[News] [Rival] Windows XP SP3 Problems Broader Than Initially Reported - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] [Rival] Windows XP SP3 Problems Broader Than Initially Reported - Linux ; Users Report More Trouble With Windows XP SP3 ,----[ Quote ] | On the We Got Served U.K.-based Windows user forum, Windows XP users running | Windows Home Server, Microsoft's home storage and local networking server, | report that SP3 ...

  1. [News] [Rival] Windows XP SP3 Problems Broader Than Initially Reported

    Users Report More Trouble With Windows XP SP3

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | On the We Got Served U.K.-based Windows user forum, Windows XP users running
    | Windows Home Server, Microsoft's home storage and local networking server,
    | report that SP3 is cutting off their access to the server from their PCs. The
    | remote desktop access feature would ask users to add their home server's Web
    | site address in order to access it even after they already had, users
    | reported.
    `----

    http://www.pcworld.com/businesscente...ws_xp_sp3.html

    Recent:

    Windows XP SP3 still officially AWOL, but can be found on BitTorrent, Microsoft
    servers

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | On Tuesday, in a low-key announcement on a support newsgroup, Microsoft said
    | ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    | it would delay the release of XP SP3 because of data corruption issues
    | ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    | between the updated operating system and its retail point-of-sale software.
    `----

    http://computerworld.com/action/arti...&intsrc=kc_top

    XP change corrupts data, hamstrings SP3 rollout

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | A Microsoft spokeswoman on Wednesday acknowledged that the same problems
    | affected Dynamics RMS users running XP SP3.
    `----

    http://www.computerworld.com/action/...&intsrc=kc_top

    Windows XP SP3: Beware the service pack!

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The first thing that happened after installing Vista SP1 is that it broke my
    | HP printer driver. That wasn't too bad, I fixed that quite easily by
    | uninstalling the driver and doing a clean reinstallation. However, the fact
    | that a service pack upgrade caused an instability in a previously working
    | standard software installation is a concern.
    `----

    http://www.itwire.com/content/view/18109/1023/

    XP SP3 crashes AMD machines

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | One user reported, "I just installed Windows XP SP3 and after completing the
    | processes and when the system reboots, the system cannot proceed to load the
    | Windows. It just displays the flash screen of Windows then after it reboots
    | again."
    |
    | Angry users have also reported that, after the installation, it is not even
    | possible to boot in safe mode, usually the last resort before setting up a
    | repeated forehead/screen interface.
    `----

    http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...s-amd-machines

    Windows XP SP3 Sows Havoc, Users Complain

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Within hours of its release, Microsoft's Service Pack 3 for Windows XP began
    | drawing hundreds of complaints from users who claim the update is wreaking
    | havoc on their PCs.
    |
    | The problems with XP SP3, according to posters on Microsoft's Windows XP
    | message board, range from spontaneous reboots to outright system crashes
    `----.

  2. Re: [News] [Rival] Windows XP SP3 Problems Broader Than Initially Reported

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Users Report More Trouble With Windows XP SP3
    >
    > Windows XP SP3 still officially AWOL, but can be found on BitTorrent,
    > Microsoft servers
    >
    > XP change corrupts data, hamstrings SP3 rollout
    >
    > Windows XP SP3: Beware the service pack!
    >
    > XP SP3 crashes AMD machines
    >
    > Windows XP SP3 Sows Havoc, Users Complain

    I thought you were a Linux "advocate" Spamowitz. What does any of this have
    to do with Linux?

  3. Re: [News] [Rival] Windows XP SP3 Problems Broader Than Initially Reported

    On Mon, 19 May 2008 22:36:04 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> Users Report More Trouble With Windows XP SP3
    >>
    >> Windows XP SP3 still officially AWOL, but can be found on BitTorrent,
    >> Microsoft servers
    >>
    >> XP change corrupts data, hamstrings SP3 rollout
    >>
    >> Windows XP SP3: Beware the service pack!
    >>
    >> XP SP3 crashes AMD machines
    >>
    >> Windows XP SP3 Sows Havoc, Users Complain

    > I thought you were a Linux "advocate" Spamowitz. What does any of this have
    > to do with Linux?

    Schestowitz a Linux advocate?
    Hahahah!

    That's a good one.

    If Schestowitz wasn't getting compensated for his *work* here in COLA and
    elsewhere all over the Internet, he would be gone in a second.

    The truth is Schestowitz is a terrible thing for Linux because he makes the
    true Linux advocates (none are in COLA BTW) look like idiots.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

+ Reply to Thread