Trying out Kubuntu, again - Linux

This is a discussion on Trying out Kubuntu, again - Linux ; It has been over a year since I tried out a Linux distro so I decided to give the latest Kubuntu a try. Here is what I experienced. 1. I downloaded the DVD ISO from my nearest server. It took ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 44

  1. Trying out Kubuntu, again

    It has been over a year since I tried out a Linux distro so I decided to
    give the latest Kubuntu a try. Here is what I experienced.

    1. I downloaded the DVD ISO from my nearest server. It took over 10 hours. I
    tried several servers and they all were extremely slow. I guess you get what
    you pay for. These server are pathetic.

    2. I burned the DVD and booted from it into the Live version so I could
    check it out before I installed it. I was impressed that it had no problem
    detecting my display and setting the correct screen size. This was not the
    case in the past so this has improved.

    3. It put an icon on the desktop for my thumb drive but it could not display
    the contents.

    4. I tried to browse my network. All of my shared drives (Windows XP shares)
    were visible but I was unable to get it to authenticate. I entered valid
    user name and passwords but could not get it to accept my credentials. It
    just kept prompting for my password. I cancelled the dialog box and it then
    listed the contents of the drive! I double clicked on a jpg to view it and
    it said that the file doesn't exist. Nice.

    5. I decided to go ahead and install it on a second drive in my system.
    There was an Install icon on the desktop so I did the install from there. It
    offered to install it into the free space on my second drive by default.
    That was impressive. I accepted the default and proceeded with the install.
    It cranked away for about 15 minutes and then said it had less than one
    minute remaining. After that it REMOVED a bunch of language pack related
    files for another 15 minutes. I told it I wanted an English install. Why did
    it install all this stuff in the first place? Weird.

    6. Against my better judgment, I let it modify my main Vista drive with GRUB
    and rebooted the system. GRUB came up and immediately gave Error 22.
    Helpful! I rebooted again, same thing. I looked for a repair option when
    booting from the Kubuntu install DVD. The help screen said I should select
    repair options from the menu but no such options existed. I decided to do
    the Kubuntu install by booting from the DVD and installing from there,
    instead of installing from within the Live CD mode. It found the previously
    created partitions and said it was verifying them. It cranked away for
    nearly 10 minutes and then said it had errors and went to the manual mode
    for partitioning. At this point I realized that this POS just isn't ready
    for prime time.

    7. I booted from my Vista DVD and used it's startup repair option to get rid
    of GRUB. I used the partitioning tool in Vista to reclaim my free space on
    the drive and am back in business.

    Maybe when I have nothing better to do I will try this again. As in the
    past, Linux is still a bug ridden mess. If you have a lot of time on your
    hands and no life, Linux is the OS for you.

    ^ Insert "Stupid Windows User" and "Distro Shufflle" comments here ^

  2. Re: Trying out Kubuntu, again

    Rich wrote:

    > ^ Insert "Stupid Windows User" and "Distro Shufflle" comments here ^

    No, here, below the quote:

    You're a knuckle-dragging Windummy.

    How's that, ****stick?

  3. Re: Trying out Kubuntu, again

    Some troll, pretending to be called Rich wrote:

    I guess > you get what you pay for.

    That's where I stopped reading.

    *plonk*

    --
    |_|0|_| Marti T. van Lin
    |_|_|0| http://ml2mst.googlepages.com
    |0|0|0| http://osgeex.blogspot.com

  4. Re: Trying out Kubuntu, again

    On Mon, 19 May 2008 13:19:08 -0700, Rich wrote:

    > It has been over a year since I tried out a Linux distro so I decided to
    > give the latest Kubuntu a try. Here is what I experienced.
    >
    > 1. I downloaded the DVD ISO from my nearest server. It took over 10
    > hours. I tried several servers and they all were extremely slow. I guess
    > you get what you pay for. These server are pathetic.

    .... or your ISP sucks.

    > 2. I burned the DVD and booted from it into the Live version so I could
    > check it out before I installed it. I was impressed that it had no
    > problem detecting my display and setting the correct screen size. This
    > was not the case in the past so this has improved.
    >
    > 3. It put an icon on the desktop for my thumb drive but it could not
    > display the contents.

    Any idea why?

    > 4. I tried to browse my network. All of my shared drives (Windows XP
    > shares) were visible but I was unable to get it to authenticate. I
    > entered valid user name and passwords but could not get it to accept my
    > credentials. It just kept prompting for my password. I cancelled the
    > dialog box and it then listed the contents of the drive! I double
    > clicked on a jpg to view it and it said that the file doesn't exist.
    > Nice.

    Did you set up Samba correctly?

    > 5. I decided to go ahead and install it on a second drive in my system.
    > There was an Install icon on the desktop so I did the install from
    > there. It offered to install it into the free space on my second drive
    > by default. That was impressive. I accepted the default and proceeded
    > with the install. It cranked away for about 15 minutes and then said it
    > had less than one minute remaining. After that it REMOVED a bunch of
    > language pack related files for another 15 minutes. I told it I wanted
    > an English install. Why did it install all this stuff in the first
    > place? Weird.

    Why does any OS install files that it then later removes during an
    install?

    > 6. Against my better judgment, I let it modify my main Vista drive with
    > GRUB and rebooted the system. GRUB came up and immediately gave Error
    > 22. Helpful! I rebooted again, same thing. I looked for a repair option
    > when booting from the Kubuntu install DVD. The help screen said I should
    > select repair options from the menu but no such options existed. I
    > decided to do the Kubuntu install by booting from the DVD and installing
    > from there, instead of installing from within the Live CD mode. It found
    > the previously created partitions and said it was verifying them. It
    > cranked away for nearly 10 minutes and then said it had errors and went
    > to the manual mode for partitioning. At this point I realized that this
    > POS just isn't ready for prime time.

    .... or maybe there's a problem with your POS system?

    > 7. I booted from my Vista DVD and used it's startup repair option to get
    > rid of GRUB. I used the partitioning tool in Vista to reclaim my free
    > space on the drive and am back in business.

    Yes, we see what you are trying to sell.

    > Maybe when I have nothing better to do I will try this again. As in the
    > past, Linux is still a bug ridden mess. If you have a lot of time on
    > your hands and no life, Linux is the OS for you.

    > ^ Insert "Stupid Windows User" and "Distro Shufflle" comments here ^

    There is no need to insert stupid windows user comments. You did that
    yourself. As for the distro sguffle, there a plenty of people that prefer
    kubuntu to "Ubuntu" and other Linux based distros. You are the on that
    would have to decide to switch distros.

    --
    Rick

  5. Re: Trying out Kubuntu, again

    * Rich peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > ^ Insert "Stupid Windows User" and "Distro Shufflle" comments here ^

    Idiot.

    --
    Life is not divided into semesters. You don't get summers off and very few
    employers are interested in helping you find yourself.

  6. Re: Trying out Kubuntu, again

    * ml2mst peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > Some troll, pretending to be called Rich wrote:
    >
    > I guess > you get what you pay for.
    >
    > That's where I stopped reading.
    >
    > *plonk*

    It's funny as hell, too.

    I used to download DVDs of Debian. It would take a few hours using the
    jigsaw-download (jigdo-lite) application, but so what?

    Of course, you wouldn't expect "Rich" to look for a solution that
    spreads the load out a bit. The sum-bitch didn't even try /bittorrent/,
    it looks like. Instead, he probably hit the first site he came to, the
    one already overloaded by people wanting to try out Kubuntu.

    But you don't even have to bother with DVDs these days (at least with
    Debian). Just do a net-install. Gets the basics running from a small
    CD, and then adds software via the internet.

    To top it off, "Rich" doesn't even know how to authenticate to a domain,
    unless Windows helps him out.

    A real laugher.

    "Rich" invited ridicule, but it would take me too much time to dole out
    the quantity he deserves. He should have titled his post
    "Half-heartedly trying out Kubuntu so it can fail me and I can go to a
    forum full of Linux fans and post yet another claim that 'Linux' is
    still a piece of crap."

    A true idiot.

    --
    Information technology and business are becoming inextricably interwoven. I
    don't think anybody can talk meaningfully about one without the talking

  7. Re: Trying out Kubuntu, again

    Linonut wrote:

    >"Rich" invited ridicule, but it would take me too much time to dole out
    >the quantity he deserves. He should have titled his post
    >"Half-heartedly trying out Kubuntu so it can fail me and I can go to a
    >forum full of Linux fans and post yet another claim that 'Linux' is
    >still a piece of crap."
    >
    >A true idiot.

    I suppose, but lots of people would not "know how to authenticate to a
    domain", or what the heck that even means.

  8. Re: Trying out Kubuntu, again

    Rich wrote:

    > Maybe when I have nothing better to do I will try this again. As in
    > the past, Linux is still a bug ridden mess. If you have a lot of time
    > on your hands and no life, Linux is the OS for you.
    >
    > ^ Insert "Stupid Windows User" and "Distro Shufflle" comments here ^

    You didn't give it the old Linux Geek try:

    "My new Toshiba A200 (PSAF1A) works beautifully after a week of hard work
    getting opensuse 10.3 to work."
    http://forums.suselinuxsupport.de/in...howtopic=63815

    Linux just works!

  9. Re: Trying out Kubuntu, again

    "Linonut" wrote in message
    news:9_yYj.25294$C8.17407@bignews2.bellsouth.net.. .
    >* ml2mst peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> Some troll, pretending to be called Rich wrote:
    >>
    >> I guess > you get what you pay for.
    >>
    >> That's where I stopped reading.
    >>
    >> *plonk*

    > It's funny as hell, too.
    >
    > I used to download DVDs of Debian. It would take a few hours using the
    > jigsaw-download (jigdo-lite) application, but so what?
    >
    > Of course, you wouldn't expect "Rich" to look for a solution that
    > spreads the load out a bit. The sum-bitch didn't even try /bittorrent/,
    > it looks like. Instead, he probably hit the first site he came to, the
    > one already overloaded by people wanting to try out Kubuntu.

    I did try bittorrent. Is was dog slow too. I also tried several servers. All
    slow. The Linux way - blame the user.

    > But you don't even have to bother with DVDs these days (at least with
    > Debian). Just do a net-install. Gets the basics running from a small
    > CD, and then adds software via the internet.

    Yeah, that makes sense. Somehow it will be faster to install from the web
    when the pathetic servers can't even send a single file efficiently.

    > To top it off, "Rich" doesn't even know how to authenticate to a domain,
    > unless Windows helps him out.

    Notice how Windows "helps you out" but Linux expects you to do it yourself.
    Yup, really ready for Joe average user, NOT!

    > A real laugher.
    >
    > "Rich" invited ridicule, but it would take me too much time to dole out
    > the quantity he deserves. He should have titled his post
    > "Half-heartedly trying out Kubuntu so it can fail me and I can go to a
    > forum full of Linux fans and post yet another claim that 'Linux' is
    > still a piece of crap."
    >
    > A true idiot.

    The ColaNuts are the idiots. I have followed this group off and on for
    several years. The same idiots talking about how Linux is taking over the
    world and that it is ready to replace Windows on the desktop. Not much
    progress that I can see. Same old buggy crapware that requires the user to
    spend countless hours doing things that Windows does for you. I guess you
    have time for that crap when you live in your momma's basement.

    > --
    > Information technology and business are becoming inextricably interwoven.
    > don't think anybody can talk meaningfully about one without the talking
    > about the other.
    > -- Bill Gates

  10. Re: Trying out Kubuntu, again

    "Rick" wrote in message
    news:vOSdnWO3p5CxMq_VnZ2dnUVZ_gCdnZ2d@supernews.co m...
    > On Mon, 19 May 2008 13:19:08 -0700, Rich wrote:
    >
    >> It has been over a year since I tried out a Linux distro so I decided to
    >> give the latest Kubuntu a try. Here is what I experienced.
    >>
    >> 1. I downloaded the DVD ISO from my nearest server. It took over 10
    >> hours. I tried several servers and they all were extremely slow. I guess
    >> you get what you pay for. These server are pathetic.

    > ... or your ISP sucks.

    No, I get great download speeds from servers that aren't running in some
    guys basement.

    >> 2. I burned the DVD and booted from it into the Live version so I could
    >> check it out before I installed it. I was impressed that it had no
    >> problem detecting my display and setting the correct screen size. This
    >> was not the case in the past so this has improved.
    >>
    >> 3. It put an icon on the desktop for my thumb drive but it could not
    >> display the contents.

    > Any idea why?

    The OS is a POS? It works just fine under Windows.

    >> 4. I tried to browse my network. All of my shared drives (Windows XP
    >> shares) were visible but I was unable to get it to authenticate. I
    >> entered valid user name and passwords but could not get it to accept my
    >> credentials. It just kept prompting for my password. I cancelled the
    >> dialog box and it then listed the contents of the drive! I double
    >> clicked on a jpg to view it and it said that the file doesn't exist.
    >> Nice.

    > Did you set up Samba correctly?

    Why should I have to set anything up? It just works under Windows. I do have
    the time to waste on this crapware.

    >> 5. I decided to go ahead and install it on a second drive in my system.
    >> There was an Install icon on the desktop so I did the install from
    >> there. It offered to install it into the free space on my second drive
    >> by default. That was impressive. I accepted the default and proceeded
    >> with the install. It cranked away for about 15 minutes and then said it
    >> had less than one minute remaining. After that it REMOVED a bunch of
    >> language pack related files for another 15 minutes. I told it I wanted
    >> an English install. Why did it install all this stuff in the first
    >> place? Weird.

    > Why does any OS install files that it then later removes during an
    > install?

    Any OS has temporary files that it installs. This was different. It
    installed a bunch of files that it did not need and then spent a long time
    removing them. Poorly designed installer, but is very typical of Linux
    crapware.

    >> 6. Against my better judgment, I let it modify my main Vista drive with
    >> GRUB and rebooted the system. GRUB came up and immediately gave Error
    >> 22. Helpful! I rebooted again, same thing. I looked for a repair option
    >> when booting from the Kubuntu install DVD. The help screen said I should
    >> select repair options from the menu but no such options existed. I
    >> decided to do the Kubuntu install by booting from the DVD and installing
    >> from there, instead of installing from within the Live CD mode. It found
    >> the previously created partitions and said it was verifying them. It
    >> cranked away for nearly 10 minutes and then said it had errors and went
    >> to the manual mode for partitioning. At this point I realized that this
    >> POS just isn't ready for prime time.

    > ... or maybe there's a problem with your POS system?

    This system works just fine under Windows. Again, blame the user and their
    hardware for the shortcomings of the mess that is Linux.

    >> 7. I booted from my Vista DVD and used it's startup repair option to get
    >> rid of GRUB. I used the partitioning tool in Vista to reclaim my free
    >> space on the drive and am back in business.

    > Yes, we see what you are trying to sell.

    I am not selling anything. I just pointed out that Vista came with the tools
    to fix the mess that Linux made.

    >> Maybe when I have nothing better to do I will try this again. As in the
    >> past, Linux is still a bug ridden mess. If you have a lot of time on
    >> your hands and no life, Linux is the OS for you.

    >> ^ Insert "Stupid Windows User" and "Distro Shufflle" comments here ^

    > There is no need to insert stupid windows user comments. You did that
    > yourself. As for the distro sguffle, there a plenty of people that prefer
    > kubuntu to "Ubuntu" and other Linux based distros. You are the on that
    > would have to decide to switch distros.

    And I would have a similar experience with all of them.

    > --
    > Rick

  11. Re: Trying out Kubuntu, again

    "Linonut" wrote in message
    >* Rich peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> ^ Insert "Stupid Windows User" and "Distro Shufflle" comments here ^

    > Idiot.

    I guess I would have to agree. Why did I expect anything different from
    Linux? It really is a bug ridden POS and I was stupid to think that a year's
    worth of development time would have changed anything.

    > --
    > Life is not divided into semesters. You don't get summers off and very few
    > employers are interested in helping you find yourself.
    > -- Bill Gates

  12. Re: Trying out Kubuntu, again

    * Rich peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > "Linonut" wrote in message
    >>
    >> It's funny as hell, too.
    >>

    > I did try bittorrent. Is was dog slow too. I also tried several servers. All
    > slow. The Linux way - blame the user.

    My guess is that you used /Windows/ to do the download. Big mistake.
    Every time I've bothered to compare download times (quite a few times,
    actually, both through an ISP and through a .mil network), Linux
    downloads in /half/ the time of Windows XP.

    And you're using Vista! You weren't perchance trying to view some media
    while downloading, hmmmm?

    And maybe you need to pay your ISP a little extra for the next tier of
    service.

    >> But you don't even have to bother with DVDs these days (at least with
    >> Debian). Just do a net-install. Gets the basics running from a small
    >> CD, and then adds software via the internet.

    > Yeah, that makes sense. Somehow it will be faster to install from the web
    > when the pathetic servers can't even send a single file efficiently.

    Rich, you're an idiot. Plain and simple. You're talking out of your
    ass on this one. Maybe you should read about Google's Linux servers.

    >> To top it off, "Rich" doesn't even know how to authenticate to a domain,
    >> unless Windows helps him out.

    > Notice how Windows "helps you out" but Linux expects you to do it yourself.

    Actually, Windows will not tell you to include the domain in your
    authentication, either.

    > Yup, really ready for Joe average user, NOT!

    Pretty obvious you were waiting for that one.

    >> A true idiot.

    > The ColaNuts are the idiots. I have followed this group off and on for
    > several years. The same idiots talking about how Linux is taking over the
    > world and that it is ready to replace Windows on the desktop. Not much
    > progress that I can see. Same old buggy crapware that requires the user to
    > spend countless hours doing things that Windows does for you. I guess you
    > have time for that crap when you live in your momma's basement.

    My momma is 80, and my house doesn't have a basement.

    And I have no more time for your ridiculous, lying troll posts.

    --
    The next generation of interesting software will be done on the Macintosh,
    not the IBM PC.

  13. Re: Trying out Kubuntu, again

    > I did try bittorrent. Is was dog slow too. I also tried several servers.
    > All slow. The Linux way - blame the user.

    Bittorrent is anything but slow, you clearly are to be blamed here - you
    can't even use Bittorrent correctly!

  14. Re: Trying out Kubuntu, again

    Rich wrote:
    > "Linonut" wrote in message
    >> * Rich peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >>
    >>> ^ Insert "Stupid Windows User" and "Distro Shufflle" comments here ^

    >> Idiot.

    > I guess I would have to agree. Why did I expect anything different from
    > Linux? It really is a bug ridden POS and I was stupid to think that a
    > year's worth of development time would have changed anything.

    How would you know? You haven't used it yet, retard!

  15. Re: Trying out Kubuntu, again

    "Linonut" wrote in message
    newscBYj.25359$C8.25211@bignews2.bellsouth.net...
    >* Rich peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> "Linonut" wrote in message
    >>>

    > Linux downloads in /half/ the time of Windows XP.
    >
    > And I have no more time for your ridiculous, lying troll posts.

    Pot. Kettle. Black.

    First he claims that "Linux downloads 2X as fast as XP" but then the idiot
    runs away by claiming that he doesn't have time for "ridiculous lying troll
    posts."

    You can't make this stuff up people. I'm sure there are lots of reputable
    sites in the web that show conclusive evidence that linux really does
    download 2X as fast as XP. Right? Those sites are right
    over.......?????????????

  16. Re: Trying out Kubuntu, again

    On 2008-05-19, Rich wrote:
    > It has been over a year since I tried out a Linux distro so I decided to
    > give the latest Kubuntu a try. Here is what I experienced.
    >
    > 1. I downloaded the DVD ISO from my nearest server. It took over 10 hours. I
    > tried several servers and they all were extremely slow. I guess you get what
    > you pay for. These server are pathetic.

    ....I guess you don't value your time then, since you can't be
    bothered to try a little harder. Although this is a download so
    I don't see what the big emergency is.

    [deletia]

    > 3. It put an icon on the desktop for my thumb drive but it could not display
    > the contents.

    I have USB storage devices applenty that work fine with Ubuntu.

    > 4. I tried to browse my network. All of my shared drives (Windows XP shares)
    > were visible but I was unable to get it to authenticate. I entered valid
    > user name and passwords but could not get it to accept my credentials. It

    That's interesting... since I couldn't find in XP where it would allow
    you to force something like this from the XP end. It's filesharing options
    while certainly very easy are also simple and crude.

    > just kept prompting for my password. I cancelled the dialog box and it then
    > listed the contents of the drive! I double clicked on a jpg to view it and
    > it said that the file doesn't exist. Nice.

    [deletia]

    > Maybe when I have nothing better to do I will try this again. As in the
    > past, Linux is still a bug ridden mess. If you have a lot of time on your
    > hands and no life, Linux is the OS for you.
    >

    > ^ Insert "Stupid Windows User" and "Distro Shufflle" comments here ^

    No need. Many of us are running the distro that you claim can't do
    simple things like use USB devices and browse XP shares, and doing both
    with no problem.

    --

    Truth is irrelevant as long as the predictions are good. |||
    / | \

  17. Re: Trying out Kubuntu, again

    Rich wrote:

    >The ColaNuts are the idiots. I have followed this group off and on for
    >several years. The same idiots talking about how Linux is taking over the
    >world and that it is ready to replace Windows on the desktop. Not much
    >progress that I can see. Same old buggy crapware that requires the user to
    >spend countless hours doing things that Windows does for you. I guess you
    >have time for that crap when you live in your momma's basement.

    You know, you had a pretty good rant going, until this. It's clear
    that you have a bad attitude. It's also clear to anyone who has
    actually tried a sampling of modern Linux distros, that the experience
    that you claim is not typical. Indeed, it's quite clear that Linux in
    fact is faster and easier to install than is Windows.

    No one has to take my word for any of this. It's all free and easy to
    try for oneself. Will some people have some problems with some
    hardware? Sure, but that doesn't mean that it will not work great,
    for many.

    "Try it, you might like it."

  18. Re: Trying out Kubuntu, again

    Ezekiel wrote:

    > Pot. Kettle. Black.

    I own the patent on that process, pay up or I will send the gents from the
    Inland Revenue around to inspect your paperwork!

  19. Re: Trying out Kubuntu, again

    On Tue, 20 May 2008 06:57:48 -0700, Rich wrote:

    > "Linonut" wrote in message
    > news:9_yYj.25294$C8.17407@bignews2.bellsouth.net.. .
    >>* ml2mst peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >>
    >>> Some troll, pretending to be called Rich wrote:
    >>>
    >>> I guess > you get what you pay for.
    >>>
    >>> That's where I stopped reading.
    >>>
    >>> *plonk*

    >> It's funny as hell, too.
    >>
    >> I used to download DVDs of Debian. It would take a few hours using the
    >> jigsaw-download (jigdo-lite) application, but so what?
    >>
    >> Of course, you wouldn't expect "Rich" to look for a solution that
    >> spreads the load out a bit. The sum-bitch didn't even try /bittorrent/,
    >> it looks like. Instead, he probably hit the first site he came to, the
    >> one already overloaded by people wanting to try out Kubuntu.

    > I did try bittorrent. Is was dog slow too. I also tried several servers. All
    > slow. The Linux way - blame the user.

    That's the Linux way!!
    The Linux kooks can't face the reality that Linux is somewhat, ahem,
    lacking in quality, so they blame the user.

    Of course they talk out of both sides of their mouth because they also
    claim how easy Linux is to install.

    >> But you don't even have to bother with DVDs these days (at least with
    >> Debian). Just do a net-install. Gets the basics running from a small
    >> CD, and then adds software via the internet.

    > Yeah, that makes sense. Somehow it will be faster to install from the web
    > when the pathetic servers can't even send a single file efficiently.

    The Linux advocates in COLA aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer.

    Asj HPT about != for example.
    You can also ask Peter Kohlmann to explain the inner workings of video.

    Then we have Roy Schestowitz, or SPAMOWITZ as most people call him.

    Spamowitz is in a class all by himself.

    Words cannot describe.....etc

    >> To top it off, "Rich" doesn't even know how to authenticate to a domain,
    >> unless Windows helps him out.

    > Notice how Windows "helps you out" but Linux expects you to do it yourself.
    > Yup, really ready for Joe average user, NOT!

    Yep....
    Windows is like winning a BMW in the Lotto.
    Linux is like winning the same car only it's shipped to you in 10,000
    pieces with no instructions on how to assemble it.

    >> A real laugher.
    >>
    >> "Rich" invited ridicule, but it would take me too much time to dole out
    >> the quantity he deserves. He should have titled his post
    >> "Half-heartedly trying out Kubuntu so it can fail me and I can go to a
    >> forum full of Linux fans and post yet another claim that 'Linux' is
    >> still a piece of crap."
    >>
    >> A true idiot.

    > The ColaNuts are the idiots. I have followed this group off and on for
    > several years. The same idiots talking about how Linux is taking over the
    > world and that it is ready to replace Windows on the desktop. Not much
    > progress that I can see. Same old buggy crapware that requires the user to
    > spend countless hours doing things that Windows does for you. I guess you
    > have time for that crap when you live in your momma's basement.

    The new term for Linux *software* is 'slopware'.

    DFS has been doing an excellent job of bringing the massive amounts of
    problems that users are having with Linux to light.

    Of course the Linux loons deny everything.

    Seriously, stick around and join the fun!
    You can't make this stuff up and it's a great stress absorber to watch the
    Linux loons scurry about like roaches when the lights are turned on.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  20. Re: Trying out Kubuntu, again

    On Tue, 20 May 2008 11:15:50 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:

    > "Linonut" wrote in message
    > newscBYj.25359$C8.25211@bignews2.bellsouth.net...
    >>* Rich peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >>
    >>> "Linonut" wrote in message
    >>>>

    >> Linux downloads in /half/ the time of Windows XP.
    >>
    >> And I have no more time for your ridiculous, lying troll posts.
    >>

    > Pot. Kettle. Black.
    >
    > First he claims that "Linux downloads 2X as fast as XP" but then the idiot
    > runs away by claiming that he doesn't have time for "ridiculous lying troll
    > posts."
    >
    > You can't make this stuff up people. I'm sure there are lots of reputable
    > sites in the web that show conclusive evidence that linux really does
    > download 2X as fast as XP. Right? Those sites are right

    Welcome to COLA!

    It's like "The Land of Make Believe"

    All we need is the trolley.