AMD Catalyst 8.5 For Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| The most interesting developments with this driver release are improved 2D
| performance and Catalyst AI, but Dynamic Kernel Module Support also goes a
| way into improving the installation experience for this proprietary driver
| and the Linux 2.6.25 support is needed for some of the newer Linux
| distributions.

Open graphics card available for preorder

,----[ Quote ]
| The Open Graphics Project has started accepting preorders for their OGD1, a
| graphics card with a completely open source design. This initial release is
| billed as a high-end FPGA prototyping kit specifically designed to test
| computer graphics architectures. The card has two DVI connectors, S-Video,
| 256MB RAM, and a 64bit PCI-X connector. The core of the system is a Xilinx
| Spartan-3 XC3S4000 FPGA. A nonvolatile Lattice XP10 FPGA is used to bootstrap
| the Xilinx at power up. Here's the layout of the specific components.

They ought to have it preloaded together with some of these gNewSense
(preinstalled) PCs.

LAC Now Shipping gNewSense 2.0 Systems (1 May 2008)

,----[ Quote ]
| gNewSense DeltaH was released today, and we are pleased to offer
| preconfigured Workstations, Portable Systems, ThinkCentres, Laptops, and
| Servers, as well as fully customized Core 2 Duo, Athlon 64, Xeon, and Opteron
| computers, preinstalled with the latest gNewSense GNU/Linux operating system.
| gNewSense is a GNU/Linux distribution that is listed as free by the GNU
| Project.

Project VGA Hopes To Ship Next Month

,----[ Quote ]
| Michael Meeuwisse of Project VGA, which spawned from the Open Graphics
| Project for creating a truly open-source graphics card, announced today at
| FOSDEM 2008 that next month he hopes to ship the first of his prototype
| graphics cards. However, before you get your hopes up, this is a very low-end *
| graphics card. The current Project VGA board has 16MB of SD RAM, Xilinx
| Spartan 3 s400 FPGA under 100MHz, and uses the PCI bus. * *

The Open Graphics Development Board

,----[ Quote ]
| Additional details are available on the Traversal Technology Product Page.

Project VGA

,----[ Quote ]
| Home of the Low Budget, Open Source, VGA Compatible video card

First Open Graphics board appears

,----[ Quote ]
| This project is on the basis that a GPU should not end up with
| tons of propriatary software or hardware, containing hidden
| problems that aren't mentioned to the press, and yet cause
| nervous breakdowns for developers worldwide.

Interview: Timothy Miller, Open Graphics Project

,----[ Quote ]
| The OGP grew rapidly after I first started it, and it's continued to
| grow gradually since then. Now, we have Traversal Technology and also
| the Open Hardware Foundation that's dedicated to the non-profit,
| community, and democratic aspects of the project. Our mailing list has
| over 500 members, including well-known Linux kernel hackers, 3D graphics
| experts, college professors, representatives of many other open
| source projects, hardware designers, and people who want to become
| hardware designers.

Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)

iD8DBQFINYWoU4xAY3RXLo4RAumOAJ9mGsJ08lvFxJ5kj9+sZJ wtwuw+LgCeI+p6