Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
Results 181 to 197 of 197

  1. Re: Linux Market Share Facts

    On 2008-05-26, Sandman wrote:

    >> > Sandman:
    >> > As opposed to Gimp, then.

    >> > Sandman:
    >> > As opposed to Gimp, then.

    >> Rick:
    >> Yes, as opposed to Gimp. I thought was clear.

    > Ah, so you agreed with me that Gimp isn't a serious tool used by
    > professionals. I sort of gathered that you didn't. Sorry.

    If by "professionals" you mean "professionals who wish to print onto
    paper" then I suppose you are correct.

    Gimp doesn't fit your niche. Try something else or get someone to write
    something or use photoshop FFS.. why blather on in here? No one is
    interested in what you use.

    --
    Regards,

    Gregory.
    Gentoo Linux - Penguin Power

  2. Re: Linux Market Share Facts

    In article ,
    Gregory Shearman wrote:
    > You give yourself away as an astroturfer with the phrase "not ready for
    > primetime".
    >
    > Go troll somewhere else.
    >
    > If you don't use linux then why post here?

    You are quite the idiot, if you think George is an astroturfer and ZnU
    is using a Microsoft script. Maybe you should actually look at people's
    posts before jumping to ridiculous conclusions.

    --
    --Tim Smith

  3. Re: Linux Market Share Facts

    On 2008-05-26, Linonut wrote:
    > * ZnU peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> In article <4S_Zj.19789$255.15895@bignews8.bellsouth.net>,
    >> Linonut wrote:
    >>
    >>> * ZnU peremptorily fired off this memo:

    >>> Get back with us when you've evaluated all of the applications in this
    >>> partial list of commercial applications, circa 2005:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.yolinux.com/TUTORIALS/Lin...lications.html

    >> Well, I can't speak for everyone in all fields. But I don't see
    >> plausible replacements for Final Cut Pro or Photoshop on that list.

    > Fair enough. But take note that you may have moved the goalpost, since
    > you were originally talking about "desktops", and now your talking about
    > "photo studios". (If I'm misremembering your original postings, please
    > forgive me.)
    >
    > In any case, thanks to a motivated user (Disney, I believe), we can now
    > run Photoshop on WINE to get that last little bit of functionality that
    > apparently GIMP does not have. (Personally, GIMP has been much much
    > more tnan /I/ need.)
    >
    > But with major studios pushing Linux hard (even if their apps are often
    > in-house, un-shared projects), I wouldn't expect this situation to last
    > forever.

    CMYK is only seems to be really useful when printing to paper. I can't
    see the "major studios" really giving a toss.

    --
    Regards,

    Gregory.
    Gentoo Linux - Penguin Power

  4. Re: Linux Market Share Facts

    "Gregory Shearman" wrote in message
    > On 2008-05-26, Linonut wrote:
    >> * ZnU peremptorily fired off this memo:

    >>> Well, I can't speak for everyone in all fields. But I don't see
    >>> plausible replacements for Final Cut Pro or Photoshop on that list.

    >> Fair enough. But take note that you may have moved the goalpost, since
    >> you were originally talking about "desktops", and now your talking about
    >> "photo studios". (If I'm misremembering your original postings, please
    >> forgive me.)
    >>
    >> In any case, thanks to a motivated user (Disney, I believe), we can now
    >> run Photoshop on WINE to get that last little bit of functionality that
    >> apparently GIMP does not have. (Personally, GIMP has been much much
    >> more tnan /I/ need.)
    >>
    >> But with major studios pushing Linux hard (even if their apps are often
    >> in-house, un-shared projects), I wouldn't expect this situation to last
    >> forever.
    >>

    > CMYK is only seems to be really useful when printing to paper.

    To you perhaps but that's mainly because you are a clueless moron.

    > I can't see the "major studios" really giving a toss.

    And I can't see the "major studios" or anyone else for that matter giving a
    toss what a clueless idiot like you thinks. Hint for you - learn a thing or
    two about the subject that you're talking about before making a ROYAL
    JACKASS out of yourself.

    > --
    > Regards,
    >
    > Gregory.
    > Gentoo Linux - Penguin Power

    Most penguins are probably smarter than idiots like you and Roy Schestowitz.

  5. Re: Linux Market Share Facts

    "Sgt. Friday" wrote in message
    > George Graves wrote:
    >> On Wed, 28 May 2008 18:41:58 -0700, Tim Murray wrote
    >> (in article ):

    >>> But you need to try it.
    >>>
    >>> (Sorry. Couldn't resist.)
    >>>

    >> Rightttttt!

    > Try pronouncing that word you wrote, George. Say "right" and stretch
    > out the ending "t" sound.

    He avoids GIMP like the plague because it does not have the name behind them
    that PHOTOSHOP does.

    --
    http://www.as7apcool.com/

  6. Re: Linux Market Share Facts

    "Cuphea Ignea" wrote in message
    > "Sgt. Friday" wrote in message
    >> George Graves wrote:
    >>> On Wed, 28 May 2008 18:41:58 -0700, Tim Murray wrote
    >>> (in article ):

    >>> Rightttttt!

    >> Try pronouncing that word you wrote, George. Say "right" and stretch
    >> out the ending "t" sound.

    > He avoids GIMP like the plague because it does not have the name behind
    > them that PHOTOSHOP does.

    Most likely he, like nearly most people, ignore GIMP because it has a
    retarded UI and is amateur slopware that was hastily thrown together and is
    not nearly as good or as intuitive as quality applications.

  7. Re: Linux Market Share Facts

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Cuphea Ignea

    wrote
    on Thu, 29 May 2008 18:56:49 -0400
    :
    > "Sgt. Friday" wrote in message
    >> George Graves wrote:
    >>> On Wed, 28 May 2008 18:41:58 -0700, Tim Murray wrote
    >>> (in article ):

    >>> Rightttttt!

    >> Try pronouncing that word you wrote, George. Say "right" and stretch
    >> out the ending "t" sound.

    > He avoids GIMP like the plague because it does not have the name behind them
    > that PHOTOSHOP does.

    Well, lessee...it's not difficult to specify a color
    for drawing using CMYK, but it doesn't come with a CMYK
    plugin (though one is available, apparently). There is a
    "print simulation" mode of operation in Preferences color
    management, plus loading of various RGB CMYK, and monitor
    profiles (I have no idea precisely what these do).

    A crude simulation of CMY might be had by switching off
    one of the red, green, or blue channels in a Layers dialog;
    K might be simulated by switching to grayscale. I rather
    doubt this will do anything regarding such esoterica as
    silkscreening and Pantone color matching, but I'm not that
    familiar with Photoshop or GIMP.

    (This is gimp 2.4.2, BTW, freshly built on my Gentoo system.)

    For what it's worth.

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Error 16: Not enough space on file system to delete file(s)

  8. Re: Linux Market Share Facts

    In article <17fc8$483ea0d3$9938@news.teranews.com>,
    "Sgt. Friday" wrote:

    > Alan Baker wrote:
    > > In article
    > > ,
    > > Edwin wrote:

    > >> Yes, folks, Alan Baker really is stupid enough to make an idiotic and
    > >> futile attempt to cover up the stupidity of Sandman and ZnU. It's a
    > >> service he provides for other stupid Mac Advocates, even though it
    > >> never succeeds.

    > > By all means: explain how what I wrote differs from reality.
    > >
    > > It's a browser plug-in, Edwin. Like Flash. Nothing more.

    > Edwin doesn't have to explain the difference between what you wrote and
    > reality. You just provided the explanation yourself.

    Please, Edwin: this latest sockpuppet is already busted.

    --
    "The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" --
    "I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone

  9. Re: Linux Market Share Facts

    On Thu, 29 May 2008 19:03:41 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:

    > "Cuphea Ignea" wrote in message
    >> "Sgt. Friday" wrote in message

    >>> Try pronouncing that word you wrote, George. Say "right" and stretch
    >>> out the ending "t" sound.
    >>>
    >>> ** Posted from http://www.teranews.com **

    >> He avoids GIMP like the plague because it does not have the name behind
    >> them that PHOTOSHOP does.
    >>

    > Most likely he, like nearly most people, ignore GIMP because it has a
    > retarded UI

    People that start out on Gimp don't seem to think so.

    > and is amateur slopware

    .... in your bigoted opinion.

    > that was hastily thrown together

    Years is not hastily.

    > and
    > is not nearly as good or as intuitive as quality applications.

    It is a quality application.

    --
    Rick

  10. Re: Linux Market Share Facts

    "Rick" stated in post
    UdidnY_L55BaG6LVnZ2dnUVZ_hGdnZ2d@supernews.com on 5/29/08 9:47 PM:

    >>> He avoids GIMP like the plague because it does not have the name behind
    >>> them that PHOTOSHOP does.
    >>>

    >> Most likely he, like nearly most people, ignore GIMP because it has a
    >> retarded UI

    > People that start out on Gimp don't seem to think so.
    >
    >> and is amateur slopware

    > ... in your bigoted opinion.
    >

    >> that was hastily thrown together

    > Years is not hastily.
    >
    >> and
    >> is not nearly as good or as intuitive as quality applications.
    >>

    > It is a quality application.

    I would love to see you support that... with Photoshop as the comparison
    app.

    You will, of course, fail.

    --
    "If you have integrity, nothing else matters." - Alan Simpson

  11. Re: Linux Market Share Facts

    "The Ghost In The Machine" wrote in
    message news:siq3h5-6gn.ln1@sirius.tg00suus7038.net

    Thank you.

    --
    http://www.as7apcool.com/

  12. Re: Linux Market Share Facts

    "Rick" wrote in message
    news:UdidnY_L55BaG6LVnZ2dnUVZ_hGdnZ2d@supernews.co m
    > On Thu, 29 May 2008 19:03:41 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:
    >
    >> "Cuphea Ignea" wrote in message
    >>> "Sgt. Friday" wrote in message

    >>> He avoids GIMP like the plague because it does not have the name
    >>> behind them that PHOTOSHOP does.
    >>>

    >> Most likely he, like nearly most people, ignore GIMP because it has a
    >> retarded UI

    > People that start out on Gimp don't seem to think so.
    >
    >> and is amateur slopware

    > ... in your bigoted opinion.
    >
    >> that was hastily thrown together

    > Years is not hastily.
    >
    >> and
    >> is not nearly as good or as intuitive as quality applications.
    >>

    > It is a quality application.

    GIMP is better quality than PHOTOSHOP as anyone who uses both knows.

    --
    http://www.as7apcool.com/

  13. Re: Linux Market Share Facts

    "Ezekiel" wrote in message
    > "Cuphea Ignea" wrote in message
    >> "Sgt. Friday" wrote in message

    >>> Try pronouncing that word you wrote, George. Say "right" and
    >>> stretch out the ending "t" sound.
    >>>
    >>> ** Posted from http://www.teranews.com **

    >> He avoids GIMP like the plague because it does not have the name
    >> behind them that PHOTOSHOP does.
    >>

    > Most likely he, like nearly most people, ignore GIMP because it has a
    > retarded UI and is amateur slopware that was hastily thrown together
    > and is not nearly as good or as intuitive as quality applications.

    GIMP has been around years or more than that even. It has a user tested and
    approved UI.

    --
    http://www.as7apcool.com/

  14. Re: Linux Market Share Facts

    "Ezekiel" writes:

    > "Gregory Shearman" wrote in message
    >> On 2008-05-26, Linonut wrote:
    >>> * ZnU peremptorily fired off this memo:

    >>> Fair enough. But take note that you may have moved the goalpost, since
    >>> you were originally talking about "desktops", and now your talking about
    >>> "photo studios". (If I'm misremembering your original postings, please
    >>> forgive me.)
    >>>
    >>> In any case, thanks to a motivated user (Disney, I believe), we can now
    >>> run Photoshop on WINE to get that last little bit of functionality that
    >>> apparently GIMP does not have. (Personally, GIMP has been much much
    >>> more tnan /I/ need.)
    >>>
    >>> But with major studios pushing Linux hard (even if their apps are often
    >>> in-house, un-shared projects), I wouldn't expect this situation to last
    >>> forever.
    >>>

    >> CMYK is only seems to be really useful when printing to paper.

    > To you perhaps but that's mainly because you are a clueless moron.
    >
    >> I can't see the "major studios" really giving a toss.

    > And I can't see the "major studios" or anyone else for that matter giving a
    > toss what a clueless idiot like you thinks. Hint for you - learn a thing or
    > two about the subject that you're talking about before making a ROYAL
    > JACKASS out of yourself.

    You must remember that Gregory thinks that Linux is as good as it
    possibly could be and he has a vested interest in it NOT getting any
    better.

  15. Re: Linux Market Share Facts

    Rick writes:

    > On Thu, 29 May 2008 19:03:41 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:
    >
    >> "Cuphea Ignea" wrote in message
    >>> "Sgt. Friday" wrote in message

    >>> He avoids GIMP like the plague because it does not have the name behind
    >>> them that PHOTOSHOP does.
    >>>

    >> Most likely he, like nearly most people, ignore GIMP because it has a
    >> retarded UI

    > People that start out on Gimp don't seem to think so.

    Like who? You? You have NO idea what a good interface is. GIMP has
    improved a LOT recently but lots of people dumped it in the early days
    because the UI was poorly thought out and incomprehensible.

    You really are clueless in these matters and should really stop
    supporting things you know nothing about.

  16. Re: Linux Market Share Facts

    On 2008-05-29, Gregory Shearman wrote:
    > On 2008-05-26, ZnU wrote:
    >> In article ,
    >> "Cuphea Ignea" wrote:
    >>
    >>> "ZnU" wrote in message

    >>> I tried to ignore the fact that you did not answer my question but I failed.
    >>> Features. Features. Do you not understand what I mean?

    >> It's useless. You want to compare bullet points. It doesn't work like
    >> that. Your response to George about CMYK is a perfect example. You've
    >> found a bullet point that says GIMP supports CMYK. But there's a huge
    >> difference between outputting CMYK and natively supporting it. You don't
    >> understand what that difference is, because you've barely got a clue
    >> what CMYK is for and have probably never worked with a CMYK image.
    >>

    > Printing on paper... now THERE'S a tiny niche market!!
    >
    > Are they still doing that?

    I print on paper all the time.

    I don't need Photoshop to do it.

    Most people don't.

    Most people that have a print shop print their stuff out for them
    will never see Photoshop and Phooshop will never be a part of the
    process that their stuff takes through the photo shop.

    --
    On the subject of kilobyte being "redefined" to mean 1000 bytes...

    When I was a wee lad, I was taught that SI units were |||
    meant to be computationally convenient rather than just / | \
    arbitrarily assigned.

  17. Re: Linux Market Share Facts

    On 2008-05-29, Tim Smith wrote:
    > In article ,
    > Gregory Shearman wrote:
    >> You give yourself away as an astroturfer with the phrase "not ready for
    >> primetime".
    >>
    >> Go troll somewhere else.
    >>
    >> If you don't use linux then why post here?

    > You are quite the idiot, if you think George is an astroturfer and ZnU
    > is using a Microsoft script. Maybe you should actually look at people's
    > posts before jumping to ridiculous conclusions.

    How amusing, coming from you...

    Go away.

    --
    Regards,