[News] [Rival] Seagate Parnters with Monopoly Abusers; Says Vista Needs 250,000,000-1,000,000,000 MB - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] [Rival] Seagate Parnters with Monopoly Abusers; Says Vista Needs 250,000,000-1,000,000,000 MB - Linux ; Seagate: Vista OS requires 250GB to 1TB of storage ,----[ Quote ] | Seagate exec: To fully leverage Vista, you need 250GB to 1TB of storage `---- http://www.computerworld.com/action/...icleId=9038438 Wow. That must be expensive. Seagate & Microsoft Join Forces to Deliver ...

  1. [News] [Rival] Seagate Parnters with Monopoly Abusers; Says Vista Needs 250,000,000-1,000,000,000 MB

    `----

    http://www.computerworld.com/action/...icleId=9038438

    Wow. That must be expensive.

    Seagate & Microsoft Join Forces to Deliver High Capacity Storage

    http://www.pc210.com/newshtml/9257211616-1.html

    Vista?

    http://incredimazing.com/page/Hi_Im_Vista

    Related:

    Vista PCs: Suffering from Memory Loss?

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | A reader wants to know why his new computer--which is supposed to have
    | 4GB of memory--keeps telling him it really has only 3GB
    `----

    http://www.businessweek.com/technolo...dex_technology

    Testing Vista's different memory configurations

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | You simply cannot play games on Vista with 512MB o memory, at least not the
    | games wen tested. You will sometimes get playable scores but even then the
    | experience and the load time will be ridiculous.
    |
    | Anything more than 512MB will help you a lot, with 2x1GB being the best
    | price performance buy.
    |
    | 4x1GB is the best choice for best raw performance. It is hard to prove it
    | ^^^^^
    | in every test, but if you have 2x1GB and you load as much in memory, the
    | ^^^^^
    | system will become endessly slow.
    | ^^^^
    `----

    Vista Runs Smooth Only on 2G Memory

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | However, Dell CEO Kevin Rollins suggested otherwise on Thursday, 26 Oct at
    | a speech at Shanghai's Jiaotong University. "I think they tell you maybe 1
    | gig of memory is OK. No, two gigs of memory would be great."
    |
    | This echoes with my own experience with Vista RC2. With only 1G of
    | RAM, there are many disk activities indicating heavy disk swap, a
    | symptom of lack of memory in the system.
    `----

    http://www.itechnote.com/2006/10/27/...-on-2g-memory/

    Vista System Memory Concerns

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Vista: Facing a Slow Adoption. In the beginning, early adopters and
    | gamers who are looking to ready themselves for the DirectX 10 upgrade
    | will be best suited for those ready to make an investment in the
    | unknown.
    |
    | Considering how many software and game titles will likely need to
    | be run in "compatibility mode" until patches are released across
    | the board, I would suggest really looking at what Vista's advantages
    | are before taking the plunge.
    |
    | No matter how much we may wish to see the path Vista is about to
    | embark on, the fact remains that because of its hardware requirements,
    | Vista adoption may turn out to be rather slow.
    `----

    http://www.osweekly.com/index.php?op...395&Itemid=449

    Microsoft Windows Is A Greedy Memory Hog, The Cure Is To Feed It RAM

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | For Windows 2000, XP, 512MB is the minimum and 1GB or more is recommended.
    | For Windows 98 any flavor, 256MB is the minimum and 1GB is recommended. If
    | you are an avid PC gamer or video editor, 1GB is the minimum
    | recommendation. Other operating systems such as Linux or Mac are similar.
    | Simply put: more is better.
    `----

    http://bytepowered.org/articles/Arti...eed-It-RAM/539
    http://tinyurl.com/yn9ztx

  2. Re: [Rival] Seagate Parnters with Monopoly Abusers; Says Vista Needs 250,000,000-1,000,000,000 MB

    This is OFF TOPIC Roy Schestowitz.
    It belongs in a Vista group.

+ Reply to Thread