Re: McCain and Microsoft - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: McCain and Microsoft - Linux ; nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu wrote: > > John McCain told Wall Street Journal columnists...that he would select > individuals for his cabinet [like] Microsoft’s Steve Ballmer. > > Ballmer’s reputation for throwing chairs, sweaty theatrics on stage, > vowing to “kill Google,” and ...

  1. Re: McCain and Microsoft

    nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu wrote:

    > John McCain told Wall Street Journal columnists...that he would select
    > individuals for his cabinet [like] Microsoft’s Steve Ballmer.
    >
    > Ballmer’s reputation for throwing chairs, sweaty theatrics on stage,
    > vowing to “kill Google,” and his association of Linux with Communism
    > played into blogger Kara Swisher’s reply, “Steve Ballmer, Secretary of
    > State, right?” which elicited some laughs. McCain added, “How about
    > ambassador to China, that would be good.”

    Fsck me! Blammer? Near the button? I hope you yanks vote for Obama!

  2. Re: McCain and Microsoft

    ____/ Phil Da Lick! on Wednesday 21 May 2008 16:02 : \____

    > nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu wrote:
    >>
    >> John McCain told Wall Street Journal columnists...that he would select
    >> individuals for his cabinet [like] Microsoft’s Steve Ballmer.
    >>
    >> Ballmer’s reputation for throwing chairs, sweaty theatrics on stage,
    >> vowing to “kill Google,” and his association of Linux with Communism
    >> played into blogger Kara Swisher’s reply, “Steve Ballmer, Secretary of
    >> State, right?” which elicited some laughs. McCain added, “How about
    >> ambassador to China, that would be good.”

    > Fsck me! Blammer? Near the button? I hope you yanks vote for Obama!

    Why would they want to 'hire' the guy who sinks one ship to run another? Oh, I
    guess that corrupt minds think alike and get along.

    5 Ways in which Bush is like Ballmer

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | * No matter how much Bush screws his people, he is still
    | president! == No matter how much Ballmer screws his customers,
    | MS is still popular.
    |
    | * Bush talks a lot. He is able to make people see non-existent weapons.
    | == Ballmer was actually operated on for talking too much...
    |
    | * Bush rules his people by FUD... == Ballmer wins market
    | share by FUD. Telling users that Linux is communism and that open
    | source does not have technical support and its insecure.
    |
    | * Bush takes advantage of moments of grief to further his fascism... ==
    | Microsoft takes advantage of suffering children in developing
    | countries...
    |
    | * Bush is obsessed with national security... == Microsoft is
    | obsessed with a one size fits all frenzy...
    `----

    http://findsecrets.blogspot.com/2006...e-ballmer.html

    Expired.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Useless fact: Falsity implies anything

  3. Re: McCain and Microsoft

    * Phil Da Lick! peremptorily fired off this memo:

    http://www.dictatorofthemonth.com/Kr..._that_rage.jpg

    http://infoservices.uwindsor.ca/ils/...e_ballmer2.jpg

    --
    We are not even close to finishing the basic dream of what the PC can be.
    -- Bill Gates

  4. Re: McCain and Microsoft

    On May 21, 8:53 am, Linonut wrote:
    > * Phil Da Lick! peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    > > ness...@wigner.berkeley.edu wrote:
    > >>
    > >> John McCain told Wall Street Journal columnists...that he would select
    > >> individuals for his cabinet [like] Microsoft’s Steve Ballmer.

    > >> Ballmer’s reputation for throwing chairs, sweaty theatrics on stage,
    > >> vowing to “kill Google,” and his association of Linux with Communism
    > >> played into blogger Kara Swisher’s reply, “Steve Ballmer, Secretaryof
    > >> State, right?” which elicited some laughs. McCain added, “How about
    > >> ambassador to China, that would be good.”

    > > Fsck me! Blammer? Near the button? I hope you yanks vote for Obama!

    > http://www.dictatorofthemonth.com/Kr..._that_rage.jpg
    >
    > http://infoservices.uwindsor.ca/ils/...e_ballmer2.jpg
    >
    > --
    > We are not even close to finishing the basic dream of what the PC can be.
    > -- Bill Gates

    I've been reading about Khrushchev lately, in a biography of Stalin
    (forget the author). During the purges he was up to his ears in
    murder, along with most of the other close colleagues of Stalin. The
    book says it's hard to detail exactly what he did, however, since he
    saw to it that lots of documents were destroyed after he took power,
    and his memoirs whitewash that era. He must have regretted his
    actions later, since he denounced Stalin and his tactics in his famous
    address to the party congress after Stalin's death. He also instituted
    (by Soviet standards) a sort of a liberal relaxation after he came to
    power.

  5. Re: McCain and Microsoft

    On Wed, 21 May 2008 16:02:23 +0100, Phil Da Lick! wrote:

    > nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu wrote:
    >>
    >> John McCain told Wall Street Journal columnists...that he would select
    >> individuals for his cabinet [like] Microsoft˙s Steve Ballmer.
    >>
    >> Ballmer˙s reputation for throwing chairs, sweaty theatrics on stage,
    >> vowing to ´kill Google,ˇ and his association of Linux with Communism
    >> played into blogger Kara Swisher˙s reply, ´Steve Ballmer, Secretary of
    >> State, right?ˇ which elicited some laughs. McCain added, ´How about
    >> ambassador to China, that would be good.ˇ

    > Fsck me! Blammer? Near the button? I hope you yanks vote for Obama!

    Not a chance for me.
    But the masses unfortunately are mesmerized by Obama and his nebulous
    speeches.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  6. Re: McCain and Microsoft

    nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu espoused:
    > On May 21, 8:53 am, Linonut wrote:
    >> * Phil Da Lick! peremptorily fired off this memo:

    >> > Fsck me! Blammer? Near the button? I hope you yanks vote for Obama!

    >> http://www.dictatorofthemonth.com/Kr..._that_rage.jpg
    >>
    >> http://infoservices.uwindsor.ca/ils/...e_ballmer2.jpg
    >>
    >> --
    >> We are not even close to finishing the basic dream of what the PC can be.
    >> -- Bill Gates

    > I've been reading about Khrushchev lately, in a biography of Stalin
    > (forget the author). During the purges he was up to his ears in
    > murder, along with most of the other close colleagues of Stalin. The
    > book says it's hard to detail exactly what he did, however, since he
    > saw to it that lots of documents were destroyed after he took power,
    > and his memoirs whitewash that era. He must have regretted his
    > actions later, since he denounced Stalin and his tactics in his famous
    > address to the party congress after Stalin's death. He also instituted
    > (by Soviet standards) a sort of a liberal relaxation after he came to
    > power.

    The trouble with murder is that you cannot undo it. This is the
    fundamental reason why I oppose the death penalty. Death leaves no
    margin for error. Of course, I also have a moral objection, too!