you had a fair and sound mind, but I
    see you're just another Linux lunatic. You're shameful. Are you in IT or
    are you just another brainwashed home user?

  4. Re: Troll Alert - Timmy's Nyms Come to Defence

    Linux wrote:
    > High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >> Tim Smith wrote:

    >> Case in point:
    >>
    >> [Restored Smith deep snippage]

    >> [/Restored Smith deep snippage]
    >>
    >>> Hey, High Plains Thumper...looks like you got your
    >>> configurations mixed up between your nyms. You've been
    >>> posting for the last couple of days as "High Plains Thumper",
    >>> but using the cnntp.org server that used to be just for your
    >>> nyms.

    >> This is an example of Timmy's idiocy.
    >>
    >> http://www.cnntp.org/cnntp?mode=policy&lang=GB
    >>

    >> What's the policy for using cnntp news service:
    >>
    >> * No spam in any newsgroups
    >> * No flames
    >> * No hacking
    >> * No articles in non-technical standard
    >> * No Binaries in text groups
    >>
    >> Beware:
    >>
    >> * At first we send you a warning.
    >> * At second we block your account.
    >> * At third we remove your account.
    >>

    >> Guess what, I am still posting. So .... this troll's accusations are
    >> evidence of:
    >>
    >> http://www.faqs.org/faqs/linux/advocacy/faq-and-primer/
    >> http://tinyurl.com/4obfht

    7.6 Trespasser Disinformation Tactics

    >> [6.] When your tactics are turned on you, call your opponents trolls. Do
    >> not accept the fact that by calling someone using your tactics a troll
    >> that makes you the real troll.
    >>
    >> 17. Don't substantiate your claims. Refuse to present evidence to
    >> support your invalid claims. Repeat your invalid claims and have your
    >> anti-Linux propagandist comrades do the same. Do the same for any invalid
    >> claims that you have notice your anti-Linux propagandists comrades make.
    >>
    >> 45. Criticize Linux Advocates but ignore anti-Linux propagandist
    >> transgressions. Always criticize the behavior of Linux Advocates, but
    >> ignore the same and even worse transgressions are being committed by your
    >> fellow Trespassers.
    >>
    >> Linux bests Apple OSX:
    >>
    >> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/03...left_standing/
    >>

    >> Published Saturday 29th March 2008 21:27 GMT
    >>
    >> CanSecWest A laptop running a fully patched version of Microsoft's Vista
    >> operating system was the second and final machine to fall in a hacking
    >> contest that pitted the security of Windows, OS X and Ubuntu Linux. With
    >> both a Windows and Mac machine felled, only the Linux box remained
    >> standing following the three-day competition.
    >>

    > [ignored]
    >
    > I had high regards for you thinking you had a fair and sound mind, but I
    > see you're just another Linux lunatic. You're shameful. Are you in IT or
    > are you just another brainwashed home user?

    Frankly, I could care less what this idiot troll puppet using the
    GigaNews troll haven says posting from Extended Stay Hotels, Inc.
    through MCI Communications has to say. Anything else to
    contribute, Douglas?

    Nothing to see, move along ....

    --
    HPT

  5. Re: Troll Alert - Timmy's Nyms Come to Defence

    High Plains Thumper wrote:

    >> I had high regards for you thinking you had a fair and sound mind, but
    >> I see you're just another Linux lunatic. You're shameful. Are you in
    >> IT or are you just another brainwashed home user?

    > Frankly, I could care less what this idiot troll puppet using the
    > GigaNews troll haven says posting from Extended Stay Hotels, Inc.
    > through MCI Communications has to say. Anything else to contribute,
    > Douglas?
    >
    > Nothing to see, move along ....

    LOL old Thumpy, it must mean something Thumpy or you wouldn't have
    responded. Where am I posting from now Thumpy Sherlock?

  6. Re: Nym shifting is not for the easily confused

    In article ,
    High Plains Thumper wrote:
    > > Hey, High Plains Thumper...looks like you got your
    > > configurations mixed up between your nyms. You've been
    > > posting for the last couple of days as "High Plains Thumper",
    > > but using the cnntp.org server that used to be just for your
    > > nyms.

    > This is an example of Timmy's idiocy.
    >
    > http://www.cnntp.org/cnntp?mode=policy&lang=GB
    >

    > What's the policy for using cnntp news service:
    >
    > * No spam in any newsgroups
    > * No flames
    > * No hacking
    > * No articles in non-technical standard
    > * No Binaries in text groups
    >
    > Beware:
    >
    > * At first we send you a warning.
    > * At second we block your account.
    > * At third we remove your account.
    >

    > Guess what, I am still posting. So .... this troll's accusations are
    > evidence of:

    Since I didn't accuse you of spamming, flaming, hacking, or anything
    else that violates cnntp's policy, your still posting through them is
    evidence of what exactly?

    None of what you listed there as anything whatsoever to do with your nym
    shifting, and your ineptitude at it.

    --
    --Tim Smith

  7. Re: Troll Alert - Timmy's Nyms Come to Defence

    On Sat, 07 Jun 2008 21:39:14 -0400, Linux wrote:

    > High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >

    >>> I had high regards for you thinking you had a fair and sound mind, but
    >>> I see you're just another Linux lunatic. You're shameful. Are you in
    >>> IT or are you just another brainwashed home user?

    >> Frankly, I could care less what this idiot troll puppet using the
    >> GigaNews troll haven says posting from Extended Stay Hotels, Inc.
    >> through MCI Communications has to say. Anything else to contribute,
    >> Douglas?
    >>
    >> Nothing to see, move along ....
    >>

    > LOL old Thumpy, it must mean something Thumpy or you wouldn't have
    > responded. Where am I posting from now Thumpy Sherlock?

    Poor High Plains Thumper.
    He gets caught all the time trolling and then he goes on some rant and
    rave.

    One would think he would be used to getting caught by now.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  8. Re: Nym shifting is not for the easily confused

    On Sat, 07 Jun 2008 18:58:16 -0700, Tim Smith wrote:

    > In article ,
    > High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >>> Hey, High Plains Thumper...looks like you got your
    >>> configurations mixed up between your nyms. You've been
    >>> posting for the last couple of days as "High Plains Thumper",
    >>> but using the cnntp.org server that used to be just for your
    >>> nyms.

    >> This is an example of Timmy's idiocy.
    >>
    >> http://www.cnntp.org/cnntp?mode=policy&lang=GB
    >>

    >> What's the policy for using cnntp news service:
    >>
    >> * No spam in any newsgroups
    >> * No flames
    >> * No hacking
    >> * No articles in non-technical standard
    >> * No Binaries in text groups
    >>
    >> Beware:
    >>
    >> * At first we send you a warning.
    >> * At second we block your account.
    >> * At third we remove your account.
    >>

    >> Guess what, I am still posting. So .... this troll's accusations are
    >> evidence of:

    > Since I didn't accuse you of spamming, flaming, hacking, or anything
    > else that violates cnntp's policy, your still posting through them is
    > evidence of what exactly?
    >
    > None of what you listed there as anything whatsoever to do with your nym
    > shifting, and your ineptitude at it.

    When HPT gets cornered he goes off a wee bit.
    He really should stop nym shifting because he is just not very good at it.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  9. Re: Troll Alert - Timmy's Nyms Come to Defence

    Tim Smith wrote:
    > High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >> Tim Smith wrote:

    >> Case in point:
    >>
    >> [Restored Smith deep snippage]

    >> [/Restored Smith deep snippage]
    >>
    >>> Hey, High Plains Thumper...looks like you got your
    >>> configurations mixed up between your nyms. You've been
    >>> posting for the last couple of days as "High Plains
    >>> Thumper", but using the cnntp.org server that used to be
    >>> just for your nyms.

    >> This is an example of Timmy's idiocy.
    >>
    >> http://www.cnntp.org/cnntp?mode=policy&lang=GB

    What's the policy for using cnntp news service:

    >> * No spam in any newsgroups
    >> * No flames
    >> * No hacking
    >> * No articles in non-technical standard
    >> * No Binaries in text groups
    >>
    >> Beware:
    >>
    >> * At first we send you a warning.
    >> * At second we block your account.
    >> * At third we remove your account.
    >>

    >> Guess what, I am still posting. So .... this troll's
    >> accusations are evidence of:

    > Since I didn't accuse you of spamming, flaming, hacking, or
    > anything else that violates cnntp's policy, your still posting
    > through them is evidence of what exactly?
    >
    > None of what you listed there as anything whatsoever to do
    > with your nym shifting, and your ineptitude at it.

    Again, this is evidence of distorted tangential posting to remove my
    original intent, which was I am still standing .... so, I received no
    warning nor termination of account.

    Notice the accusation of reading into my post beyond what I intended,
    accusation of nymshifting and insulting remark following? It supports
    my earlier statement that Mr. Smith has only one thing going for him,
    *experience*.

    He is a liar from the get-go.

    >> http://www.faqs.org/faqs/linux/advocacy/faq-and-primer/
    >> http://tinyurl.com/4obfht

    7.6 Trespasser Disinformation Tactics

    >> [6.] When your tactics are turned on you, call your
    >> opponents trolls. Do not accept the fact that by calling
    >> someone using your tactics a troll that makes you the real
    >> troll.
    >>
    >> 17. Don't substantiate your claims. Refuse to present
    >> evidence to support your invalid claims. Repeat your invalid
    >> claims and have your anti-Linux propagandist comrades do the
    >> same. Do the same for any invalid claims that you have
    >> notice your anti-Linux propagandists comrades make.
    >>
    >> 45. Criticize Linux Advocates but ignore anti-Linux
    >> propagandist transgressions. Always criticize the behavior
    >> of Linux Advocates, but ignore the same and even worse
    >> transgressions are being committed by your fellow
    >> Trespassers.
    >>
    >> Linux bests Apple OSX:
    >>
    >> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/03...left_standing/

    Published Saturday 29th March 2008 21:27 GMT

    >> CanSecWest A laptop running a fully patched version of
    >> Microsoft's Vista operating system was the second and final
    >> machine to fall in a hacking contest that pitted the
    >> security of Windows, OS X and Ubuntu Linux. With both a
    >> Windows and Mac machine felled, only the Linux box remained
    >> standing following the three-day competition.

    --
    HPT

  10. Re: [News] The RAND Scam Against Free Software, for Monopolies

    High Plains Thumper espoused:
    > Homer wrote:
    >> High Plains Thumper spake thusly:
    >>
    >>> Timmy is a long term troll. Just like the Devil, the only thing Timmy
    >>> has going for him is experience.

    >> Well he has plenty of experience talking ****e, certainly.

    > Unfortunately that is about all he talks about.

    He was certainly talking sh1te about GPL and RAND.

  11. Re: [News] The RAND Scam Against Free Software, for Monopolies

    Homer espoused:
    > Verily I say unto thee, that bbgruff spake thusly:
    >
    >> GPL *must* be RAND. RAND may or may not be compatible with GPL - and
    >> hence people's concern, in that RAND sounds good, but often doesn't
    >> cut it as far as GPL is concerned.

    > IOW Smith just blew off a lot of hot air for nothing.
    >
    > It's like watching a headless chicken make a break for it.

    My first read of that sentence was "It's like watching a headless
    chicken making a beak for it" :-))

  12. Re: [News] The RAND Scam Against Free Software, for Monopolies

    Homer espoused:
    > Verily I say unto thee, that Linonut spake thusly:
    >> * Tim Smith peremptorily fired off this memo:

    >>> Nearly every free software license meets the conditions of RAND,
    >>> and is therefore a RAND license. Whether a given RAND license is
    >>> compatible with free software or not depends on the particular
    >>> license the owner of that thing chooses to use.

    >> Exactly.

    > RAND is an indefinite term that may infringe other conditions depending
    > on the definite terms stipulated, as clearly demonstrated by the recent
    > exposure of Moonlight on Groklaw. Of course Smith /knew/ this before he
    > started his little FUD injection, by presenting RAND as some innocuous;
    > generic term that doesn't differ between one licensor and the next, and
    > then comparing MS's monopolistic conditions to the GPL for vindication.
    >
    > IOW, he's trying to manipulate us into believing that because Destroying
    > Angels and Golden Chanterelles are both mushrooms, then the former can't
    > be deadly poisonous.

    I've never claimed that RAND was a licence, this is another Timmy
    injection of falsehood, and again, precisely why I have him kfiled.

  13. Re: Nym shifting is not for the easily confused

    On Sun, 8 Jun 2008 00:34:18 +0000 (UTC), High Plains Thumper wrote:

    Listen George,

    Stop trying to deflect the heat. You were caught nymshifting. Not the
    first time either, I might add Mr. Rafael.

    Why do you bother?

  14. Re: Nym shifting is not for the easily confused

    "Erik Funkenbusch" wrote in message
    > On Sun, 8 Jun 2008 00:34:18 +0000 (UTC), High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >
    > Listen George,
    >
    > Stop trying to deflect the heat. You were caught nymshifting. Not the
    > first time either, I might add Mr. Rafael.
    >
    > Why do you bother?

    George/Rafael/High-plains-nymshifter is an idiot who nym-shifts so often
    that he can't even keep all of his various nyms straight.

    When he gets caught (which is quite often) he tries to hide behind some
    pathetic COLA FAQ from the 1990's.

  15. Re: The RAND Scam Against Free Software, for Monopolies

    Mark Kent wrote:
    > High Plains Thumper espoused:
    >> Homer wrote:
    >>> High Plains Thumper spake thusly:

    >>> Well he has plenty of experience talking ****e, certainly.

    >> Unfortunately that is about all he talks about.

    > He was certainly talking sh1te about GPL and RAND.

    Well, let's just say that if he were a consultant he'd go hungry.

    --
    HPT

  16. Re: Nym shifting is not for the easily confused

    Erik Funkenbusch wrote:

    >On Sun, 8 Jun 2008 00:34:18 +0000 (UTC), High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >
    >Listen George,
    >
    >Stop trying to deflect the heat. You were caught nymshifting. Not the
    >first time either, I might add Mr. Rafael.
    >
    >Why do you bother?

    "Bother" with what, Funkentroll? Does he deny that he changes nyms on
    occasion?

  17. Re: The RAND Scam Against Free Software, for Monopolies

    High Plains Thumper espoused:
    > Mark Kent wrote:
    >> High Plains Thumper espoused:

    >>> Unfortunately that is about all he talks about.

    >> He was certainly talking sh1te about GPL and RAND.

    > Well, let's just say that if he were a consultant he'd go hungry.

    hehe :-))

  18. Re: Nym shifting is not for the easily confused

    On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 07:29:46 -0500, chrisv wrote:

    > Erik Funkenbusch wrote:
    >
    >>On Sun, 8 Jun 2008 00:34:18 +0000 (UTC), High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >>
    >>Listen George,
    >>
    >>Stop trying to deflect the heat. You were caught nymshifting. Not the
    >>first time either, I might add Mr. Rafael.
    >>
    >>Why do you bother?

    > "Bother" with what, Funkentroll? Does he deny that he changes nyms on
    > occasion?

    No, nor does he admit it. Changing nyms is, by itself, not an indicator,
    so long as one does not attempt to decieve others about who you are. HPT
    clearly was attempting to decieve. It doesn't surprise me that you would
    defend deception though. Good job.

  19. Re: Nym shifting is not for the easily confused

    Erik Funkenbusch wrote:
    > chrisv wrote:
    >> Erik Funkenbusch wrote:
    >>
    >>> Stop trying to deflect the heat. You were caught nymshifting. Not the
    >>> first time either, I might add Mr. Rafael.
    >>>
    >>> Why do you bother?

    >> "Bother" with what, Funkentroll? Does he deny that he changes nyms on
    >> occasion?

    > No, nor does he admit it. Changing nyms is, by itself, not an indicator,
    > so long as one does not attempt to decieve others about who you are. HPT
    > clearly was attempting to decieve. It doesn't surprise me that you would
    > defend deception though. Good job.

    Liar.

    http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2007/...sch-troll.html

    --
    HPT

  20. Re: Nym shifting is not for the easily confused

    On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 07:18:24 -0600, High Plains Thumper wrote:

    > Erik Funkenbusch wrote:
    >> chrisv wrote:

    >>> "Bother" with what, Funkentroll? Does he deny that he changes nyms on
    >>> occasion?

    >> No, nor does he admit it. Changing nyms is, by itself, not an indicator,
    >> so long as one does not attempt to decieve others about who you are. HPT
    >> clearly was attempting to decieve. It doesn't surprise me that you would
    >> defend deception though. Good job.

    > Liar.
    >
    > http://colatrolls.blogspgot.com/2007...sch-troll.html

    You sound like a broken record HPT.