Microsoft to *pay* users to use their product! (I like it!) - Linux

This is a discussion on Microsoft to *pay* users to use their product! (I like it!) - Linux ; Another wise move by MSFT. Baksheesh pays, amigos! I am one pleased shareholder. RL Microsoft to Launch Cashback Service Microsoft hopes to make gains on Google in the lucrative business of Internet search through a new service that pays consumers ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 47

  1. Microsoft to *pay* users to use their product! (I like it!)

    Another wise move by MSFT. Baksheesh pays, amigos! I am one pleased
    shareholder.

    RL

    Microsoft to Launch Cashback Service
    Microsoft hopes to make gains on Google in the lucrative business of
    Internet search through a new service that pays consumers who buy
    items they find through the software company's search service.

  2. Re: Microsoft to *pay* users to use their product! (I like it!)

    raylopez99 wrote:
    > Another wise move by MSFT. Baksheesh pays, amigos! I am one pleased
    > shareholder.
    >
    > RL
    >
    > Microsoft to Launch Cashback Service
    > Microsoft hopes to make gains on Google in the lucrative business of
    > Internet search through a new service that pays consumers who buy
    > items they find through the software company's search service.

    desperate tactic

  3. Re: Microsoft to *pay* users to use their product! (I like it!)

    Phil Da Lick! wrote:

    >> Microsoft to Launch Cashback Service
    >> Microsoft hopes to make gains on Google in the lucrative business of
    >> Internet search through a new service that pays consumers who buy
    >> items they find through the software company's search service.

    >desperate tactic

    Or an attempt to get more of everyone's personal information...

  4. Re: Microsoft to *pay* users to use their product! (I like it!)

    chrisv wrote:
    > Phil Da Lick! wrote:
    >
    >>> Microsoft to Launch Cashback Service
    >>> Microsoft hopes to make gains on Google in the lucrative business of
    >>> Internet search through a new service that pays consumers who buy
    >>> items they find through the software company's search service.

    >> desperate tactic

    > Or an attempt to get more of everyone's personal information...

    Yeah possibly. Never thought of that. Doesn't matter to me because I
    won't be using it.

  5. Re: Microsoft to *pay* users to use their product! (I like it!)

    Phil Da Lick! wrote:

    > I don't hate M$. I hate their business practices. I see them more or
    > less as a neccessary evil.

    Necessary so Linux "advocates" like you can make a living and support the
    nightly whine-on-cola habits.

    > Some of their stuff is quite good, visual
    > studio 2008 in particular is a joy to work with.

    What coding errors did you make in your previous USB / Win32 API whine,
    pinhead?

  6. Re: Microsoft to *pay* users to use their product! (I like it!)

    Hadron wrote:
    > "Phil Da Lick!" writes:

    >> less as a neccessary evil. Some of their stuff is quite good, visual
    >> studio 2008 in particular is a joy to work with.

    > Most people hate it.

    Sez who?

  7. Re: Microsoft to *pay* users to use their product! (I like it!)

    "DFS" writes:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >> "Phil Da Lick!" writes:

    >>> less as a neccessary evil. Some of their stuff is quite good, visual
    >>> studio 2008 in particular is a joy to work with.

    >> Most people hate it.

    > Sez who?

    Sez COLA.

    --
    Do people like check the Debian website every 5 minutes to check it hasn't
    morphed into another one? Not that I'm one to talk, but some people seriously

  8. Re: Microsoft to *pay* users to use their product! (I like it!)

    DFS wrote:
    >> Some of their stuff is quite good, visual
    >> studio 2008 in particular is a joy to work with.

    > What coding errors did you make in your previous USB / Win32 API whine,
    > pinhead?

    Basic mistake as it turns out. I was using the wrong filename. Once I
    actually used the right filename for the port it turned out fine and
    worked a treat.

    I don't know *what* I was thinking hoping for some kind of enumeration
    or lookup function for the port name. It's blindingly obvious really.

    Oh, by the way the filename in question for the EnumPorts() returned
    port listed as "USB001" was:
    "\\?\usb#vid_067b&pid_2305#5&114fa6f6&0&1#{28d78fad-5a12-11d1-ae5b-0000f803a8c2}"

    Bit of a giveaway really wasn't it? No function to look it up required!
    No documentation on how to look it up required either on something so
    simple!

    Obviously the actual filename changes each time the adaptor is plugged
    into a different USB port as well.

    Draw your own conclusions. Not even a retard fudmeister such as yourself
    should have any trouble joining the dots on this one.

  9. Re: Microsoft to *pay* users to use their product! (I like it!)

    "Phil Da Lick!" writes:

    > DFS wrote:
    >>> Some of their stuff is quite good, visual
    >>> studio 2008 in particular is a joy to work with.

    >> What coding errors did you make in your previous USB / Win32 API
    >> whine, pinhead?

    > Basic mistake as it turns out. I was using the wrong filename. Once I
    > actually used the right filename for the port it turned out fine and
    > worked a treat.
    >
    > I don't know *what* I was thinking hoping for some kind of enumeration
    > or lookup function for the port name. It's blindingly obvious really.
    >
    > Oh, by the way the filename in question for the EnumPorts() returned
    > port listed as "USB001" was:
    > "\\?\usb#vid_067b&pid_2305#5&114fa6f6&0&1#{28d78fad-5a12-11d1-ae5b-0000f803a8c2}"
    >
    > Bit of a giveaway really wasn't it? No function to look it up
    > required! No documentation on how to look it up required either on
    > something so simple!
    >
    > Obviously the actual filename changes each time the adaptor is plugged
    > into a different USB port as well.
    >
    > Draw your own conclusions. Not even a retard fudmeister such as
    > yourself should have any trouble joining the dots on this one.

    And yet you were crayoning over the newly painted white walls for
    ages. Hindsight is a wonderful skill to have. You will go far.

  10. Re: Microsoft to *pay* users to use their product! (I like it!)

    Hadron wrote:

    >>> What coding errors did you make in your previous USB / Win32 API
    >>> whine, pinhead?

    >> Basic mistake as it turns out. I was using the wrong filename. Once I
    >> actually used the right filename for the port it turned out fine and
    >> worked a treat.
    >>
    >> I don't know *what* I was thinking hoping for some kind of enumeration
    >> or lookup function for the port name. It's blindingly obvious really.
    >>
    >> Oh, by the way the filename in question for the EnumPorts() returned
    >> port listed as "USB001" was:
    >> "\\?\usb#vid_067b&pid_2305#5&114fa6f6&0&1#{28d78fad-5a12-11d1-ae5b-0000f803a8c2}"
    >>
    >> Bit of a giveaway really wasn't it? No function to look it up
    >> required! No documentation on how to look it up required either on
    >> something so simple!
    >>
    >> Obviously the actual filename changes each time the adaptor is plugged
    >> into a different USB port as well.
    >>
    >> Draw your own conclusions. Not even a retard fudmeister such as
    >> yourself should have any trouble joining the dots on this one.

    > And yet you were crayoning over the newly painted white walls for
    > ages. Hindsight is a wonderful skill to have. You will go far.

    WTF are you blathering about now? Can you read? You seem to have
    understanding issues.

  11. Re: Microsoft to *pay* users to use their product! (I like it!)

    "Phil Da Lick!" writes:

    > Hadron wrote:

    >>> Basic mistake as it turns out. I was using the wrong filename. Once I
    >>> actually used the right filename for the port it turned out fine and
    >>> worked a treat.
    >>>
    >>> I don't know *what* I was thinking hoping for some kind of enumeration
    >>> or lookup function for the port name. It's blindingly obvious really.
    >>>
    >>> Oh, by the way the filename in question for the EnumPorts() returned
    >>> port listed as "USB001" was:
    >>> "\\?\usb#vid_067b&pid_2305#5&114fa6f6&0&1#{28d78fad-5a12-11d1-ae5b-0000f803a8c2}"
    >>>
    >>> Bit of a giveaway really wasn't it? No function to look it up
    >>> required! No documentation on how to look it up required either on
    >>> something so simple!
    >>>
    >>> Obviously the actual filename changes each time the adaptor is plugged
    >>> into a different USB port as well.
    >>>
    >>> Draw your own conclusions. Not even a retard fudmeister such as
    >>> yourself should have any trouble joining the dots on this one.

    >> And yet you were crayoning over the newly painted white walls for
    >> ages. Hindsight is a wonderful skill to have. You will go far.

    > WTF are you blathering about now? Can you read? You seem to have
    > understanding issues.

    So you now deny you had problems which were in effect almost non issues
    and were very easy to solve?

    It seems you have an almost HPT tendency to wriggle and twist having
    been pointed out the errors of your ways.

    --
    - "Thats what I have been saying for 5 years. Consumers are tired, they
    want something new and more exciting."

  12. Re: Microsoft to *pay* users to use their product! (I like it!)

    Hadron wrote:
    > "Phil Da Lick!" writes:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:

    >>> And yet you were crayoning over the newly painted white walls for
    >>> ages. Hindsight is a wonderful skill to have. You will go far.

    >> WTF are you blathering about now? Can you read? You seem to have
    >> understanding issues.

    > So you now deny you had problems which were in effect almost non issues
    > and were very easy to solve?

    Provide EnumPorts() win api function to enumerate the ports on a given
    system. Provide USBMON.DLL system component to provide access to virtual
    ports across USB interfaces. Allow EnumPorts() to return reference to
    installed virtual USB ports exposed by USBMON.DLL. Do not allow
    CreateFile() to succeed on name of port as outlined above. Provide no
    documentation or lookup to translate virtual port name to acutal
    required file name.

    Seems like MS are the ones having (MAKING) problems with non issues that
    should be easy to solve.

    As it happens the solution to this problem is also not officially
    documented by MS, it was solved by some guy hacking around in the
    internals on a level that a win32 user mode program should never have to do.

    As I said in the previous post regarding this issue: half-arsed.

    > It seems you have an almost HPT tendency to wriggle and twist having
    > been pointed out the errors of your ways.

    It seems you have a repeated tendancy toward comprehension issues. Or is
    that your MS-love blinkers getting in the way again?

  13. Re: Microsoft to *pay* users to use their product! (I like it!)

    Hadron wrote:
    >> No. You pretty much confirmed what you said. You do that a lot, I've
    >> noticed.

    > Erm yes. I said you hate MS and you have confirmed it. Do try and keep
    > up.

    And what exactly do you think that means?

  14. Re: Microsoft to *pay* users to use their product! (I like it!)

    "Phil Da Lick!" writes:

    > Hadron wrote:

    >>> WTF are you blathering about now? Can you read? You seem to have
    >>> understanding issues.

    >> So you now deny you had problems which were in effect almost non issues
    >> and were very easy to solve?

    > Provide EnumPorts() win api function to enumerate the ports on a given
    > system. Provide USBMON.DLL system component to provide access to
    > virtual ports across USB interfaces. Allow EnumPorts() to return
    > reference to installed virtual USB ports exposed by USBMON.DLL. Do not
    > allow CreateFile() to succeed on name of port as outlined
    > above. Provide no documentation or lookup to translate virtual port
    > name to acutal required file name.
    >
    > Seems like MS are the ones having (MAKING) problems with non issues
    > that should be easy to solve.

    And yet you explained what was wrong earlier. Your fault.

    > As it happens the solution to this problem is also not officially
    > documented by MS, it was solved by some guy hacking around in the
    > internals on a level that a win32 user mode program should never have
    > to do.

    Sure.

    > As I said in the previous post regarding this issue: half-arsed.
    >

    >> It seems you have an almost HPT tendency to wriggle and twist having
    >> been pointed out the errors of your ways.

    > It seems you have a repeated tendancy toward comprehension issues. Or
    > is that your MS-love blinkers getting in the way again?

    MS Love? Huh? Its you programming MS here. Its you who likes VS. You're
    not HPT are you? You sound as stupid and hypocritical.

    --
    "I program Windows systems yes. But I am not a Windows user."
    Peter Koehlmann, COLA.

  15. Re: Microsoft to *pay* users to use their product! (I like it!)

    "Phil Da Lick!" writes:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >>> No. You pretty much confirmed what you said. You do that a lot, I've
    >>> noticed.

    >> Erm yes. I said you hate MS and you have confirmed it. Do try and keep
    >> up.
    >>

    > And what exactly do you think that means?

    Erm, that you hate MS. Which bit confuses you?

    --
    "I program Windows systems yes. But I am not a Windows user."
    Peter Koehlmann, COLA.

  16. Re: Microsoft to *pay* users to use their product! (I like it!)

    > Hadron quacked:
    >>
    >> Erm yes. I said you hate MS and you have confirmed it.

    You want to know what I hate, Quack? I hate snotty lying assholes, like
    you.

  17. Re: Microsoft to *pay* users to use their product! (I like it!)

    chrisv writes:

    >> Hadron quacked:
    >>>
    >>> Erm yes. I said you hate MS and you have confirmed it.

    > You want to know what I hate, Quack? I hate snotty lying assholes, like
    > you.

    I don't really care what you like. You're a foul mouthed arsehole who is
    in more killfiles than Roy and Mark Kent combined. No one gives a
    monkey's uncle about you or your (almost non existent) "views". All you
    do is swear and make an idiot for yourself.

    Have a nice day now.

    --
    You will not censor me through bug terrorism.
    -- James Troup

  18. Re: Microsoft to *pay* users to use their product! (I like it!)

    > And yet you explained what was wrong earlier. Your fault.

    I should have realised that the port name returned by the correct win32
    api func couldn't be trusted to be right. In that sense, it was my
    fault. In reality, it's the piss-poor implementation at fault.

  19. Re: Microsoft to *pay* users to use their product! (I like it!)

    Hadron wrote:

    >>> Erm yes. I said you hate MS and you have confirmed it. Do try and keep
    >>> up.
    >>>

    >> And what exactly do you think that means?

    > Erm, that you hate MS. Which bit confuses you?

    The bit where you think you've actually proven something. It's well
    known in here that I dislike M$. I also dislike cabbage. What
    conclusions are you going to draw from that?!

  20. Re: Microsoft to *pay* users to use their product! (I like it!)

    "Phil Da Lick!" writes:

    > Hadron wrote:

    >>> And what exactly do you think that means?

    >> Erm, that you hate MS. Which bit confuses you?
    >>

    > The bit where you think you've actually proven something. It's well
    > known in here that I dislike M$. I also dislike cabbage. What
    > conclusions are you going to draw from that?!

    None really. But for some reason you seemed to want to argue about you
    hating MS: I have no idea why since you have constantly repeated it.

    --
    "Ignore the forging nym-shifting troll who pretends to be chrisv! I'm the *REAL* chrisv!"
    chrisv, COLA.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast