[News] [Rival] Microsoft Destroys the Web Every Time It Touches It - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] [Rival] Microsoft Destroys the Web Every Time It Touches It - Linux ; Microsoft’s Internet Atrocities ,----[ Quote ] | Unfortunately, however, Microsoft has lived up to its name as a poor-quality | company when you consider their internet contributions. I consider | Microsoft’s internet-related products as absolute atrocities that may have | ...

  1. [News] [Rival] Microsoft Destroys the Web Every Time It Touches It

    Microsoft’s Internet Atrocities

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Unfortunately, however, Microsoft has lived up to its name as a poor-quality
    | company when you consider their internet contributions. I consider
    | Microsoft’s internet-related products as absolute atrocities that may have
    | set us back more than they’ve pushed us forward.
    |
    | [...]
    |
    | Internet Explorer x.x
    |
    | [...]
    |
    | FrontPage
    |
    | [...]
    |
    | IIS Server
    |
    | [...]
    |
    | ActiveX
    `----

    http://bludice.com/microsofts-internet-atrocities/

    Microsoft is not interested in improving the Web. It is interested in *owning*
    it and making cash.

    Related:

    Silverlight is about The Microsoft Web.

    http://talkback.zdnet.com/5208-11406...ssageID=613757

    ,----[ Quote ]

    `----

    http://www.iowaconsumercase.org/011607/2000/PX02991.pdf

    Vista to give HD Photo format more exposure

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Microsoft is looking to supplant the ubiquitous JPEG with an image format
    | of its own--and it's hoping the debut of Windows Vista will help do the
    | job.
    `----

    http://news.com.com/Vista+to+give+HD...3-6153730.html

    ECIS Accuses Microsoft of Plotting HTML Hijack

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | An industry coalition that has represented competitors of Microsoft
    | in European markets before the European Commission stepped up its
    | public relations offensive this morning, this time accusing
    | Microsoft of scheming to upset HTML's place in the fabric of
    | the Internet with XAML, an XML-based layout lexicon forn
    | etwork applications.
    `----

    http://www.betanews.com/article/ECIS...ack/1169824569

  2. Re: [Rival] Microsoft Destroys the Web Every Time It Touches It

    On Sep 25, 3:54 pm, Roy Schestowitz
    wrote:
    > Microsoft's Internet Atrocities
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | Unfortunately, however, Microsoft has lived up to its name as a poor-quality
    > | company when you consider their internet contributions. I consider
    > | Microsoft's internet-related products as absolute atrocities that may have
    > | set us back more than they've pushed us forward.
    > |
    > | [...]
    > |
    > | Internet Explorer x.x
    > |
    > | [...]
    > |
    > | FrontPage
    > |
    > | [...]
    > |
    > | IIS Server
    > |
    > | [...]
    > |
    > | ActiveX
    > `----
    >
    > http://bludice.com/microsofts-internet-atrocities/
    >
    > Microsoft is not interested in improving the Web. It is interested in *owning*
    > it and making cash.
    >
    > Related:
    >
    > Silverlight is about The Microsoft Web.
    >
    > http://talkback.zdnet.com/5208-11406...hreadID=33334&...
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]

    This is OFF TOPIC for comp.os.linux.advocacy Roy Schestowitz.
    It belongs in a Vista group.

  3. Re: [Rival] Microsoft Destroys the Web Every Time It Touches It

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, gooseborg@gmail.com

    wrote
    on Tue, 25 Sep 2007 14:32:41 -0700
    <1190755961.108642.151870@w3g2000hsg.googlegroups.c om>:

    [snippage]

    > This is OFF TOPIC for comp.os.linux.advocacy Roy Schestowitz.
    > It belongs in a Vista group.

    Yes sir, Mister Netcop sir. We'll do our best sir. Please
    don't taze me sir...*bbbzzzzzzzzzzittt*...OWWWWWWWWWW....

    :-P

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    /dev/signature: No such file or directory

  4. Re: [Rival] Microsoft Destroys the Web Every Time It Touches It

    newspkos4-kvl.ln1@sirius.tg00suus7038.net...
    > In comp.os.linux.advocacy, gooseborg@gmail.com
    >
    > wrote
    > on Tue, 25 Sep 2007 14:32:41 -0700
    > <1190755961.108642.151870@w3g2000hsg.googlegroups.c om>:
    >
    > [snippage]
    >
    >> This is OFF TOPIC for comp.os.linux.advocacy Roy Schestowitz.
    >> It belongs in a Vista group.
    >>

    > Yes sir, Mister Netcop sir. We'll do our best sir. Please
    > don't taze me sir...*bbbzzzzzzzzzzittt*...OWWWWWWWWWW....

    Don't taze me bro!

    *bbbzzzzzzzzzzittt*...OWWWWWWWWWW....

  5. Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Destroys the Web Every Time It Touches It

    ____/ The Ghost In The Machine on Wednesday 26 September 2007 16:51 : \____

    > It's all a means to an end anyway. Â*What is the Web,
    > really? Â*The browser is a standardized fat client --
    > and it's getting fatter. Â*The server's an extensible
    > event-oriented processing engine -- the events being GET,
    > POST, and PUT requests, with various payloads, responses,
    > and payload interpretations, depending on context.

    Yes, Microsoft knows this. So, for delivery you suddenly have Exhcnage and
    SharePoint, which complicate things. Then you have REST for SOA. All
    proprietary.

    Then you have the /content/ delivered.... XAML/WPF, HD, OOXML, XPS...

    Microsoft has a plan. It want to hijack/replace the Web with something it
    controls and owns. Better get that Windows, eh? Or fight the abusive monopoly,
    which is /buying/ companies in order to support it's nasty strategy. That
    includes Novell, BTW...

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Useless fact: Digits 772-777 of Pi are 999999
    Mem: 515500k total, 444296k used, 71204k free, 2392k buffers

  6. Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Destroys the Web Every Time It Touches It

    On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 06:06:23 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Microsoft has recently admitted that poor support for standard was deliberate.
    > This is not surprising if you read some of Microsoft leaked memos (and
    > antitrust exhibits).

    What? Why do you feel the need to lie about things like this?

    >> [3] IE now allows competition, mostly because it had to,
    >> not because it wanted to. Mozilla's usage is now up
    >> to over 20% by a number of accounts.

    > I still believe that's partly because Microsoft tried to freeze advancement in
    > Web browser technology. The Web was a threat to Microsoft's desktop apps,
    > which only ran on Windows. When Microsoft elbowed Netscape (illegally) it sent
    > its IE developers to the refrigerator (or Maui). That's why competition is
    > needed. We could have that Ajax and Web 2.0 hype over 5 years ago.

    We *DID* have AJAX 5 years ago, And guess what? Itw as invented by
    Microsoft. It just wasn't aclled AJAX then, it was just a technique
    Microsoft used in Hotmail that others, including Google, copied.

  7. Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Destroys the Web Every Time It Touches It

    On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 15:48:10 -0500, Erik Funkenbusch wrote:

    > We *DID* have AJAX 5 years ago, And guess what? Itw as invented by
    > Microsoft. It just wasn't aclled AJAX then, it was just a technique
    > Microsoft used in Hotmail that others, including Google, copied.

    If I recall, Microsoft *bought* hotmail. So it's not Microsoft
    that invented it.

  8. Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Destroys the Web Every Time It TouchesIt

    Verily I say unto thee, that Bob Tennent spake thusly:
    > On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 15:48:10 -0500, Erik Funkenbusch wrote:
    >
    >> We *DID* have AJAX 5 years ago, And guess what? Itw as invented by
    >> Microsoft. It just wasn't aclled AJAX then, it was just a
    >> technique Microsoft used in Hotmail that others, including Google,
    >> copied.

    > If I recall, Microsoft *bought* hotmail. So it's not Microsoft that
    > invented it.

    But that's what "invented" means, Shirley - "to buy, steal, copy, or
    otherwise assimilate", according to the Microsoft pocket dictionary.

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    | "OOXML is a superb standard"
    | - GNU/Linux traitor, Miguel de Icaza.
    `----

    23:30:58 up 48 days, 22:25, 2 users, load average: 1.29, 0.80, 0.51

  9. Re: [Rival] Microsoft Destroys the Web Every Time It Touches It

    On Sep 26, 2:56 pm, Bob Tennent wrote:
    > On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 15:48:10 -0500, Erik Funkenbusch wrote:
    >
    > > We *DID* have AJAX 5 years ago, And guess what? Itw as invented by
    > > Microsoft. It just wasn't aclled AJAX then, it was just a technique
    > > Microsoft used in Hotmail that others, including Google, copied.

    > If I recall, Microsoft *bought* hotmail. So it's not Microsoft
    > that invented it.

    Yes the did... have a look at wikipedia:

    "Although the term Ajax was coined in 2005, most of the technologies
    that enable Ajax started a decade earlier with Microsoft's initiatives
    in developing Remote Scripting."

    --
    Tom Shelton

  10. Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Destroys the Web Every Time It Touches It

    On 26 Sep 2007 20:56:19 GMT, Bob Tennent wrote:

    > On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 15:48:10 -0500, Erik Funkenbusch wrote:
    >
    > > We *DID* have AJAX 5 years ago, And guess what? Itw as invented by
    > > Microsoft. It just wasn't aclled AJAX then, it was just a technique
    > > Microsoft used in Hotmail that others, including Google, copied.

    > If I recall, Microsoft *bought* hotmail. So it's not Microsoft
    > that invented it.

    Oh, yes, of course, and MS never did anything to change it in the 10 years
    since then. Here's a hint. They bought Hotmail 10 years ago. AJAX showed
    up in hotmail 6 or 7 years ago. I wonder how that happened?

+ Reply to Thread