Should Vista throw away Micoshaft (and run open source only)? - Linux

This is a discussion on Should Vista throw away Micoshaft (and run open source only)? - Linux ; Allow? Deny?...

  1. Should Vista throw away Micoshaft (and run open source only)?

    Allow? Deny?

  2. Re: Should Vista throw away Micoshaft (and run open source only)?

    7 wrote:
    > Allow? Deny?

    * you don't allow open source on your system when trying to make a living
    * you can't deny it

  3. Re: Should Vista throw away and go open source only

    High Plains Thumper wrote:

    > What does this have to do with the charter of this newsgroup?

    ha!

    Run HPT! Run! You get nailed on being a Windows developer/user by day and
    faux advocate by night, and all you can do is hide behind the "charter".

    In the meantime, Roy Spamowitz has posted at least 10,000 off-charter
    messages - you need to keep your netnanny eye on him.

    > The charter of comp.os.linux.advocacy is:
    >
    > For discussion of the benefits of Linux compared to other
    > operating systems.

    Why just the benefits? Are there no drawbacks to Linux?

    > You seem to have a hang up with people posting Linux advocacy.

    au contraire. If cola was actually about Linux advocacy I wouldn't have
    popped in. cola "advocates" are all about lying and anti-MS hatred.

  4. Re: Should Vista throw away and go open source only

    "DFS" writes:

    > High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >
    >> What does this have to do with the charter of this newsgroup?

    > ha!
    >
    > Run HPT! Run! You get nailed on being a Windows developer/user by day and
    > faux advocate by night, and all you can do is hide behind the
    > "charter".

    Poor old HPT. He really is dumber than a box of frogs.

    > In the meantime, Roy Spamowitz has posted at least 10,000 off-charter
    > messages - you need to keep your netnanny eye on him.
    >

    >> The charter of comp.os.linux.advocacy is:
    >>
    >> For discussion of the benefits of Linux compared to other
    >> operating systems.

    > Why just the benefits? Are there no drawbacks to Linux?

    Is he still posting that silly "charter"? What a maroon.

    >> You seem to have a hang up with people posting Linux advocacy.

    I can't remember when you ever posted anything positive about Linux. You
    just post "me toos" and paste other people's work.

    > au contraire. If cola was actually about Linux advocacy I wouldn't have
    > popped in. cola "advocates" are all about lying and anti-MS hatred.

    Yup. And HPT is the worst.

    --
    eat Depends: cook | eat-out.
    But eat-out is non-free so that's out.

  5. Re: Should Vista throw away and go open source only

    On Fri, 23 May 2008 08:33:25 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >
    >> What does this have to do with the charter of this newsgroup?

    > ha!
    >
    > Run HPT! Run! You get nailed on being a Windows developer/user by day and
    > faux advocate by night, and all you can do is hide behind the "charter".

    HPT is a loser.
    He has to be.
    He is Marti's boyfirend.

    > In the meantime, Roy Spamowitz has posted at least 10,000 off-charter
    > messages - you need to keep your netnanny eye on him.

    At least....
    And putting ]Rival] or some other such nonsense in front of the message
    doesn't excuse his off topic rants and lunacy.

    >> The charter of comp.os.linux.advocacy is:
    >>
    >> For discussion of the benefits of Linux compared to other
    >> operating systems.

    > Why just the benefits? Are there no drawbacks to Linux?

    Linux is only free when your time is also free.

    >> You seem to have a hang up with people posting Linux advocacy.

    > au contraire. If cola was actually about Linux advocacy I wouldn't have
    > popped in. cola "advocates" are all about lying and anti-MS hatred.

    Their are no Linux advocates in comp.os.linux.advocacy.
    Nothing but Microsoft haters in this group.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  6. Re: Should Vista throw away and go open source only

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

    ! Don Zeigler

  7. Re: Should DFS & Moshe throw away and go COLA Charter only

    Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    > DFS wrote:
    >> High Plains Thumper wrote:

    >>> What does this have to do with the charter of this
    >>> newsgroup?
    >>>
    >>> http://www.faqs.org/faqs/linux/advocacy/faq-and-primer/

    1.4 The Charter of comp.os.linux.advocacy

    >> ha! Run HPT! Run! You get nailed on being a Windows
    >> developer/user by day and faux advocate by night, and all
    >> you can do is hide behind the "charter".
    >
    > HPT is a loser. He has to be. He is Marti's boyfirend.

    Moshe demonstrates that he is PhlatPhish by his homophobic
    accusations:

    http://tinyurl.com/5hwppw

    From: Moshe Goldfarb [brick.n.straw@gmail.com]
    Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
    Subject: Re: I never liked the ReiserFS for one simple reason...
    Date: Sat, 3 May 2008 09:59:50 -0400

    High Plains Thumper (the name) sounds like some kind of a
    deranged effeminate cowboy that stepped right off Brokeback Mountain.

    >> In the meantime, Roy Spamowitz has posted at least 10,000
    >> off-charter messages - you need to keep your netnanny eye on
    >> him.

    Again he demonstrates that he is Phlatphish with his cyber
    stalking Roy.

    http://tinyurl.com/6hecfx

    Subject: Re: Roy Schestowitz
    Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 08:37:41 +0100

    > He has software that takes RSS feeds, sorts them, searches for
    > certain phrases, makes comments taken from a database and spits
    > out the stuff to every corner of the Internet.

    Unlike you - a troll with a chip on your shoulder who manually
    creates so much ****e aka anti-Roy spam that no-one, that's
    right, NO-ONE wants to read, that you've single-handedly reduced
    the appeal and effectiveness of a newsgroup.

    Please, go create another group and move to it. If you really
    have a voice someone wants to listen to, you'll get them moving
    over to it.

    You can get treatment for obsessive compulsive disorder you know!

    >>> The charter of comp.os.linux.advocacy is:
    >>>
    >>> For discussion of the benefits of Linux compared to other
    >>> operating systems.
    >>>
    >>> That single sentence is the one and only charter of the
    >>> newsgroup comp.os.linux.advocacy. The newsgroup's charter
    >>> is for the newsgroup as a place for supporters of Linux to
    >>> gather to discuss Linux, for the betterment of the Linux
    >>> community and the promotion and development of Linux. It
    >>> supports this as a place for those who would like to learn
    >>> more about Linux to come to learn from those who know
    >>> Linux. It does not call for it to be a place where the
    >>> anti-Linux propagandists to gather in order to discredit
    >>> Linux.

    >> Why just the benefits? Are there no drawbacks to Linux?

    Why does DFS not follow the charter? If he doesn't like it, find
    a newsgroup where his anti-Linux spiels are on topic?

    > Linux is only free when your time is also free.

    Interesting, but definitely not true.

    >>> You seem to have a hang up with people posting Linux
    >>> advocacy.

    >> au contraire. If cola was actually about Linux advocacy I
    >> wouldn't have popped in. cola "advocates" are all about
    >> lying and anti-MS hatred.

    New poster to comp.os.linux.advocacy tells profound truth about
    Moshe AKA Flatfish:

    http://tinyurl.com/6m6a8c

    Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy, alt.os.linux.ubuntu
    Subject: Re: [News] Red Hat Developer's Update on PulseAudio,
    Fedora Live CDs Interview
    Date: 11 Apr 2008 18:53:55 GMT

    > Dan, you're probably a nice guy, but we get a ton of "works for
    > me" crap in COLA and most times it's just people telling lies.

    Well sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not in COLA. I'm reading
    these posts in the Ubuntu group. The only reason they are going
    to COLA is because whomever started the thread had it crossposted
    there...and to Vista groups, which I removed because this has
    nothing to do with Vista.

    I'm NOT a Linux pusher, I still use Windows most of the time
    since I'd just installed Linux a few weeks ago, maybe a month+
    ago, and still checking out apps and learning Linux. There are
    things I like and things I don't like.

    Believe what you want to believe. It's painfully obvious that you
    are completely anti-Linux, just like some are completely anti-MS,
    and have such strong preconceived beliefs that it doesn't really
    matter what anyone says about any particular Linux item,
    everyone's a liar, and nothing works out-of-the-box.

    > Their are no Linux advocates in comp.os.linux.advocacy.
    > Nothing but Microsoft haters in this group.

    http://tinyurl.com/599u38

    Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy, alt.os.windows-xp,
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.general, alt.os.linux.ubuntu
    Subject: Re: how open source has influenced Windows Server 2008 ..
    Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 03:21:24 +0000 (UTC)

    Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    > Oh, I see you've met Redhat!!!
    > https://www.redhat.com/apps/store/server/

    Why do you continually crosspost to other newsgroups? Are you so
    desperate for attention? Is your aim to start flame wars between
    newsgroups? usenet used to be a relatively friendly place until
    the likes of you started abusing it.

    Your immature posting style says so much about your obvious lack
    of education / intelligence. I hope it is the former as that can
    be remedied.
    --
    HPT
    Quando omni flunkus moritati

  8. Re: Should DFS & Moshe throw away and go COLA Charter only

    On Mon, 26 May 2008 00:58:52 -0600, High Plains Thumper wrote:

> [...]

    >> Their are no Linux advocates in comp.os.linux.advocacy.
    >> Nothing but Microsoft haters in this group.

    > http://tinyurl.com/599u38
    >
    > Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy, alt.os.windows-xp,
    > microsoft.public.windows.vista.general, alt.os.linux.ubuntu
    > Subject: Re: how open source has influenced Windows Server 2008 ..
    > Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 03:21:24 +0000 (UTC)
    >
    > Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >

    > > Oh, I see you've met Redhat!!!
    > > https://www.redhat.com/apps/store/server/

    > Why do you continually crosspost to other newsgroups? Are you so
    > desperate for attention? Is your aim to start flame wars between
    > newsgroups? usenet used to be a relatively friendly place until
    > the likes of you started abusing it.
    >
    > Your immature posting style says so much about your obvious lack
    > of education / intelligence. I hope it is the former as that can

    So now you have confirmed that you are indeed a HOMO HPT.....

    Too bad for you....

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  9. Moshe Troll Alert - Baseless Homophobic Comment

    Moshe, Goldfarb. wrote: (note, troll added "," and "." to nym to
    throw off direct text searches)
> [...]

    >>> Nothing but Microsoft haters in this group.

    >> http://tinyurl.com/599u38
    >>
    >> Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy, alt.os.windows-xp,
    >> microsoft.public.windows.vista.general, alt.os.linux.ubuntu
    >> Subject: Re: how open source has influenced Windows Server
    >> 2008 .. Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 03:21:24 +0000 (UTC)
    >>
    >> Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >>

    >>> Oh, I see you've met Redhat!!!
    >>> https://www.redhat.com/apps/store/server/

    >> Why do you continually crosspost to other newsgroups? Are
    >> you so desperate for attention? Is your aim to start flame
    >> wars between newsgroups? usenet used to be a relatively
    >> friendly place until the likes of you started abusing it.
    >>
    >> Your immature posting style says so much about your obvious
    >> lack of education / intelligence. I hope it is the former as
    >> that can be remedied.

    > So now you have confirmed that you are indeed a HOMO HPT.....

    The problem with this troll is anyone who posts positive Linux
    material is labeled as above.

    Subject: 3.4 The nasty Troll

    If anyone does anything which will interfere with the
    troll's ability to cause mayhem, they can become very
    nasty, posting from obviously incorrect variations of the
    name etc. insults, call them netcops, netnannies,
    homosexuals.
    --
    HPT
    Quando omni flunkus moritati
    (If all else fails, play dead)
    - "Red" Green

  10. Re: Should DFS & Moshe throw away and go COLA Charter only