Re: Windows DreamScene released! - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: Windows DreamScene released! - Linux ; On Sep 25, 6:49 pm, "Tiberius" wrote: > http://windowsultimate.com/blogs/ann...2007/09/25/win ... > > In early July, I wrote about The Ultimate Team's intention to ship the > remaining promised Ultimate Extras (DreamScene and the remaining Language > Packs) by the end ...

  1. Re: Windows DreamScene released!

    On Sep 25, 6:49 pm, "Tiberius" wrote:
    > http://windowsultimate.com/blogs/ann...2007/09/25/win...
    >
    > In early July, I wrote about The Ultimate Team's intention to ship the
    > remaining promised Ultimate Extras (DreamScene and the remaining Language
    > Packs) by the end of the summer. Unfortunately summer never really came to
    > Seattle this year-so we missed our cue. That being said, we are pleased to
    > announce that Windows DreamScene is now available.
    >
    > As most of you already know, Windows DreamScene transforms your desktop from
    > a static wallpaper image into a full-motion video. In conjunction with
    > Stardock, we're pleased to also offer a number of cool, new animated
    > DreamScene desktops, including "Aurora". Additionally, you can use your own
    > videos as DreamScene desktops or visit Stardock's Dream.WinCustomize.com
    > website to download Stardock's DeskScapes (an add-on to DreamScene) as well
    > as a collection of fabulous content created by Stardock and members of the
    > Ultimate community.
    >
    > While we are excited about shipping DreamScene, the remaining 19 language
    > packs are, unfortunately, not yet ready for release. Recently we realized
    > that Ultimate customers who tried to install the language packs that shipped
    > earlier this year were experiencing an unacceptably high number of failures
    > during installation. We continue to make delivering the highest quality,
    > most secure Extras our top priority, and we will not ship any Extra until it
    > is absolutely ready. We know this is disappointing, and again we apologize,
    > but we are working hard to ensure that all of the remaining language packs
    > will be ready for release by the end of October.
    >
    > On a different topic, as the broad beta for Windows Vista SP1 nears, people
    > have noticed that the screen which welcomes customers to Windows Ultimate
    > Extras has changed. Our intent in making this change was simply to broaden
    > the definition in anticipation of a broader range of Ultimate Extras being
    > available in the future-that do not necessarily map to the original, narrow
    > definition.
    >
    > While I can understand how community sites and bloggers may have read the
    > new definition and assumed that Microsoft is not shipping any more Extras,
    > in reality the opposite is true. In addition to the remaining Language
    > Packs, we plan to ship a collection of additional Windows Ultimate Extras
    > that we are confident will delight our passionate Windows Vista Ultimate
    > customers. We will shed more light on these plans once the Language Packs
    > are finally dislodged from our delivery pipeline!
    >
    > Thanks for your patience and your continued support.
    >
    > I look forward to sharing more positive news in the near future.
    >
    > Barry Goffe
    > Director, Windows Vista Ultimate
    > Microsoft Corporation

    Is there a Linux version in the works?

  2. Re: Windows DreamScene released!

    linux can already do this.. so can macs..

    even XP can if you use winamp

    wrote in message
    news:1190761690.970743.285490@y42g2000hsy.googlegr oups.com...
> [...]
    >> being
    >> available in the future-that do not necessarily map to the original,
    >> narrow
    >> definition.
    >>
    >> While I can understand how community sites and bloggers may have read the
    >> new definition and assumed that Microsoft is not shipping any more
    >> Extras,
    >> in reality the opposite is true. In addition to the remaining Language
    >> Packs, we plan to ship a collection of additional Windows Ultimate Extras
    >> that we are confident will delight our passionate Windows Vista Ultimate
    >> customers. We will shed more light on these plans once the Language Packs
    >> are finally dislodged from our delivery pipeline!
    >>
    >> Thanks for your patience and your continued support.
    >>
    >> I look forward to sharing more positive news in the near future.

  3. Re: Windows DreamScene released!

    "Tiberius" wrote in message
    > linux can already do this.. so can macs..
    >
    > even XP can if you use winamp

    Winamp? How?

    ss.

  4. Re: Windows DreamScene released!

    http://www.eggheadcafe.com/software/...nimated-d.aspx

    you can also have video using BSplayer, and screensavers using other
    software.

    I have tried all this in the past.. but I dont even want a normal
    wallpaper.. I prefer a solid color. This eyecandy is interesting but you get
    bored of it after 4.6 seconds.

    "Synapse Syndrome" wrote in message
    > "Tiberius" wrote in message
    >> linux can already do this.. so can macs..
    >>
    >> even XP can if you use winamp

    > Winamp? How?
    >
    > ss.

  5. Re: Windows DreamScene released!

    "Tiberius" wrote in message
    > http://www.eggheadcafe.com/software/...nimated-d.aspx
    >
    > you can also have video using BSplayer, and screensavers using other
    > software.
    >

    > I have tried all this in the past.. but I dont even want a normal
    > wallpaper.. I prefer a solid color. This eyecandy is interesting but you
    > get bored of it after 4.6 seconds.

    Yeah, I cannot understand why anybody would be interested in DreamScene.

    ss.

+ Reply to Thread