Barracuda CEO Dean Drako explains why his company is publically fighting Trend
Micro patent suit (video)

,----[ Quote ]
| It's unusual for companies engaged in patent litigation to comment on how the
| fight is going. But Barracuda Networks CEO Dean Drako has openly sought FOSS
| community support for his company's defense again a Trend Micro lawsuit that,
| while filed against his company, is really about ClamAV. We've written about
| this before, as have others. In this video, however, we'll let Dean tell you
| in his own words what's going on -- and why.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/135389?...=3&render=flat

More interesting stuff here:

Apple sued over Mighty Mouse

,----[ Quote ]
| Apple licensed the right to use the name Mighty Mouse from US broadcaster
| CBS, which owns the name through its rights to the 1940s cartoon show -
| Mighty Mouse.
`----

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2008/05...rademark_spat/

Related:

Trend Micro patent claim provokes FOSS community, leads to boycott

,----[ Quote ]
| Eben Moglen of the Software Freedom Law Center is aware of the case, and is
| considering a patent re-examination request or another intervention in the
| case. *
|
| Contacted by Linux.com, Barracuda's Drako acknowledged the array of reactions
| by saying, "We at Barracuda want to extend our thanks to the tremendous
| number of individuals who expressed support for our defending the use of
| ClamAV free and open source software, as well as to the community members
| that have submitted prior art." * *
|
| If Trend Micro hasn't already, it is about to find out that the case is about
| free software after all.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/126851

Call for action: Boycott Trend Micro

,----[ Quote ]
| Anti virus developer Trend Micro accused Barracuda Networks of patent
| infringement but what they really did was attacking the users of ClamAV free
| anti virus software with a bogus patent. *
`----

http://wiki.vrijschrift.org/Call_for...tt_Trend_Micro

When Patents Threaten Science

,----[ Quote ]