Former linux based Everex Cloudbook will now run Windows XP - Linux

This is a discussion on Former linux based Everex Cloudbook will now run Windows XP - Linux ; http://www.i4u.com/article17487.html Everex is offering a Cloudbook running Windows XP in Taiwan. Everex introduced the Cloudbook in the U.S. with gOS Linux in January. Apparently Everex (FIC) thinks it needs to also offer a Windows version of this low cost notebook ...

  1. Former linux based Everex Cloudbook will now run Windows XP

    http://www.i4u.com/article17487.html

    Everex is offering a Cloudbook running Windows XP in Taiwan. Everex
    introduced the Cloudbook in the U.S. with gOS Linux in January.

    Apparently Everex (FIC) thinks it needs to also offer a Windows version of
    this low cost notebook like Asus is doing. It could also be that Microsoft
    came knocking and offered a sweat deal.

  2. Re: Former linux based Everex Cloudbook will now run Windows XP

    On Thu, 22 May 2008 10:55:45 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:

    > http://www.i4u.com/article17487.html
    >

    > Everex is offering a Cloudbook running Windows XP in Taiwan. Everex
    > introduced the Cloudbook in the U.S. with gOS Linux in January.
    >
    > Apparently Everex (FIC) thinks it needs to also offer a Windows version of
    > this low cost notebook like Asus is doing. It could also be that Microsoft
    > came knocking and offered a sweat deal.

    Everex, Asus Eee, the OLPC, Redhat, Walmart and so forth have all figured
    out that Linux is pretty much the kiss of death if you want sustainable
    sales.

    After the inital rush of Linux loons dries up, the sales figures plummet
    and alternatives are needed.

    In the case of the OLPC they couldn't even give it away with Linux which is
    why they will be offering Windows.

    Redhat stopped producing desktop Linux for consumers because there is no
    market for it.

    See a pattern?

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: Former linux based Everex Cloudbook will now run Windows XP

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Ezekiel

    wrote
    <7fb8e$48358972$29637@news.teranews.com>:
    > http://www.i4u.com/article17487.html
    >

    > Everex is offering a Cloudbook running Windows XP in Taiwan. Everex
    > introduced the Cloudbook in the U.S. with gOS Linux in January.
    >
    > Apparently Everex (FIC) thinks it needs to also offer a Windows version of
    > this low cost notebook like Asus is doing. It could also be that Microsoft
    > came knocking and offered a sweat deal.

    I know I'm pikcing on a tyop, but the verbiage "sweat deal"
    is....interesting....to contemplate.

    :-)

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Linux. The choice of a GNU generation.
    Windows. The choice of a bunch of people who like very weird behavior on
    a regular basis, random crashes, and "extend, embrace, and extinguish".

  4. Re: Former linux based Everex Cloudbook will now run Windows XP

    * The Ghost In The Machine peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Ezekiel
    > on Thu, 22 May 2008 10:55:45 -0400
    > <7fb8e$48358972$29637@news.teranews.com>:
    >> http://www.i4u.com/article17487.html
    >>

    >> Apparently Everex (FIC) thinks it needs to also offer a Windows version of
    >> this low cost notebook like Asus is doing. It could also be that Microsoft
    >> came knocking and offered a sweat deal.
    >>

    > I know I'm pikcing on a tyop, but the verbiage "sweat deal"
    > is....interesting....to contemplate.

    I think he meant "sweaty" deal, as in a deal by Ballmer the Impaler.

    It's good to see Microsoft going back to their old, old habits of
    offering jack-cheap goods, only now they're doing it to keep their foot
    in the door, not just get their foot in the door.

    Amazing that it took Free Software to get them to this point, though.

    --
    It's possible, you can never know, that the universe exists only for me. If so,
    it's sure going well for me, I must admit.

  5. Re: Former linux based Everex Cloudbook will now run Windows XP

    Linonut wrote:

    >>> Apparently Everex (FIC) thinks it needs to also offer a Windows version of
    >>> this low cost notebook like Asus is doing. It could also be that Microsoft
    >>> came knocking and offered a sweat deal.
    >>>

    >> I know I'm pikcing on a tyop, but the verbiage "sweat deal"
    >> is....interesting....to contemplate.

    >I think he meant "sweaty" deal, as in a deal by Ballmer the Impaler.

    LOL

  6. Re: Former linux based Everex Cloudbook will now run Windows XP

    Micoshaft fraudster Ezekiel wrote on behalf of Half Wits from Micoshaft
    Corporation:

    > http://www.i4u.com/article17487.html
    >

    > Everex is offering a Cloudbook running Windows XP in Taiwan. Everex
    > introduced the Cloudbook in the U.S. with gOS Linux in January.

    Not much to see here. Linux could have run expee in virtual mode
    anyway with VirtualBox at any time without this announcement.

    WINDUMMIES POST WINDUMMY ISSUES TO LINUX NEWSGROUPS.

    Is that you Ezekiel?

  7. Re: Former linux based Everex Cloudbook will now run Windows XP

    On Thu, 22 May 2008 21:08:16 GMT, 7 wrote:

    > Micoshaft fraudster Ezekiel wrote on behalf of Half Wits from Micoshaft
    > Corporation:
    >
    >> http://www.i4u.com/article17487.html
    >>

    >> Everex is offering a Cloudbook running Windows XP in Taiwan. Everex
    >> introduced the Cloudbook in the U.S. with gOS Linux in January.

    > Not much to see here. Linux could have run expee in virtual mode
    > anyway with VirtualBox at any time without this announcement.
    >

    > WINDUMMIES POST WINDUMMY ISSUES TO LINUX NEWSGROUPS.
    >
    > Is that you Ezekiel?

    Are you illiterate mjcr?

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb