[News] At Over 2 Million Downloads, Funambol (AGPL) Starts Funambol Forge - Linux

  1. [News] At Over 2 Million Downloads, Funambol (AGPL) Starts Funambol Forge

    Open Source Mobile: Why Funambol is launching a New Forge

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Funambol, a provider of open source push email and PIM sync solutions for the
    | mass market, announced the launch of a new forge.
    |
    | The new Funambol forge will be a unique access point for Funambol-related
    | open source projects, resulting in a central collaboration site for
    | developers and community willing to share code and technical tips, as well as
    | downloading software and documentation.
    `----

    http://robertogaloppini.net/2008/05/...g-a-new-forge/

    Funambol Launches New Community Forge for Mobile Open Source Developers

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | “The new Funambol Forge is the result of the tremendous growth of the
    | Funambol community, that has seen the number of Funambol downloads exceed two
    | million,” commented Stefano Maffulli, new community manager at Funambol.
    `----

    http://opensourcepbx.tmcnet.com/topi...pen-source.htm

    Recent:

    Funambol Helps New AGPLv3 Open Source License Gain Formal OSI Approval

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | March 13, 2008 - Funambol, the leading provider of Mobile 2.0 messaging
    | software powered by open source, today announced that the AGPLv3 has received
    | formal approval by the Open Source Initiative (OSI). Funambol led the process
    | of the license's approval by the OSI after adopting AGPLv3 in November. It
    | was the first company to adopt the license, which closes the "ASP loophole".
    `----

    http://www.linuxpr.com/releases/10466.html

    AGPLv3 Keeps Open Source Vibrant in Age of SaaS

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | For all practical purposes, the AGPLv3 is a key advance for everyone involved
    | in open source, regardless of if you are a software developer, Internet end
    | user or enterprise end user. The AGPLv3 closes the ASP loophole and keeps the
    | freedom of open source software alive, in the age of SaaS and hosted
    | applications.
    `----

    https://fossbazaar.org/?q=content/ag...brant-age-saas

  2. Re: [News] At Over 2 Million Downloads, Funambol (AGPL) Starts Funambol Forge

    Roy Schestowitz espoused:

    > Open Source Mobile: Why Funambol is launching a New Forge
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    >| Funambol, a provider of open source push email and PIM sync solutions for the
    >| mass market, announced the launch of a new forge.
    >|
    >| The new Funambol forge will be a unique access point for Funambol-related
    >| open source projects, resulting in a central collaboration site for
    >| developers and community willing to share code and technical tips, as well as
    >| downloading software and documentation.
    > `----
    >
    > http://robertogaloppini.net/2008/05/...g-a-new-forge/

    I've been using scheduleworld and google calendar with great success
    recently. Funambol's push email is reputed to be good, and their outlook
    plugin for syncml is functional with scheduleworld. I use these in
    order to sync calendars with my Nokia 770s, 800 & Motorola A780 phone.
    We have a family calendar on google which everyone can easily get to,
    which has saved all manner of problems since we got it up and running.
    no1 son has found out how to sync his phone using his Apple Mac and
    whatever the calendar is on there which also syncs to Google calendar.

    Life is much better when vendor locks are broken.