[News] Excellent Tour of Commercial and Free Games for Linux - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] Excellent Tour of Commercial and Free Games for Linux - Linux ; Top 21 Linux Games Of 2007 ,----[ Quote ] | Below are addictive 3d games for linux users to fill their time with. These | games are really good and some have won awards or have been featured on | ...

  1. [News] Excellent Tour of Commercial and Free Games for Linux

    Top 21 Linux Games Of 2007

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Below are addictive 3d games for linux users to fill their time with. These
    | games are really good and some have won awards or have been featured on
    | magazines. Most of it is cross platform and free. You don?t have to
    | use ?Wine? to be able to play as they come with Linux installers.
    `----

    http://linuxgames07.blogspot.com/200...s-of-2007.html

    Related:

    Ubuntu Linux Games - Top Picks

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | If you?ve switched to Ubuntu (as I have) or any other Linux distribution, you
    | may consider the following free (and in most cases open-source) games, as
    | they?ve been favorites of mine for some time now. *
    `----

    http://thepemberton.com/posts/archives/6

    Unreal Tournament 3 For Linux Confirmed

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | While everyone was expecting Unreal Tournament 3 for Linux based upon Epic
    | Games providing native Linux clients for their past Unreal Tournament titles,
    | this week it was officially confirmed by Epic's Mark Rein that there will be
    | a Linux client for UT3. *
    `----

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...item&px=NTk5MQ

    Related:

    Half-Life 2: Deathmatch on Linux

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Wine has lately improved by amazing leaps, even DirectX support is nowadays
    | pretty good, and performance with HL2DM is pretty amazing compared to a few
    | months back. And now I have HL2DM running on resolution 1440900 and medium
    | details smoothl *
    `----

    http://kahvipapu.com/blog/2007/08/11...atch-on-linux/

    Counter-Strike on Linux

    http://linux.about.com/b/a/257623.htm

    Volunteers Wanted

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | We are looking for some volunteers to help us with the testing of the new Mac
    | and Linux Clients.
    `----

    http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingamebo...hreadID=574782

  2. Re: [News] Excellent Tour of Commercial and Free Games for Linux

    "Roy Schestowitz" schreef in bericht
    > Top 21 Linux Games Of 2007
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | Below are addictive 3d games for linux users to fill their time with.
    > These
    > | games are really good and some have won awards or have been featured on
    > | magazines. Most of it is cross platform and free. You don?t have to
    > | use ?Wine? to be able to play as they come with Linux installers.
    > `----
    >
    > http://linuxgames07.blogspot.com/200...s-of-2007.html

    It fails to mention BZFlag, one of the most addictive and entertaining games
    I've ever played!

    http://www.bzflag.org