Microsoft to *pay* users to use their product! (I like it!) - Linux

This is a discussion on Microsoft to *pay* users to use their product! (I like it!) - Linux ; Phil Da Lick! wrote: >The bit where you think you've actually proven something. It's well >known in here that I dislike M$. I also dislike cabbage. What >conclusions are you going to draw from that?! Really. It's well-known that the ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 47

Thread: Microsoft to *pay* users to use their product! (I like it!)

  1. Re: Microsoft to *pay* users to use their product! (I like it!)

    Phil Da Lick! wrote:

    >The bit where you think you've actually proven something. It's well
    >known in here that I dislike M$. I also dislike cabbage. What
    >conclusions are you going to draw from that?!


    Really. It's well-known that the Quack asshole dislikes freedom and
    choice. That's just what it is.


  2. Re: Microsoft to *pay* users to use their product! (I like it!)

    Hadron wrote:
    > "Phil Da Lick!" writes:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:
    >>> "Phil Da Lick!" writes:
    >>>
    >>>> Hadron wrote:
    >>>>>> No. You pretty much confirmed what you said. You do that a lot, I've
    >>>>>> noticed.
    >>>>> Erm yes. I said you hate MS and you have confirmed it. Do try and keep
    >>>>> up.
    >>>>>
    >>>> And what exactly do you think that means?
    >>> Erm, that you hate MS. Which bit confuses you?
    >>>

    >> The bit where you think you've actually proven something. It's well
    >> known in here that I dislike M$. I also dislike cabbage. What
    >> conclusions are you going to draw from that?!

    >
    > None really. But for some reason you seemed to want to argue about you
    > hating MS: I have no idea why since you have constantly repeated it.


    I didn't want to seem to argue anything of the sort. There'd be no point
    as its a well known fact.

    You seemed to be jumping on the fact that although I dislike MS I use
    windows and visual studio. So what? I don't happen to like the
    profiteering of the petrol industry yet I own and like my car. Again, so
    what?

  3. Re: Microsoft to *pay* users to use their product! (I like it!)

    On Wed, 21 May 2008 15:09:54 +0100, Phil Da Lick! wrote:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >> "Phil Da Lick!" writes:
    >>
    >>> Hadron wrote:
    >>>>> No. You pretty much confirmed what you said. You do that a lot, I've
    >>>>> noticed.
    >>>> Erm yes. I said you hate MS and you have confirmed it. Do try and keep
    >>>> up.
    >>>>
    >>> And what exactly do you think that means?

    >>
    >> Erm, that you hate MS. Which bit confuses you?
    >>
    >>

    > The bit where you think you've actually proven something. It's well known
    > in here that I dislike M$. I also dislike cabbage. What conclusions are
    > you going to draw from that?!


    Well Quack is a M$ shill you see, so anything you say about M$ he *has* to
    defend. (And before Quack shouts "COLA loonies", his defence of M$ has
    been noticed in other groups too)

    --
    Mandriva 2008.1 64-bit.
    This message was sent from a
    computer which is guaranteed
    100% free of the M$ Windoze virus.

  4. Re: Microsoft to *pay* users to use their product! (I like it!)

    Phil Da Lick! wrote:

    >You seemed to be jumping on the fact that although I dislike MS I use
    >windows and visual studio. So what? I don't happen to like the
    >profiteering of the petrol industry yet I own and like my car. Again, so
    >what?


    Don't you know? To a dishonest fscking asshole troll, you cannot
    dislike Micro$oft and/or advocate Linux, while also using Micro$oft
    products to make a living, without being a "hypocrite".

    That's right, you should limit your job options for your principles
    regarding freedom and choice in software!


  5. Re: Microsoft to *pay* users to use their product! (I like it!)

    chrisv wrote:
    > Phil Da Lick! wrote:
    >
    >> You seemed to be jumping on the fact that although I dislike MS I use
    >> windows and visual studio. So what? I don't happen to like the
    >> profiteering of the petrol industry yet I own and like my car. Again, so
    >> what?

    >
    > Don't you know? To a dishonest fscking asshole troll, you cannot
    > dislike Micro$oft and/or advocate Linux, while also using Micro$oft
    > products to make a living, without being a "hypocrite".
    >
    > That's right, you should limit your job options for your principles
    > regarding freedom and choice in software!
    >


    lol

  6. Re: Microsoft to *pay* users to use their product! (I like it!)

    chrisv wrote:
    > Phil Da Lick! wrote:
    >
    >> You seemed to be jumping on the fact that although I dislike MS I use
    >> windows and visual studio. So what? I don't happen to like the
    >> profiteering of the petrol industry yet I own and like my car.
    >> Again, so what?

    >
    > Don't you know? To a dishonest fscking asshole troll, you cannot
    > dislike Micro$oft and/or advocate Linux, while also using Micro$oft
    > products to make a living, without being a "hypocrite".
    >
    > That's right, you should limit your job options for your principles
    > regarding freedom and choice in software!


    Yes, that's right loser hypocrite. You should.

    And if you don't make such a stand, then the principles you "advocates"
    pretend to care about - software freedom and choice and hatred of "evil and
    corrupt" Microsoft - aren't anywhere near as valuable to you as your years
    of silly cola shouting and name-calling would indicate, and you should shut
    your lying pieholes.

    This is especially true of Rex Ballard, Linocrite, [H]ypocrite, Ian
    Hilliard, fliar, 7, Spamowitz, Peter Kohlmann, Mark Kent, HPT, etc




  7. Re: Microsoft to *pay* users to use their product! (I like it!)

    On May 21, 6:59*am, chrisv wrote:
    > > Hadron quacked:

    >
    > >> Erm yes. I said you hate MS and you have confirmed it.

    >
    > You want to know what I hate, Quack? *I hate snotty lying assholes, like
    > you.


    Give Hadron his due, chrisv-idiot_fool.

    He keeps on topic, and avoids ad homenium attacks and bland
    generalizations, fool...

    RL

  8. Re: Microsoft to *pay* users to use their product! (I like it!)

    raylopez99 wrote:
    > On May 21, 6:59 am, chrisv wrote:
    >>> Hadron quacked:
    >>>> Erm yes. I said you hate MS and you have confirmed it.

    >> You want to know what I hate, Quack? I hate snotty lying assholes, like
    >> you.

    >
    > Give Hadron his due, chrisv-idiot_fool.
    >
    > He keeps on topic, and avoids ad homenium attacks and bland
    > generalizations, fool...



    on topic? Perhaps you should check the name of the newsgroup again.

  9. Re: Microsoft to *pay* users to use their product! (I like it!)

    On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 15:11:19 +0100, Phil Da Lick! wrote:

    > raylopez99 wrote:
    >> On May 21, 6:59 am, chrisv wrote:
    >>>> Hadron quacked:
    >>>>> Erm yes. I said you hate MS and you have confirmed it.
    >>> You want to know what I hate, Quack? I hate snotty lying assholes, like
    >>> you.

    >>
    >> Give Hadron his due, chrisv-idiot_fool.
    >>
    >> He keeps on topic, and avoids ad homenium attacks and bland
    >> generalizations, fool...

    >
    >
    > on topic? Perhaps you should check the name of the newsgroup again.



    Quack avoids ad homenium attacks?
    Uh, yeah, riiiiiiiiiiiiight.


    --
    Using anonymous remailers suggests that the poster
    is merely a troll, & not prepared to stand by what
    they post. Ergo the posts are of little value.
    In short, they are NOT worth reading to begin with.

  10. Re: Microsoft to *pay* users to use their product! (I like it!)

    "Phil Da Lick!" writes:

    > raylopez99 wrote:
    >> On May 21, 6:59 am, chrisv wrote:
    >>>> Hadron quacked:
    >>>>> Erm yes. I said you hate MS and you have confirmed it.
    >>> You want to know what I hate, Quack? I hate snotty lying assholes, like
    >>> you.

    >>
    >> Give Hadron his due, chrisv-idiot_fool.
    >>
    >> He keeps on topic, and avoids ad homenium attacks and bland
    >> generalizations, fool...

    >
    >
    > on topic? Perhaps you should check the name of the newsgroup again.


    Please post an example of me advocating Windows. You can find loads of
    me laughing at the COLA idiots for telling lies. You can even find a
    good few of me advocating 100% Linux.

    --
    "Give it up because going on the offensive, and you are quite offensive, is
    not going to cover up your trolling and nym shifting blunders no matter now
    many times you re-post the same text."
    -- "Moshe Goldfarb." in comp.os.linux.advocacy

  11. Re: Microsoft to *pay* users to use their product! (I like it!)

    Hadron wrote:
    > good few of me advocating 100% Linux.
    >


    Look! A flying pig!

    You are not a linux advocate.

  12. Re: Microsoft to *pay* users to use their product! (I like it!)

    "Phil Da Lick!" writes:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >> good few of me advocating 100% Linux.
    >>

    >
    > Look! A flying pig!
    >
    > You are not a linux advocate.


    Then you're an idiot if you believe that. I am not a "blind fanatic" -
    big difference. I posted some of my old posts recently and asked some of
    the "advocates" to match them with ANY poasts of theirs. It didn't
    happen. Why? Because they are full of **** hypocrites. I use Debian
    every day for everything pretty much. I have installed Debian for small
    businesses. I know what works and I know what doesn't. And there is a
    lot of nasty edges to Linux which puts people off. Denying it in THIS NG
    is not advocacy it is lies and fabrication.

    --
    "Every piece of evidence I've heard from developers inside Microsoft
    supports my theory that the company has become completely tangled up in
    "
    -- William Poaster in comp.os.linux.advocacy

  13. Re: Microsoft to *pay* users to use their product! (I like it!)

    Hadron wrote:
    > "Phil Da Lick!" writes:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:
    >>> good few of me advocating 100% Linux.
    >>>

    >> Look! A flying pig!
    >>
    >> You are not a linux advocate.

    >
    > Then you're an idiot if you believe that. I am not a "blind fanatic" -
    > big difference. I posted some of my old posts recently and asked some of
    > the "advocates" to match them with ANY poasts of theirs. It didn't
    > happen. Why? Because they are full of **** hypocrites. I use Debian
    > every day for everything pretty much. I have installed Debian for small
    > businesses. I know what works and I know what doesn't. And there is a
    > lot of nasty edges to Linux which puts people off. Denying it in THIS NG
    > is not advocacy it is lies and fabrication.
    >


    Anytime anyone posts anything vageuly anti microsoft in this group you
    and the dummy brigade are over them like a rash.

    If you were really that passionate about exposing lies then I'm sure
    there are more productive areas of society that could use some of your
    zeal. You're wasted in cola. Truly, why do you care what goes on in here?

  14. Re: Microsoft to *pay* users to use their product! (I like it!)

    "Phil Da Lick!" writes:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >> "Phil Da Lick!" writes:
    >>
    >>> Hadron wrote:
    >>>> good few of me advocating 100% Linux.
    >>>>
    >>> Look! A flying pig!
    >>>
    >>> You are not a linux advocate.

    >>
    >> Then you're an idiot if you believe that. I am not a "blind fanatic" -
    >> big difference. I posted some of my old posts recently and asked some of
    >> the "advocates" to match them with ANY poasts of theirs. It didn't
    >> happen. Why? Because they are full of **** hypocrites. I use Debian
    >> every day for everything pretty much. I have installed Debian for small
    >> businesses. I know what works and I know what doesn't. And there is a
    >> lot of nasty edges to Linux which puts people off. Denying it in THIS NG
    >> is not advocacy it is lies and fabrication.
    >>

    >
    > Anytime anyone posts anything vageuly anti microsoft in this group you
    > and the dummy brigade are over them like a rash.


    If they're telling lies yes.

    >
    > If you were really that passionate about exposing lies then I'm sure
    > there are more productive areas of society that could use some of your
    > zeal. You're wasted in cola. Truly, why do you care what goes on in
    > here?


    Er, because I dont like to see lies ruin Linux's chances. And thats all
    COLA does - put people off Linux for life.

    --
    "Every piece of evidence I've heard from developers inside Microsoft
    supports my theory that the company has become completely tangled up in
    "
    -- William Poaster in comp.os.linux.advocacy

  15. Re: Microsoft to *pay* users to use their product! (I like it!)

    Hadron wrote:
    > "Phil Da Lick!" writes:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:
    >>> "Phil Da Lick!" writes:
    >>>
    >>>> Hadron wrote:
    >>>>> good few of me advocating 100% Linux.
    >>>>>
    >>>> Look! A flying pig!
    >>>>
    >>>> You are not a linux advocate.
    >>> Then you're an idiot if you believe that. I am not a "blind fanatic" -
    >>> big difference. I posted some of my old posts recently and asked some of
    >>> the "advocates" to match them with ANY poasts of theirs. It didn't
    >>> happen. Why? Because they are full of **** hypocrites. I use Debian
    >>> every day for everything pretty much. I have installed Debian for small
    >>> businesses. I know what works and I know what doesn't. And there is a
    >>> lot of nasty edges to Linux which puts people off. Denying it in THIS NG
    >>> is not advocacy it is lies and fabrication.
    >>>

    >> Anytime anyone posts anything vageuly anti microsoft in this group you
    >> and the dummy brigade are over them like a rash.

    >
    > If they're telling lies yes.


    Then your lie detector is faulty.


    >> If you were really that passionate about exposing lies then I'm sure
    >> there are more productive areas of society that could use some of your
    >> zeal. You're wasted in cola. Truly, why do you care what goes on in
    >> here?

    >
    > Er, because I dont like to see lies ruin Linux's chances. And thats all
    > COLA does - put people off Linux for life.
    >


    You seem to be under the illusion that cola is a tech support group, or
    a lounge for beginners. It is neither. Anyone who comes here has got to
    expect a bit of fun and games. It's an advocacy group. Like all other
    advocacy groups on usenet the debate is bound to get a bit heated from
    time to time.


  16. Re: Microsoft to *pay* users to use their product! (I like it!)

    "Phil Da Lick!" writes:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >> "Phil Da Lick!" writes:
    >>
    >>> Hadron wrote:
    >>>> "Phil Da Lick!" writes:
    >>>>
    >>>>> Hadron wrote:
    >>>>>> good few of me advocating 100% Linux.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>> Look! A flying pig!
    >>>>>
    >>>>> You are not a linux advocate.
    >>>> Then you're an idiot if you believe that. I am not a "blind fanatic" -
    >>>> big difference. I posted some of my old posts recently and asked some of
    >>>> the "advocates" to match them with ANY poasts of theirs. It didn't
    >>>> happen. Why? Because they are full of **** hypocrites. I use Debian
    >>>> every day for everything pretty much. I have installed Debian for small
    >>>> businesses. I know what works and I know what doesn't. And there is a
    >>>> lot of nasty edges to Linux which puts people off. Denying it in THIS NG
    >>>> is not advocacy it is lies and fabrication.
    >>>>
    >>> Anytime anyone posts anything vageuly anti microsoft in this group you
    >>> and the dummy brigade are over them like a rash.

    >>
    >> If they're telling lies yes.

    >
    > Then your lie detector is faulty.
    >


    Which makes you either stupid or another liar. You know as well as
    anyone that the lies in COLA are legendary. From the the BSOD 10 times a
    day to "Linux is a great platform to play modern games". to "Linux
    competes in professional Audio" to ... etc etc etc. Its all bull****.

    >
    >>> If you were really that passionate about exposing lies then I'm sure
    >>> there are more productive areas of society that could use some of your
    >>> zeal. You're wasted in cola. Truly, why do you care what goes on in
    >>> here?

    >>
    >> Er, because I dont like to see lies ruin Linux's chances. And thats all
    >> COLA does - put people off Linux for life.
    >>

    >
    > You seem to be under the illusion that cola is a tech support group,


    You seem to under the illusion that I think that. I most certainly do
    not.

    > or a lounge for beginners. It is neither. Anyone who comes here has
    > got to expect a bit of fun and games. It's an advocacy group. Like all
    > other advocacy groups on usenet the debate is bound to get a bit
    > heated from time to time.
    >


    Huh? Telling lies is not heated. There is no "debate". COLA "advocates"
    tell lies and then the others "me too" them.

    It frightens people away who DO NOT have all these imaginary problems
    with XP.

    Instead of moaning about Windows the "advocates" need to find out where
    Linux excels and why it is worth their effort to migrate.

    I did it for an exercise a while back. It was a lot of learning and hard
    work and compiling drivers and pinning repositories and .... it's a lot
    easier now of course.

    --
    "At BT Global, our crown jewels are the services we supply to our
    customers. With jNetX we own the intellectual property for our
    services, allowing us to evolve the services as and when required."
    Mark Kent,Head of Technology Strategy,COLA Hypocrite

  17. Re: Microsoft to *pay* users to use their product! (I like it!)

    Hadron wrote:
    > Which makes you either stupid or another liar. You know as well as
    > anyone that the lies in COLA are legendary. From the the BSOD 10 times a
    > day to "Linux is a great platform to play modern games". to "Linux
    > competes in professional Audio" to ... etc etc etc. Its all bull****.


    Fsck me man. What planet do you live on? This is usenet FFS! Off the top
    of my head only the political landscape is more full of ****. However
    the common theme in all the examples you gave is a positive spin on
    linux. That's kinda surprising in a linux advocacy group how exactly?


    > Huh? Telling lies is not heated. There is no "debate".


    Advocacy debate of any kind always gets heated due to the inevitable
    influx of trollage.


    > COLA "advocates" tell lies and then the others "me too" them.


    Then the dummy briagde jumps all over them, tell lies of their own and
    "me too" each other.


    > It frightens people away who DO NOT have all these imaginary problems
    > with XP.


    There are more than enough real problems with XP to start worrying about
    imaginary problems. Like any platform it has its pros and cons. But you
    would hardly expect many discussions about the pros of windows xp here.
    The cons maybe, as they have may a bearing on the uptake of linux. And
    why should we care about people that do not have problems with XP?
    They're unlikely to be here if they're happy with what they've got.
    They're more likely to be in windows advocacy groups. Good luck to 'em.


    > Instead of moaning about Windows the "advocates" need to find out where
    > Linux excels and why it is worth their effort to migrate.


    In order to discuss the relative stengths and weaknesses a certain
    amount of comparison with windows is inevitable. This is not an
    invitation for the dummy brigade to jump all over every post crying
    foul. I'm sure if you went to windows advocacy groups you'd see plenty
    of posts ****ting all over linux. And mac. Whatever. Who cares? Last
    time I checked there was no such thing as net police.

  18. Re: Microsoft to *pay* users to use their product! (I like it!)

    "Phil Da Lick!" writes:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >> Which makes you either stupid or another liar. You know as well as
    >> anyone that the lies in COLA are legendary. From the the BSOD 10 times a
    >> day to "Linux is a great platform to play modern games". to "Linux
    >> competes in professional Audio" to ... etc etc etc. Its all bull****.

    >
    > Fsck me man. What planet do you live on? This is usenet FFS! Off the


    I know. I dont understand your point.

    > top of my head only the political landscape is more full of
    > ****. However the common theme in all the examples you gave is a
    > positive spin on linux. That's kinda surprising in a linux advocacy
    > group how exactly?


    Huh? What are you talking about? I'm not talking about "Positive
    spin". I am talking about outright lies about Windows. Which part of
    this is too tricky for you to understand.

    You're reverting to normal COLA form and changing the thread to try to
    support your flimsy attack strategy. Wrong guy I am afraid.

  19. Re: Microsoft to *pay* users to use their product! (I like it!)

    Hadron wrote:
    > "Phil Da Lick!" writes:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:
    >>> Which makes you either stupid or another liar. You know as well as
    >>> anyone that the lies in COLA are legendary. From the the BSOD 10 times a
    >>> day to "Linux is a great platform to play modern games". to "Linux
    >>> competes in professional Audio" to ... etc etc etc. Its all bull****.

    >> Fsck me man. What planet do you live on? This is usenet FFS! Off the

    >
    > I know. I dont understand your point.


    That's blatantly obvious.


    >> top of my head only the political landscape is more full of
    >> ****. However the common theme in all the examples you gave is a
    >> positive spin on linux. That's kinda surprising in a linux advocacy
    >> group how exactly?

    >
    > Huh? What are you talking about? I'm not talking about "Positive
    > spin". I am talking about outright lies about Windows. Which part of
    > this is too tricky for you to understand.
    >
    > You're reverting to normal COLA form and changing the thread to try to
    > support your flimsy attack strategy. Wrong guy I am afraid.


    You are arguing on behalf of windows in a pro linux group. You are in
    the wrong group for that. This is straightforward logic to everyone here
    but you and the dummy briagde.

  20. Re: Microsoft to *pay* users to use their product! (I like it!)

    Hadron wrote:


    >>

    >
    > Which makes you either stupid or another liar. You know as well as
    > anyone that the lies in COLA are legendary. From the the BSOD 10 times a
    > day to "Linux is a great platform to play modern games". to "Linux
    > competes in professional Audio" to ... etc etc etc. Its all bull****.
    >




    Message-ID: <46896b47$0$24764$4c368faf@roadrunner.com>

    "Also, GNU/Linux is up to 50X faster in all processes as proven in more
    than 30 published shoot-outs and benchmark test comparisons by print
    media and ezines. Linux offers a dozen or more desktop environments
    with upto 20 paged desktops, each able to run up to 200 open
    applications, windows, for a total of 4,000."





    Message-ID:

    "We have the games, we have the technology, and we have the growing
    marketshare. Linux is *the* gamers OS if you are serious about games.
    Screw the console, screw dual boot. You don't need either if you want to
    use Linux *and* be a gamer. Don't let the Windows people or even the
    Linux advocates who don't know any better tell you to go "get a console"
    or "stick with Windows." Tell *them* where they can shove that console
    instead!"



    Message-ID: <-9GdnVwtouYB_ZPfRVn-sA@rcn.net>

    "No, it means that MS has found ways to incress revinue dispite declining
    groth of market share."





+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast