    - Wipe XP from your computers
    - Install Linux

  2. Re: How to cut off your nose to spite your face

    On 2008-05-22, DFS wrote:
    > - Wipe XP from your computers
    > - Install Linux

    My "nose" is just fine since wiping XP. Not running Windows
    anymore has given the relevant hardware a new lease on life
    since XP's allegedly superior power management didn't seem
    to be doing it any good.

    It was running itself hot (under XP) until it just shut
    itself down (probably at the BIOS level).

    --

    Linux: Because I don't want to push pretty buttons. |||
    I want the pretty buttons to push themelves. / | \

  3. Re: How to cut off your nose to spite your face

    On Thu, 22 May 2008 09:14:35 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > - Wipe XP from your computers
    > - Install Linux

    That's more like cutting off your testicles to prove a point to your
    girlfriend that you are not cheating.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  4. Re: How to cut off your nose to spite your face

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, JEDIDIAH

    wrote
    on Thu, 22 May 2008 08:41:08 -0500
    :
    > On 2008-05-22, DFS wrote:
    >> - Wipe XP from your computers
    >> - Install Linux

    > My "nose" is just fine since wiping XP. Not running Windows
    > anymore has given the relevant hardware a new lease on life
    > since XP's allegedly superior power management didn't seem
    > to be doing it any good.
    >
    > It was running itself hot (under XP) until it just shut
    > itself down (probably at the BIOS level).

    I should note here that slicking XP is the best way to
    ensure Microsoft still gets paid.

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Linux. The choice of a GNU generation.
    Windows. The choice of a bunch of people who like very weird behavior on
    a regular basis, random crashes, and "extend, embrace, and extinguish".