Re: Linux and Why Nobody Seems To Care......... - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: Linux and Why Nobody Seems To Care......... - Linux ; "Moshe. Goldfarb" wrote in message news:1jjsl67rniymr$.d1hhjl07keuj$.dlg@40tude.net.. . > " All of this and more are reasons enough to ignore Linux. Linux users are > never quite sure which one is the best distribution around. They have > debates in their ...

  1. Re: Linux and Why Nobody Seems To Care.........

    "Moshe. Goldfarb" wrote in message
    news:1jjsl67rniymr$.d1hhjl07keuj$.dlg@40tude.net.. .
    > " All of this and more are reasons enough to ignore Linux. Linux users are
    > never quite sure which one is the best distribution around. They have
    > debates in their own community with twenty different users vouching for
    > twenty different variations.

    And how is this different with Unix oh I mean OS X which is a Unix
    distribution. So I guess that Mac users are saying the OS X(Darwin)
    distribution of Unix is better than BSD or Solaris. The person who made the
    satements above lacks knowledge of what Linux, Unix and OS X are. How does
    an cluless person like this get a job writing articles. Oh wait let's take a
    loot at the Author's bio and laugh.

    "
    Aayush Arya's Profile
    At the tender age of nineteen, Aayush Arya is the youngest and newest kid on
    the block. After having used Windows for about five years and trying several
    Linux distros, he finally bought a 17-inch MacBook Pro a year and a half ago
    and has now become a convert. Known as the "tech genius" among his family
    and friends, he's always had a passion for technology, and particularly
    software. He is currently enrolled in a bachelor course in his country,
    India, and hopes to successfully graduate one day."

    Focus on, and laugh loudly at the part where it says, "Known as the
    "tech genius" among his family and friends". Now laugh harder at where it
    says he's 19. Now think about this what credible news or trade magazine
    would hire a 19 year old kid to write main articles? This kid doesn't know
    that OS X is a Unix distro. And he's lambasting Linux users for debating
    what distro is better. I tell you what I think, this is a web site, there
    are many many web sites. The good thing about this is anyone can have a web
    page, the bad thing about it is that anyone can have a web page. This poorly
    written article is indicative of the drivel we get on the Internet these
    days. Anyone who can hire web designer or design themselves can fool silly
    users into thinking they have some great knowledge of the subject matter.
    Well here, this web stite "Apple Matters" is letting kids write articles who
    haven't used computers more than ten years, write articles.

    I give the kid some credit, he got at least one other clueless person
    to parrot his clueless rantings about computers.

    To be a journalist, a real journalist, one must do research and have
    some training or you won't be a very good journalist.

    John

  2. Re: Linux and Why Nobody Seems To Care.........

    "John Slade" stated in post
    BkZZj.448$Ri.250@flpi146.ffdc.sbc.com on 5/24/08 11:43 AM:

    > "Moshe. Goldfarb" wrote in message
    > news:1jjsl67rniymr$.d1hhjl07keuj$.dlg@40tude.net.. .
    >> " All of this and more are reasons enough to ignore Linux. Linux users are
    >> never quite sure which one is the best distribution around. They have
    >> debates in their own community with twenty different users vouching for
    >> twenty different variations.

    > And how is this different with Unix oh I mean OS X which is a Unix
    > distribution.

    As far as the consumer is concerned there is one OS X. One. Sure, there
    are different "distros" for different languages and a server "distro", but
    for the general consumer that is irrelevant.

    You are tying to tie OS X to the rest of the Unix world - and while this
    makes sense in some context (OS X is a certified Unix after all) in the
    context of consumer confusion it is 100% irrelevant or close enough to not
    really matter.

    > So I guess that Mac users are saying the OS X(Darwin) distribution of Unix is
    > better than BSD or Solaris. The person who made the satements above lacks
    > knowledge of what Linux, Unix and OS X are. How does an cluless person like
    > this get a job writing articles. Oh wait let's take a loot at the Author's bio
    > and laugh.

    Well, other than the fact that your basic premise of OS X being confused in
    the consumer mind with other Unix variants is utter rubbish. You recently
    (and again) belittled my technical knowledge via spewing complete and utter
    lies about me (in regards to backups, etc.) Well, you, John Slade, have
    just proved (again) how little you understand about the very market you
    claim to be closely tied to.

    OS X being confused with other Unix variants in the mind of the consumer...
    get real, John. Get real and get a clue.

    > To be a journalist, a real journalist, one must do research and have
    > some training or you won't be a very good journalist.

    To run a computer store one should know better than you do. Period.

    --
    I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please
    everyone. -- Bill Cosby

  3. Re: Linux and Why Nobody Seems To Care.........

    In article ,
    "John Slade" wrote:

    > "Moshe. Goldfarb" wrote in message
    > news:1jjsl67rniymr$.d1hhjl07keuj$.dlg@40tude.net.. .
    > > " All of this and more are reasons enough to ignore Linux. Linux
    > > users are never quite sure which one is the best distribution
    > > around. They have debates in their own community with twenty
    > > different users vouching for twenty different variations.

    > And how is this different with Unix oh I mean OS X which is a Unix
    > distribution. So I guess that Mac users are saying the OS X(Darwin)
    > distribution of Unix is better than BSD or Solaris. The person who
    > made the satements above lacks knowledge of what Linux, Unix and OS X
    > are.

    People who use OS X decided to be Mac users. They didn't (with a few
    very rare exceptions) decide to be Unix users and then try to figure
    out what Unix to use, eventually settling on OS X. So, the problem
    described above is not at all relevant to OS X.

    [snip]

    --
    "More than two decades later, it is hard to imagine the Revolutionary War coming
    out any other way."

+ Reply to Thread