Ubuntu Linux Boot CD - don’t leave home without it

,----[ Quote ]
| Come presentation time his Powerpoint slides didn’t display properly. After
| each click he had to wait up to 30 seconds for the next slide to appear. Very
| disconcerting to him and his audience. He tried putting the setting back to
| the way they were, but to no avail.
| If he had a Ubuntu boot CD with him, he could have recovered this situation
| in about 2 minutes. All he had to do was insert the boot CD in the CD drive,
| ensure that his notebook’s BIOS was set to boot from CD, then go for it.

Ubuntu, women, men, children, and the digital divide.

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu and Linux in general is making it possible for people to get the job
| done, whether you run a small business like my wife, rely on it for critical
| business applications, like my co-workers and myself, or getting ready to
| ship off to school.

Linux Desktops: Real Relief for Windows Users

,----[ Quote ]
| In this op/ed article, Andrea describes the pains and pitfalls of the Windows
| OS and offers some candid advice from personal experiences.

Parking with Windows

,----[ Quote ]
| Windows.
| One can't even park anymore without getting the Blue Screen of Death.
| Incidentally, the parking attendant couldn't figure out why I wanted to take
| a picture of the payment machine. For my part, I couldn't figure out why he *
| wasn't running a real operating system. :-)

Who Knew... [Musical instruments crash]

,----[ Quote ]
| Who knew that even musical instruments could experience Microsoft’s Blue
| Screen of Death. I didn’t until I went to Seattle’s Experience Music Project
| last week. *

Trouble Shooting The Blue Screen of Death

,----[ Quote ]
| Fortunately since Windows 2000 this has become less of a common occurrence,
| or so it seemed. Working late last night at a client’s office on a handful
| of problems already, Windows Vista (Brand new machine, only a week old)
| decided to show me otherwise. While copying some vital files to the
| machine, it restarted windows. After a rebooting to the login screen,
| it then repeated the process of halting and restarted, nice!

Would You put Your Life in Vista's Hands?

,----[ Quote ]
| While on a visit in Romania, where Bill Gates participated in the
| celebration of 10 years since the Microsoft branch has been running
| there, and the launch of Vista, declared that, with the right amount
| of administration, the new Vista could run life support systems in
| hospitals.

Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)