  1. Linux' legendary uptime: "hangs within minutes of booting"

    "Switching to the RT kernel did not solve my problem either. Tried twice and
    got hangs within minutes of booting."

    #16 at
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...=freeze&page=2

    Linux just works!

  2. Re: Linux' legendary uptime: "hangs within minutes of booting"

    On Fri, 23 May 2008 07:17:29 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > "Switching to the RT kernel did not solve my problem either. Tried twice and
    > got hangs within minutes of booting."
    >
    > #16 at
    > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...=freeze&page=2
    >
    > Linux just works!

    He's lucky he even got it installed.
    Most people don't get that far before they toss it and go back to Windows.
    That of course is assuming that Linux didn't destroy their Windows
    partition in the process.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: Linux' legendary uptime: "hangs within minutes of booting"

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic