    problem now is that I have lost all usb functionality. The system does not
    find any usb device (flash drive, external hard drive, etc.) It doesn't even
    show up in /dev"

    #76 at
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...=freeze&page=8

    Linux: help US waste YOUR time

  2. Re: Linux: fix the freezing problem (for one day), but now no USB

    On Fri, 23 May 2008 07:50:47 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > "I updated my system yesterday and it seems that the ubuntu team must have
    > solved the lockup issue since I have not had a lockup for over a day ... the
    > problem now is that I have lost all usb functionality. The system does not
    > find any usb device (flash drive, external hard drive, etc.) It doesn't even
    > show up in /dev"
    >
    > #76 at
    > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...=freeze&page=8
    >

    > Linux: help US waste YOUR time

    Who needs USB?

    Use the serial port instead.
    You can actually look at the little bits and bytes going by on the
    interface !!!

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: Linux: fix the freezing problem (for one day), but now no USB

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic