Well, PCLOS 07 Rockin' Right Along NO Problems - Linux

This is a discussion on Well, PCLOS 07 Rockin' Right Along NO Problems - Linux ; Installed a couple months ago in about 20 minutes on an AMD 1300, 256K box. Where the hell is that big reassuring BLUE SCREEN which lets me know that I am computing. You know, the microsoft BIG BLUE sign pointing ...

  1. Well, PCLOS 07 Rockin' Right Along NO Problems

    Installed a couple months ago in about 20 minutes on an AMD 1300, 256K
    box.

    Where the hell is that big reassuring BLUE SCREEN which lets me know that
    I am computing. You know, the microsoft BIG BLUE sign pointing the way
    to computing hell.

    Heh heh.

    I sit here and watch the PCLOS startup verbose screen loading the OS in
    under a couple minutes, and then I am up and running and posting to COLA.

    I really wish I were required to call Redmond phone monkeys to get
    permission to compute. I really DO. I mean, talking to a purple haired
    crosseyed bananna peeling neanderthal employed by the microsoft donkey
    farm would just make my day.

    But alas, I'm now running linux.

    Probably go grab the latest DSL and get my older hardware back in service
    - some nice older Fujitsu Pen Tablets.

    Bye bye microsoft.

  2. Re: Well, PCLOS 07 Rockin' Right Along NO Problems

    On May 23, 4:29 pm, ~fly...@there.net~ wrote:
    > Installed a couple months ago in about 20 minutes on an AMD 1300, 256K
    > box.

    That can't be right. DFS says that linux always crashes within 2
    minutes. He has posted this so many times on cola it must be true.

  3. Re: Well, PCLOS 07 Rockin' Right Along NO Problems

    On Fri, 23 May 2008 16:43:31 -0700, nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu wrote:

    > On May 23, 4:29 pm, ~fly...@there.net~ wrote:
    >> Installed a couple months ago in about 20 minutes on an AMD 1300, 256K
    >> box.

    > That can't be right. DFS says that linux always crashes within 2
    > minutes. He has posted this so many times on cola it must be true.

    Makes complete sense!

    It has been running win so intensely and for so long that "computing" to
    it means crashing every two minutes.

    Any mention of *any* "computing" prompts, in its mind, a visual image of
    a computer smashing into a granite mountain at 430 miles per hour.

    Linux is a *computer* program so....

    Shill minds, making the word microsoft a valid concept.

  4. Re: Well, PCLOS 07 Rockin' Right Along NO Problems

    nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu wrote:
    > On May 23, 4:29 pm, ~fly...@there.net~ wrote:
    >> Installed a couple months ago in about 20 minutes on an AMD 1300,
    >> 256K box.

    > That can't be right. DFS says that linux always crashes within 2
    > minutes. He has posted this so many times on cola it must be true.

    2 minutes? You're exaggerating... you mean 30 to 60 seconds:

    "I tried installing the nvidia driver directly from the nVidia website (not
    using the restricted driver manager) and this seemed to make things worse,
    i.e. the system would ALWAYS freeze up within 30-60 seconds of a boot."

    #18 at
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...=freeze&page=2

  5. Re: Well, PCLOS 07 Rockin' Right Along NO Problems

    On Fri, 23 May 2008 23:06:17 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu wrote:
    >> On May 23, 4:29 pm, ~fly...@there.net~ wrote:
    >>> Installed a couple months ago in about 20 minutes on an AMD 1300,
    >>> 256K box.

    >> That can't be right. DFS says that linux always crashes within 2
    >> minutes. He has posted this so many times on cola it must be true.

    > 2 minutes? You're exaggerating... you mean 30 to 60 seconds:
    >

    > "I tried installing the nvidia driver directly from the nVidia website (not
    > using the restricted driver manager) and this seemed to make things worse,
    > i.e. the system would ALWAYS freeze up within 30-60 seconds of a boot."
    >
    > #18 at
    > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...=freeze&page=2

    Bang Zoom....and another lying LIEnix *advocate* goes down the drain.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  6. Re: Well, PCLOS 07 Rockin' Right Along NO Problems

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

    ! Don Zeigler

  7. Re: Well, PCLOS 07 Rockin' Right Along NO Problems

    On Fri, 23 May 2008 23:14:58 -0400, Moshe, Goldfarb. wrote:

    > On Fri, 23 May 2008 23:06:17 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >
    >> nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu wrote:
    >>>
    >>> That can't be right. DFS says that linux always crashes within 2
    >>> minutes. He has posted this so many times on cola it must be true.

    >> 2 minutes? You're exaggerating... you mean 30 to 60 seconds:
    >>

    >> "I tried installing the nvidia driver directly from the nVidia website
    >> (not using the restricted driver manager) and this seemed to make
    >> things worse, i.e. the system would ALWAYS freeze up within 30-60
    >> seconds of a boot."
    >>
    >> #18 at
    >> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...=freeze&page=2

    > Bang Zoom....and another lying LIEnix *advocate* goes down the drain.

    So, why do you use PCLinuxOS?

    --
    Rick

  8. Re: Well, PCLOS 07 Rockin' Right Along NO Problems

    On Fri, 23 May 2008 23:42:09 -0500, Rick wrote:

    > On Fri, 23 May 2008 23:14:58 -0400, Moshe, Goldfarb. wrote:

    >>> 2 minutes? You're exaggerating... you mean 30 to 60 seconds:
    >>>

    >>> "I tried installing the nvidia driver directly from the nVidia website
    >>> (not using the restricted driver manager) and this seemed to make
    >>> things worse, i.e. the system would ALWAYS freeze up within 30-60
    >>> seconds of a boot."
    >>>
    >>> #18 at
    >>> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...=freeze&page=2

    >> Bang Zoom....and another lying LIEnix *advocate* goes down the drain.

    > So, why do you use PCLinuxOS?

    WTF has PCLinuxOS got to do with the *ubuntu* forums?
    And actually the OP who installed the nvidia driver directly from the
    nVidia website, & who didn't use Ubuntu's Restricted Driver Manager, has
    answered his own question.

    (Naturally, this will pass *right* over the wintrolls heads)

    From your reply, it seems Flatfish has also nymshifted again from
    "Moshe. Goldfarb" to "Moshe, Goldfarb". What a waste of time.

    --
    Mandriva 2008.1 64-bit.
    This message was sent from a

  9. Re: Well, PCLOS 07 Rockin' Right Along NO Problems

    William Poaster wrote:

    > (Naturally, this will pass *right* over the wintrolls heads)
    >
    > From your reply, it seems Flatfish has also nymshifted again from
    > "Moshe. Goldfarb" to "Moshe, Goldfarb". What a waste of time.

    He's gone into a coma and doesn't have a point any more.

  10. Re: Well, PCLOS 07 Rockin' Right Along NO Problems

    ~flyer~ wrote:

    > I sit here and watch the PCLOS startup verbose screen loading the OS in
    > under a couple minutes, and then I am up and running and posting to
    > COLA.

    You should try it on a dual-core, 2GB machine. 8)

    PCLOS is the world's best desktop OS.

    (Does that "unconfuse" the situation for any trolling fsckwits? 8)

    (Probably not. They'll just say "Someone else said Ubuntu was best! I'm
    so confused! Will someone just TELL ME what to use?")

  11. Re: Well, PCLOS 07 Rockin' Right Along NO Problems

    chrisv wrote:

    > PCLOS is the world's best desktop OS.

    MacOS is the world's best desktop OS.

    Because of the huge universe of great software and games and peripheral
    support, Windows is the world's best desktop platform.

    Because of its glitchy/freezing/hanging amateurish mess and crappy apps and
    no games and strange "advocates", Linux shouldn't be mentioned in the same
    breath.

  12. Re: Well, PCLOS 07 Rockin' Right Along NO Problems

    William Poaster wrote:

    > WTF has PCLinuxOS got to do with the *ubuntu* forums?

    Last I heard both were Linux/OSS and ran a nearly identical set of apps.

  13. Re: Well, PCLOS 07 Rockin' Right Along NO Problems

    On Sat, 24 May 2008 09:33:34 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > chrisv wrote:
    >
    >> PCLOS is the world's best desktop OS.

    > MacOS is the world's best desktop OS.
    >
    > Because of the huge universe of great software and games and peripheral
    > support, Windows is the world's best desktop platform.
    >
    > Because of its glitchy/freezing/hanging amateurish mess and crappy apps and
    > no games and strange "advocates", Linux shouldn't be mentioned in the same
    > breath.

    Agreed 100 percent!

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  14. Re: Well, PCLOS 07 Rockin' Right Along NO Problems

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

    Clue for flatfish: /m.* goldfarb/i

  15. Re: Well, PCLOS 07 Rockin' Right Along NO Problems

    On Sat, 24 May 2008 13:04:13 -0400, Moshe, Goldfarb. wrote:

    > On Sat, 24 May 2008 09:33:34 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >
    >> chrisv wrote:
    >>
    >>> PCLOS is the world's best desktop OS.

    >> MacOS is the world's best desktop OS.
    >>
    >> Because of the huge universe of great software and games and peripheral
    >> support, Windows is the world's best desktop platform.
    >>
    >> Because of its glitchy/freezing/hanging amateurish mess and crappy apps
    >> and no games and strange "advocates", Linux shouldn't be mentioned in
    >> the same breath.

    > Agreed 100 percent!

    Then why are you using PCLinuxOS ?

    --
    Rick

  16. Re: Well, PCLOS 07 Rockin' Right Along NO Problems

    * Rick peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > On Sat, 24 May 2008 13:04:13 -0400, Moshe, Goldfarb. wrote:

    >>> MacOS is the world's best desktop OS.
    >>>
    >>> Because of the huge universe of great software and games and peripheral
    >>> support, Windows is the world's best desktop platform.

    Oh my god, I'm hurting from laughing so much.

    > Then why are you using PCLinuxOS ?

    Probably for the same reason I'm using Debian -- it works /great/!

    --
    Just in terms of allocation of time resources, religion is not very
    efficient. There's a lot more I could be doing on a Sunday morning.

  17. Re: Well, PCLOS 07 Rockin' Right Along NO Problems

    On Sat, 24 May 2008 15:28:50 -0400, Linonut wrote:

    > * Rick peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > Oh my god, I'm hurting from laughing so much.
    >
    >> Then why are you using PCLinuxOS ?

    > Probably for the same reason I'm using Debian -- it works /great/!

    Ahh... but why then does it diss Linux ?

    --
    Rick

  18. Re: Well, PCLOS 07 Rockin' Right Along NO Problems

    > * Rick peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > Oh my god, I'm hurting from laughing so much.

    Yeah, that's a corker.

    Like the "huge universe of peripheral" that don't work with Vista.

    Like the "huge universe of games" that break with each new Windows
    release, and become unsupported Abandonware (he says looking forlornly
    at his "huge universe" of unsupported Abandonware Windows games on the
    shelf, that he can now only play using Wine under *Linux*).

    Like the "huge universe of 'great' software" that costs a fortune for
    something that I can do for free under Linux ... without the bloat,
    Spyware, viruses, "rights" restrictions, crashes and bugs that go
    unfixed for years.

    >> Then why are you using PCLinuxOS ?

    > Probably for the same reason I'm using Debian -- it works /great/!

    No, probably so that every time he encounters a bug, it gives him an
    excuse to scream "Slopware", whilst creaming his jeans (and writing a
    reassuring memo to Ballmer).

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    `----

    01:57:13 up 155 days, 22:33, 6 users, load average: 0.10, 0.20, 0.28

  19. Re: Well, PCLOS 07 Rockin' Right Along NO Problems

    On Sat, 24 May 2008 09:43:45 +0000, 7 wrote:

    > William Poaster wrote:
    >

    >> (Naturally, this will pass *right* over the wintrolls heads)
    >>
    >> From your reply, it seems Flatfish has also nymshifted again from
    >> "Moshe. Goldfarb" to "Moshe, Goldfarb". What a waste of time.

    > He's gone into a coma and doesn't have a point any more.

    Heh heh. Just sitting there peering out the *windows.*