"Linux crashes, a lot" - Linux

This is a discussion on "Linux crashes, a lot" - Linux ; Linonut wrote: > * Rick peremptorily fired off this memo: > >> On Sat, 24 May 2008 11:37:12 -0400, DFS wrote: >> >>> "Linux crashes, a lot. Many applications don't always work. I spend >>> far more time keeping Linux ...

  1. Re: "Linux crashes, a lot"

    Linonut wrote:
    > * Rick peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> On Sat, 24 May 2008 11:37:12 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Linux crashes, a lot. Many applications don't always work. I spend
    >>> far more time keeping Linux going than I ever did with Windows."
    >>> http://www.dvorak.org/blog/?p=14453

    >> No, it doesn't crash a lot.

    > Dvorak is mostly an idiot.

    So are you.

    But regardless how deep Rick's and your idiocy runs, that quote didn't come
    from John Dvorak.

    > Hmmmm. Dvorak expects a /development/ /bleeding-edge/ /beta-test/
    > version of an actual /commercial/ product to be the actual
    > /commercial/ product.

    You lusers in the Linux world are totally pathetic. If Fedora is a
    'development-beta-test' version, why don't they label it as such and tell
    the marks that are installing it? Why do they claim it's stable and is the
    basis for RHEL?

    "Fedora is a Linux-based operating system that provides users with access
    to the latest free and open source software, in a stable and easy to manage
    form."

    And

    "Fedora now forms the basis for derivative distributions such as Red Hat
    Enterprise Linux,..."

    http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Overview

    You're a real bozo, Linocrite. You ramble on and on, leaving lapdog piddle
    in every post.

  2. Re: "Linux crashes, a lot"

    RonB wrote:
    > William Poaster wrote:
    >
    >> I've run one distro or another for 10 years. The only problems I've
    >> had with crashing were either hardware trouble, or of my own making
    >> (compiling kernels etc).

    > The truth means nothing to a WinTroll. It's the title of their
    > threads that count to them.

    As long as the title is accurate.

  3. Re: "Linux crashes, a lot"

    William Poaster wrote:

    > I've run one distro or another for 10 years. The only problems I've
    > had with crashing were either hardware trouble, or of my *own* making
    > (compiling kernels etc).

    Sample of one is all it takes to make gullible cola nuts believers.

    Meanwhile, reality bites:

    86 pages of discussion about Feisty 7.04 freezing up

    65 pages of discussion about Gutsy 7.10 freezing up
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...ghlight=freeze

    12 pages of discussion about Hardy 8.04 freezing up
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...ghlight=freeze

  4. Re: "Linux crashes, a lot"

    On Sat, 24 May 2008 20:55:52 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > Linonut wrote:
    >> * Rick peremptorily fired off this memo:

    >>> No, it doesn't crash a lot.

    >> Dvorak is mostly an idiot.

    > So are you.
    >
    > But regardless how deep Rick's and your idiocy runs, that quote didn't
    > come from John Dvorak.

    Yous are the dishonest idiot.

    >> Hmmmm. Dvorak expects a /development/ /bleeding-edge/ /beta-test/
    >> version of an actual /commercial/ product to be the actual /commercial/
    >> product.

    > You lusers in the Linux world are totally pathetic.

    We are not lusers, and we are not pathetic.

    > If Fedora is a
    > 'development-beta-test' version, why don't they label it as such and
    > tell the marks that are installing it? Why do they claim it's stable
    > and is the basis for RHEL?

    Red Enterprise Linux is based on Fedora. Why is that so hard for you to
    understand?

    > "Fedora is a Linux-based operating system that provides users with
    > access to the latest free and open source software, in a stable and easy
    > to manage form."
    >
    > And
    >
    > "Fedora now forms the basis for derivative distributions such as Red Hat
    > Enterprise Linux,..."

    .... see, I told you.

    > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Overview
    >
    > You're a real bozo, Linocrite. You ramble on and on, leaving lapdog
    > piddle in every post.

    WHy are you such a dishonest git?

    --
    Rick

  5. Re: "Vista ME crashes, a lot"

    Rick wrote:

    > On Sat, 24 May 2008 20:55:52 -0400, DFS wrote:

    >> You're a real bozo, Linocrite. You ramble on and on, leaving lapdog
    >> piddle in every post.

    > WHy are you such a dishonest git?

    Look at the thread's headline, Luke. As long as he gets people to respond,
    without changing the "headline," he's getting his lie spread for him. The
    body of the message doesn't matter.

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  6. Re: "Linux crashes, a lot"

    On Sat, 24 May 2008 21:03:04 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > William Poaster wrote:
    >
    >> I've run one distro or another for 10 years. The only problems I've had
    >> with crashing were either hardware trouble, or of my *own* making
    >> (compiling kernels etc).

    > Sample of one is all it takes to make gullible cola nuts believers.
    >
    > Meanwhile, reality bites:
    >

    > 86 pages of discussion about Feisty 7.04 freezing up
    >
    > 65 pages of discussion about Gutsy 7.10 freezing up
    > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...ghlight=freeze
    >
    > 12 pages of discussion about Hardy 8.04 freezing up
    > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...ghlight=freeze

    OK DooFuS - a Linux system can indeed lock up. That does not mean it is a
    Linux (kernel) crash - huge difference. I've already explained how most of
    them can be rectified.

  7. Re: "Linux crashes, a lot"

    On Sat, 24 May 2008 21:03:04 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > William Poaster wrote:
    >
    >> I've run one distro or another for 10 years. The only problems I've had
    >> with crashing were either hardware trouble, or of my *own* making
    >> (compiling kernels etc).

    > Sample of one is all it takes to make gullible cola nuts believers.
    >
    > Meanwhile, reality bites:
    >

    > 86 pages of discussion about Feisty 7.04 freezing up
    >
    > 65 pages of discussion about Gutsy 7.10 freezing up
    > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...ghlight=freeze
    >
    > 12 pages of discussion about Hardy 8.04 freezing up
    > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...ghlight=freeze

    A mere pittance compared to complaints about Windows.

    --
    Rick

  8. Re: "Vista ME crashes, a lot"

    Rick wrote:

    > A mere pittance compared to complaints about Windows.

    Yep, Vista ME crashes, a lot.

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  9. Re: "Linux crashes, a lot"

    On Sat, 24 May 2008 21:03:04 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > William Poaster wrote:
    >
    >> I've run one distro or another for 10 years. The only problems I've
    >> had with crashing were either hardware trouble, or of my *own* making
    >> (compiling kernels etc).

    > Sample of one is all it takes to make gullible cola nuts believers.
    >
    > Meanwhile, reality bites:
    >

    > 86 pages of discussion about Feisty 7.04 freezing up
    >
    > 65 pages of discussion about Gutsy 7.10 freezing up
    > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...ghlight=freeze
    >
    > 12 pages of discussion about Hardy 8.04 freezing up
    > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...ghlight=freeze

    Hahaha.

    Poor Willy Filters....

    He's scrambling around just to stay afloat.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  10. Re: "Linux crashes, a lot"

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  11. Re: "Linux crashes, a lot"

    RonB wrote:
    > Rick wrote:
    >
    >> On Sat, 24 May 2008 20:55:52 -0400, DFS wrote:

    >>> You're a real bozo, Linocrite. You ramble on and on, leaving lapdog
    >>> piddle in every post.

    >> WHy are you such a dishonest git?

    > Look at the thread's headline, Luke.

    What about it?

    > As long as he gets people to
    > respond, without changing the "headline," he's getting his lie spread
    > for him. The body of the message doesn't matter.

    To you it doesn't, since you're a lying idiot who denies any and all Linux
    crapware problems.

  12. Re: "Linux crashes, a lot"

    RonB wrote:
    > Rick wrote:
    >
    >> A mere pittance compared to complaints about Windows.

    > Yep, Vista ME crashes, a lot.

    Maybe, maybe not. Depends on the user, the hardware, etc.

  13. Re: "Linux crashes, a lot"

    Rick wrote:
    > On Sat, 24 May 2008 21:03:04 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >
    >> William Poaster wrote:
    >>
    >>> I've run one distro or another for 10 years. The only problems I've
    >>> had with crashing were either hardware trouble, or of my *own*
    >>> making (compiling kernels etc).

    >> Sample of one is all it takes to make gullible cola nuts believers.
    >>
    >> Meanwhile, reality bites:
    >>

    >> 86 pages of discussion about Feisty 7.04 freezing up
    >>
    >> 65 pages of discussion about Gutsy 7.10 freezing up
    >> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...ghlight=freeze
    >>
    >> 12 pages of discussion about Hardy 8.04 freezing up
    >> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...ghlight=freeze

    > A mere pittance compared to complaints about Windows.

    You'll have to bring some evidence - that you didn't cite any in the first
    place belies your claim.

  14. Re: "Linux crashes, a lot"

    On Sun, 25 May 2008 01:19:47 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > Rick wrote:

    >>> Sample of one is all it takes to make gullible cola nuts believers.
    >>>
    >>> Meanwhile, reality bites:
    >>>

    >>> 86 pages of discussion about Feisty 7.04 freezing up
    >>> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=412125
    >>>
    >>> 65 pages of discussion about Gutsy 7.10 freezing up
    >>> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...ghlight=freeze
    >>>
    >>> 12 pages of discussion about Hardy 8.04 freezing up
    >>> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...ghlight=freeze

    >> A mere pittance compared to complaints about Windows.

    > You'll have to bring some evidence - that you didn't cite any in the first
    > place belies your claim.

    All software has problems, Windows included.
    The difference is that in Windows forums you don't see people categorically
    denying problems like you do in COLA.

    These nuts in COLA, COLA-Nuts if you will, are nothing but a collection of
    paranoid liars.

    Virtually none of them *Ever* have a problem with Linux.
    What they don't realize is that if they were honest, nobody would really
    care because all software has errors.
    By using the "works for me" defense they just look like idiots, especially
    when the evidence shows massive problems with Linux freezing across all
    platforms.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  15. Re: "Linux crashes, a lot"

    ray wrote:
    > On Sat, 24 May 2008 21:03:04 -0400, DFS wrote:

    >> 86 pages of discussion about Feisty 7.04 freezing up
    >>
    >> 65 pages of discussion about Gutsy 7.10 freezing up
    >> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...ghlight=freeze
    >>
    >> 12 pages of discussion about Hardy 8.04 freezing up
    >> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...ghlight=freeze

    > OK DooFuS - a Linux system can indeed lock up.

    huh?

    "Linux just works!" thousands of Linux liars
    "Linux is perfect for laptops, desktops and servers." www.ubuntu.com/

    > That does not mean it is a Linux (kernel) crash - huge difference.

    I never said it was the same. But who cares whether it's a kernel panic or
    a frozen machine? To the user it's just as troublesome.

    > I've already explained

    raytard, the only thing you need to explain is the truth about the hassles
    you endured installing and configuring and supporting those Linux library
    systems you told us about 100+ times.

    > how most of them can be rectified.

    wipe Linux
    install Windows

  16. Re: "Linux crashes, a lot"

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  17. Re: "Linux crashes, a lot"

    Moshe, Goldfarb. wrote:

    > All software has problems, Windows included.

    Absolutely.

    * SP1 installed cleanly, but I tried twice to install SP2 on this WinServer
    2003 system - it failed both times. Microsoft's own service pack wouldn't
    install? Ridiculous, even more so because it didn't say why, just "Error
    occurred" and then it rolled it back out cleanly (thankfully).

    * last time I tried to create and save a SQL Server 2005 DTS (data
    transformation services) package it failed for some stupid reason.

    * I can lockup MS access (for about 15 seconds) anytime by using a certain
    criteria in a filter. It always recovers, but it's useless for a while.

    * virtually every MS access .mdb I've developed against throws a corruption
    error at some time after it gets arbitrarily large (meaning lots of code
    modules and forms). Again, it always recovers but never will tell you
    exactly what went wrong and that's the most frustrating part for me.

    * some of the services listed in Windows have no option to start/stop them
    (and they don't say why).

    WinServer 2003 is easily the most stable and reliable OS I've ever used.
    It's also fast to boot and shutdown, runs well on my P4 system, and it's a
    good app and gaming platform.

    > The difference is that in Windows forums you don't see people
    > categorically denying problems like you do in COLA.
    >
    > These nuts in COLA, COLA-Nuts if you will, are nothing but a
    > collection of paranoid liars.
    >
    > Virtually none of them *Ever* have a problem with Linux.

    One Ubuntu liar said this recently: "I have no problems. Works flawlessly
    since I installed it."

    ha! Only in la-la land.

    > What they don't realize is that if they were honest, nobody would
    > really care because all software has errors.
    > By using the "works for me" defense they just look like idiots,
    > especially when the evidence shows massive problems with Linux
    > freezing across all platforms.

    Exactly. But they don't care how stupid they look, because other
    "advocates" don't challenge them, and they killfile and run from us.

    Linux: for children, by children.

  18. Re: "Linux crashes, a lot"

    On Sun, 25 May 2008 01:19:47 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > Rick wrote:

    >>> Sample of one is all it takes to make gullible cola nuts believers.
    >>>
    >>> Meanwhile, reality bites:
    >>>

    >>> 86 pages of discussion about Feisty 7.04 freezing up
    >>> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=412125
    >>>
    >>> 65 pages of discussion about Gutsy 7.10 freezing up
    >>> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...ghlight=freeze
    >>>
    >>> 12 pages of discussion about Hardy 8.04 freezing up
    >>> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...ghlight=freeze

    >> A mere pittance compared to complaints about Windows.

    > You'll have to bring some evidence - that you didn't cite any in the
    > first place belies your claim.

    The sky is blue.

    --
    Rick

  19. Re: "Linux crashes, a lot"

    On Sun, 25 May 2008 01:51:32 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > Moshe, Goldfarb. wrote:
    >
    >> All software has problems, Windows included.

    > Absolutely.
    >
    > * SP1 installed cleanly, but I tried twice to install SP2 on this
    > WinServer 2003 system - it failed both times. Microsoft's own service
    > pack wouldn't install? Ridiculous, even more so because it didn't say
    > why, just "Error occurred" and then it rolled it back out cleanly
    > (thankfully).
    >
    > * last time I tried to create and save a SQL Server 2005 DTS (data
    > transformation services) package it failed for some stupid reason.
    >
    > * I can lockup MS access (for about 15 seconds) anytime by using a
    > certain criteria in a filter. It always recovers, but it's useless for
    > a while.
    >
    > * virtually every MS access .mdb I've developed against throws a
    > corruption error at some time after it gets arbitrarily large (meaning
    > lots of code modules and forms). Again, it always recovers but never
    > will tell you exactly what went wrong and that's the most frustrating
    > part for me.
    >
    > * some of the services listed in Windows have no option to start/stop
    > them (and they don't say why).
    >
    > WinServer 2003 is easily the most stable and reliable OS I've ever used.
    > It's also fast to boot and shutdown, runs well on my P4 system, and it's
    > a good app and gaming platform.
    >

    >> The difference is that in Windows forums you don't see people
    >> categorically denying problems like you do in COLA.
    >>
    >> These nuts in COLA, COLA-Nuts if you will, are nothing but a collection
    >> of paranoid liars.
    >>
    >> Virtually none of them *Ever* have a problem with Linux.

    > One Ubuntu liar said this recently: "I have no problems. Works
    > flawlessly since I installed it."
    >
    > ha! Only in la-la land.
    >

    >> What they don't realize is that if they were honest, nobody would
    >> really care because all software has errors. By using the "works for
    >> me" defense they just look like idiots, especially when the evidence
    >> shows massive problems with Linux freezing across all platforms.

    > Exactly. But they don't care how stupid they look, because other
    > "advocates" don't challenge them, and they killfile and run from us.
    >
    > Linux: for children, by children.

    So IBM, Sun, Oracle and HP are all children .... interesting.

    --
    Rick

  20. Re: "Linux crashes, a lot"

    On Sun, 25 May 2008 01:15:47 +0000, ray wrote:

    > On Sat, 24 May 2008 21:03:04 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >
    >> William Poaster wrote:
    >>
    >>> I've run one distro or another for 10 years. The only problems I've had
    >>> with crashing were either hardware trouble, or of my *own* making
    >>> (compiling kernels etc).

    >> Sample of one is all it takes to make gullible cola nuts believers.
    >>
    >> Meanwhile, reality bites:
    >>

    >> 86 pages of discussion about Feisty 7.04 freezing up
    >>
    >> 65 pages of discussion about Gutsy 7.10 freezing up
    >> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...ghlight=freeze
    >>
    >> 12 pages of discussion about Hardy 8.04 freezing up
    >> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...ghlight=freeze

    > OK DooFuS - a Linux system can indeed lock up. That does not mean it is a
    > Linux (kernel) crash - huge difference. I've already explained how most of
    > them can be rectified.

    I'm not even running Ubuntu ATM, so AFAIC the troll shot itself in the
    foot.

    The dork seems to think (& in DooFu$'s case I use the term *loosely*) that
    because *some* Ubuntu users reported a problem, ALL users have the problem.
    Did you notice some were *hardware* problems too? For EG one guy replaced
    a cooling fan, & used an external cooling fan!

    The DFS troll also believes that just because one distro has a problem,
    *every* Linux distro has it. Which just shows that he's NO idea about
    Linux, & is just trolling.

    --
    Mandriva 2008.1 64-bit.
    This message was sent from a