CeBIT - Red Hat champions open source market education

,----[ Quote ]
| Open source vendor, Red Hat, is ramping up its education efforts to tackle a
| lack of understanding on how to adopt open source solutions.
`----

http://www.arnnet.com.au/index.php/id;1330640834

New Enhancements for Red Hat Enterprise Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| "From a functionally point of view, changes in 5.2 are not as big as 5.1,
| though it's more change in the total release -- it's more detailed
| optimization and more hardware enablement," Daniel Riek, product marketing
| manager for Red Hat Enterprise Linux, told InternetNews.com.
|
| On the virtualization front, RHEL 5.2 now provides support for virtualization
| on very large systems of up to 512 GB of memory and 64 CPUs. Virtualization
| power management is also a key part of the 5.2 release, with the ability to
| scale CPU frequency.
`----

http://www.internetnews.com/software...le.php/3748436

Recent:

Red Hat exec hits back at govt open source shyness

,----[ Quote ]
| A visiting Red Hat executive has said that wariness on the part of a number
| of government CIOs over adopting open source is not a reflection of
| Australia's tech savvy, but the result of a "lack of understanding" of the
| software and its community. *
`----

http://www.builderau.com.au/news/soa...0.htm?feed=rss
http://tinyurl.com/65vako

Red Hat taps Singapore schools for mindshare

,----[ Quote ]
| Red Hat said it expects to train some 1,000 students under this program by
| 2009.
`----

http://www.zdnetasia.com/news/softwa...?scid=rss_z_nw

Related:

Red Hat High 2007: Getting Started

,----[ Quote ]
| Today, Sunday, is the first day of Red Hat High, and I’m expecting 47 kids.
| It’s 4:00 in the afternoon, and orientation starts at 4:30. Of those 47 kids,
| how many have arrived so far? Three, that’s how many. *
`----

http://www.redhatmagazine.com/2007/0...tting-started/

Red Hat: Colleges Opening Doors Wide to Linux

,----[ Quote ]
`----