President of South Korea gets an XBox360 - Linux

This is a discussion on President of South Korea gets an XBox360 - Linux ; http://www.slashgear.com/the-mother-...ce-2011705.php Bill Gates and Microsoft have manufactured 100 of these special edition consoles. It features a medium gloss finish and genuine mother of pearl inlays. The design is meant to represent peace, featuring traditional ume blossoms and butterflies. On May ...

  1. President of South Korea gets an XBox360

    http://www.slashgear.com/the-mother-...ce-2011705.php

    Bill Gates and Microsoft have manufactured 100 of these special edition
    consoles. It features a medium gloss finish and genuine mother of pearl
    inlays. The design is meant to represent peace, featuring traditional ume
    blossoms and butterflies.

    On May 6th the president of South Korea, Lee Myung-bak, will be receiving
    one of these gems. It is definitely a much more delicate look than the Xbox
    is used to.

    Why isn't he interested in a live CD?

  2. Re: President of South Korea gets an XBox360

    Ezekiel wrote:

    http://www.slashgear.com/the-mother-...ce-2011705.php

    > Bill Gates and Microsoft have manufactured 100 of these special edition
    > consoles. It features a medium gloss finish and genuine mother of pearl
    > inlays. The design is meant to represent peace, featuring traditional ume
    > blossoms and butterflies.
    >
    > On May 6th the president of South Korea, Lee Myung-bak, will be receiving
    > one of these gems. It is definitely a much more delicate look than the
    > Xbox is used to.
    >

    > Why isn't he interested in a live CD?

    Why don't you send him one?

  3. Re: President of South Korea gets an XBox360

    "SomeBloke" wrote in message
    > Ezekiel wrote:
    >

    > http://www.slashgear.com/the-mother-...ce-2011705.php
    >>

    >> Bill Gates and Microsoft have manufactured 100 of these special edition
    >> consoles. It features a medium gloss finish and genuine mother of pearl
    >> inlays. The design is meant to represent peace, featuring traditional ume
    >> blossoms and butterflies.
    >>
    >> On May 6th the president of South Korea, Lee Myung-bak, will be receiving
    >> one of these gems. It is definitely a much more delicate look than the
    >> Xbox is used to.
    >>

    >> Why isn't he interested in a live CD?
    >>

    > Why don't you send him one?

    Maybe RMS could give him one right after he finishes disabling the BIOS on
    his computer because it's not open source. Then again, I doubt that Lee
    Myung-bak's security detail would ever let someone like RMS anywhere within
    50 meters of the president.

  4. Re: President of South Korea gets an XBox360

    Ezekiel wrote:

    > "SomeBloke" wrote in message
    >> Ezekiel wrote:

    http://www.slashgear.com/the-mother-...ce-2011705.php

    >>> Bill Gates and Microsoft have manufactured 100 of these special edition
    >>> consoles. It features a medium gloss finish and genuine mother of pearl
    >>> inlays. The design is meant to represent peace, featuring traditional
    >>> ume blossoms and butterflies.
    >>>
    >>> On May 6th the president of South Korea, Lee Myung-bak, will be
    >>> receiving one of these gems. It is definitely a much more delicate look
    >>> than the Xbox is used to.
    >>>

    >>> Why isn't he interested in a live CD?
    >>>

    >> Why don't you send him one?

    > Maybe RMS could give him one right after he finishes disabling the BIOS on
    > his computer because it's not open source. Then again, I doubt that Lee
    > Myung-bak's security detail would ever let someone like RMS anywhere
    > within 50 meters of the president.

    Again I ask, If you are so concerned for President Lee Myung-bak why don't
    you send him a live CD?

    Can't you afford the postage?

  5. Re: President of South Korea gets an XBox360

    "SomeBloke" wrote in message
    > Ezekiel wrote:
    >

    >> "SomeBloke" wrote in message
    >>> Ezekiel wrote:
    >>>

    > http://www.slashgear.com/the-mother-...ce-2011705.php

    >>> Why don't you send him one?

    >> Maybe RMS could give him one right after he finishes disabling the BIOS
    >> on
    >> his computer because it's not open source. Then again, I doubt that Lee
    >> Myung-bak's security detail would ever let someone like RMS anywhere
    >> within 50 meters of the president.

    > Again I ask, If you are so concerned for President Lee Myung-bak why don't
    > you send him a live CD?

    I sent him a boxed set of Vista Home Premium. Something that he'll actually
    use.

    > Can't you afford the postage?

    Of course I can. I develop software that is sold, not given away for free.

  6. Re: President of South Korea gets an XBox360

    Ezekiel wrote:

    > "SomeBloke" wrote in message
    >> Ezekiel wrote:
    >>

    >>> "SomeBloke" wrote in message

    http://www.slashgear.com/the-mother-...ce-2011705.php

    >>> Maybe RMS could give him one right after he finishes disabling the BIOS
    >>> on
    >>> his computer because it's not open source. Then again, I doubt that Lee
    >>> Myung-bak's security detail would ever let someone like RMS anywhere
    >>> within 50 meters of the president.
    >>>

    >>> ** Posted from http://www.teranews.com **

    >> Again I ask, If you are so concerned for President Lee Myung-bak why
    >> don't you send him a live CD?

    > I sent him a boxed set of Vista Home Premium. Something that he'll
    > actually use.

    To prop open a door!

    >> Can't you afford the postage?

    > Of course I can. I develop software that is sold, not given away for free.

  7. Re: President of South Korea gets an XBox360

    * SomeBloke peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > Ezekiel wrote:
    >
    > http://www.slashgear.com/the-mother-...ce-2011705.php
    >>

    >> Bill Gates and Microsoft have manufactured 100 of these special edition
    >> consoles. It features a medium gloss finish and genuine mother of pearl
    >> inlays. The design is meant to represent peace, featuring traditional ume
    >> blossoms and butterflies.
    >>

    >> Why isn't he interested in a live CD?

    I'd pick a piece of hardware over a live CD any day.

    > Why don't you send him one?

    Zeke is a moron.

    Microsoft is apparently stepping up its bribish "Microsoft Swag" program.

    Schweeeeeet!

    --
    The U.S. couldn't even get rid of Saddam Hussein. And we all know that the
    EU is just a passing fad. They'll be killing each other again in less than a

  8. Re: President of South Korea gets an XBox360

    SomeBloke espoused:
    > Ezekiel wrote:
    >

    >> "SomeBloke" wrote in message

    > http://www.slashgear.com/the-mother-...ce-2011705.php

    >>> Again I ask, If you are so concerned for President Lee Myung-bak why
    >>> don't you send him a live CD?

    >> I sent him a boxed set of Vista Home Premium. Something that he'll
    >> actually use.
    >>

    > To prop open a door!

    This particular Xbox360 is being used to open some very specific doors.
    Of course, in doing so, some freedom doors for Koreans will be closed at
    the same time.

    >>> Can't you afford the postage?

    >> Of course I can. I develop software that is sold, not given away for free.

    Is it your time that is sold, or a licence for the code? If it's a
    licence for the code, then once you've done your bit, you're out of a
    role, aren't you?

    You'd be much better off doing something repeatable, like support,
    integration, and so on, that way, you'd have a future.