Linux market share dead, dying (about 1.3% and falling) - Linux

This is a discussion on Linux market share dead, dying (about 1.3% and falling) - Linux ; Tom Shelton wrote: > Recently, Ballmer said that they only really worried about Linux in the > server market - on the desktop, it's apple they worry about. Why, then, do they resort to bribery to stop Linux from taking-hold ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 53 of 53

  1. Re: Try again, troll - Linux market share fallacies

    Tom Shelton wrote:

    > Recently, Ballmer said that they only really worried about Linux in the
    > server market - on the desktop, it's apple they worry about.

    Why, then, do they resort to bribery to stop Linux from taking-hold in
    developing countries?

    Personally, I would not trust anything that scumbag Ballmer or Gates
    says. They are "just a little bit" biased.

  2. Re: Try again, troll - Linux market share fallacies

    On Fri, 23 May 2008 17:04:44 -0500, chrisv wrote:

    > Tom Shelton wrote:
    >
    >> Recently, Ballmer said that they only really worried about Linux in the
    >> server market - on the desktop, it's apple they worry about.

    > Why, then, do they resort to bribery to stop Linux from taking-hold in
    > developing countries?

    M$ tried to do it in India to stop them adopting Linux on the desktops,
    but eventually failed. Since 2006 linux has been a BIG hit in India, & is
    still spreading. (Tamil Nadu is an example).

    They tried & failed in Brazil too. As I ecall, Blammer was flying about
    hither & thither trying to stop countries adopting OSS. If they weren't
    worried about Linux being adopted on the desktop, just why would he do
    that.

    > Personally, I would not trust anything that scumbag Ballmer or Gates says.
    > They are "just a little bit" biased.

    Uh, yeah. Just a "little".

    --
    Mandriva 2008.1 64-bit.
    This message was sent from a

  3. Re: chrisv - whining little drama-queen.

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

    ! Don Zeigler

  4. Re: chrisv - whining little drama-queen.

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

    ! Don Zeigler

  5. Re: Try again, troll - Linux market share fallacies

    On May 23, 2:33*pm, William Poaster wrote:
    > On Fri, 23 May 2008 12:34:36 -0500, chrisv wrote:
    > >>Quack snotted:

    > > Fsck you, you snotty POS.

    > > Stop lying about what other people know or think, asshole.

    > Quack was obviously totally confused by all the distros, so the jerk
    > believes everyone else is. Yes, he's *that* arrogant.

    > > Most would not be, after the small amount of looking-into the sitution
    > > required to realize that there's only a few top distros that are being
    > > used by most "average folk" or "newbies".

    > Ah, but for that you need a brain & intelligence. Which obviously
    > by-passed Quack.

    > > Huh? *How come you're such a worthless waste of skin? *How come you suck
    > > ****?

    > > You know God-damned well that there are *multiple* reasons why so many use
    > > M$ products, fsckwit. *It's not like THE REASON is "there's too many
    > > versions of Linux", OBVIOUSLY.

    > > He's a far better advocate than Wintroll fsckwits like you are, Quack.

    > Yes, there's the 0.6% again, which is obviously *why* M$ called Linux "The
    > Number One Threat"....well, isn't it? Yes, an elephant scared of a flea..
    >
    > Spot the flaw.

    The flaw is in your thinking. Linux isn't the Number One Threat
    because it is currently dominate. It is the Number One Threat to
    Microsoft because of the potential it has. The elephant isn't scared
    of a flea, it's scared of a elephant killing disease that's currently
    isolated in a lab. Ok, another bad analogy on top of your bad analogy,
    but you get the idea. It may be 1% now, but the threat to Microsoft is
    if the Linux community gets it's act together, makes some significant
    changes, and pushes that usage percentage upward. You would then have
    a free equivalent of what Microsoft is offering. Of course that
    potential is a threat.

  6. Re: Try again, troll - Linux market share fallacies

    chrisv wrote:

    > Fsck you, you snotty POS.
    >
    > asshole.
    >
    > How come you're such a worthless waste of skin?
    >
    > How come you suck ****?
    >
    > God-damned
    >
    > fsckwit.
    >
    > Wintroll fsckwits like you

    Looks like Mommy forget to give another low-life "advocate" his
    antipsychotic medicine.

  7. Re: Try again, troll - Linux market share fallacies

    chrisv writes:

    >>Quack snotted:
    >>>
    >>> Are you drunk or merely as thick as two short planks?

    > Fsck you, you snotty POS.
    >
    >>> You know full well
    >>> that new recruits to LInux are totally confused by all the distros.

    > Stop lying about what other people know or think, asshole.
    >
    >>> Who wouldn't be?

    > Most would not be, after the small amount of looking-into the sitution
    > required to realize that there's only a few top distros that are being
    > used by most "average folk" or "newbies".
    >
    >>> Huh? How come there is such a negligibly small uptake of Linux on the
    >>> desktop then?

    > Huh? How come you're such a worthless waste of skin? How come you
    > suck ****?
    >
    > You know God-damned well that there are *multiple* reasons why so many
    > use M$ products, fsckwit. It's not like THE REASON is "there's too
    > many versions of Linux", OBVIOUSLY.
    >
    >>> 0.6% is certainly not good. Maybe if you take your headout of the
    >>> sand and do something to actually *advocate* and *improve*
    >>> Linux then this figure would increase.

    > He's a far better advocate than Wintroll fsckwits like you are, Quack.

    I never mentioned Windows Mr "Original" Chrisv. You're a waste of
    air. You're a foul mouthed ignoramous with an IQ of 1. Go back to
    trying to get the square through the circle.

    --
    If you are going to run a rinky-dink distro made by a couple of
    volunteers, why not run a rinky-dink distro made by a lot of volunteers?

  8. Re: Linux market share dead, dying (about 1.3% and falling)

    nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu espoused:

    >> A MSFT shareholder.

    > Stock quotes, May 21, 2008 vs 1 year ago (source: Yahoo finance)
    > First today, next a year ago, then percentage change
    >
    > MSFT 28.80 31.05 -7%
    > AAPL 187.5 111.98 +67%
    > GOOG 577 470 +23%
    >
    > Keep those MSFT shares!

    Indeed - there's no indication that they'll go anywhere but down.

  9. Re: Linux market share dead, dying (about 1.3% and falling)

    "Mark Kent" schreef in bericht
    > nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu espoused:
    >>

    >>> A MSFT shareholder.

    >> Stock quotes, May 21, 2008 vs 1 year ago (source: Yahoo finance)
    >> First today, next a year ago, then percentage change
    >>
    >> MSFT 28.80 31.05 -7%
    >> AAPL 187.5 111.98 +67%
    >> GOOG 577 470 +23%
    >>
    >> Keep those MSFT shares!

    > Indeed - there's no indication that they'll go anywhere but down.

    been created.
    * alt.crimehip.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.emircpih.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.flame.ms-windows
    * alt.h.i.p.c.r.i.m.e.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.h0pcr0me.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.h1pcr1me.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.h2pcr2me.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.hipclone.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.hipcrime.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.microsoft.crash.crash.crash
    * alt.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.os.windows95.crash.crash.crash
    * comp.misc.microsoft.sucks
    * microsoft.sucks.
    * sk.sux.microsoft
    Fsck you arsehole troll
    *PLONK*

  10. Re: Linux market share dead, dying (about 1.3% and falling)

    Rick writes:

    > Apparently you care/ Apparently so do all the Microsoft execs that seem
    > to be scared ****less of the OSS movement.

    Could you name all these "**** scared" execs please Rick?

    You remind me some little wide eyed boy having a bomb strapped onto him
    before some mad Mullah sends him into a crowded market place to help the
    "movement". You understand almost nothing about it but are eager to
    please and say the right thing. You end up coming away looking rather
    silly and uninformed.

    --
    "What's wrong, (p)Rick? Were you defending the innocence of Hans "The
    Linux Butcher" Reiser, and now that he's about to give up the body

  11. Re: Linux market share dead, dying (about 1.3% and falling)

    On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 17:14:55 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > Rick writes:
    >

    >> Apparently you care/ Apparently so do all the Microsoft execs that seem
    >> to be scared ****less of the OSS movement.

    > Could you name all these "**** scared" execs please Rick?

    Start with Gates and Ballmer. Work you way down.

    > You remind me some little wide eyed boy having a bomb strapped onto him
    > before some mad Mullah sends him into a crowded market place to help the
    > "movement". You understand almost nothing about it but are eager to
    > please and say the right thing. You end up coming away looking rather
    > silly and uninformed.

    You remind me of a lying POS. Oh, wait, that's because you are.

    --
    Rick

  12. Re: Linux market share dead, dying (about 1.3% and falling)

    On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 10:07:30 -0500, Rick wrote:

    > Who are you talking to?

    There are so many Dicks around here, does it really matter?

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  13. Re: Linux market share dead, dying (about 1.3% and falling)

    On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 17:14:55 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > Rick writes:
    >

    >> Apparently you care/ Apparently so do all the Microsoft execs that seem
    >> to be scared ****less of the OSS movement.

    > Could you name all these "**** scared" execs please Rick?
    >
    > You remind me some little wide eyed boy having a bomb strapped onto him
    > before some mad Mullah sends him into a crowded market place to help the
    > "movement". You understand almost nothing about it but are eager to
    > please and say the right thing. You end up coming away looking rather
    > silly and uninformed.

    Not to mention scattered all over the place, just like Rick....