[News] More Linux+ZFS Speculations, New LM_Sensors for Linux Released - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] More Linux+ZFS Speculations, New LM_Sensors for Linux Released - Linux ; On Wed, 21 May 2008 17:38:33 -0700, The Ghost In The Machine wrote: >In comp.os.linux.advocacy, AZ Nomad > > wrote >on Wed, 21 May 2008 19:24:13 -0500 > : >> On Wed, 21 May 2008 18:03:16 -0500, Rick wrote: >>>On ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 49 of 49

  1. Re: [News] New LM_Sensors for Linux Released

    On Wed, 21 May 2008 17:38:33 -0700, The Ghost In The Machine wrote:
    >In comp.os.linux.advocacy, AZ Nomad
    >
    > wrote
    >on Wed, 21 May 2008 19:24:13 -0500
    >:
    >> On Wed, 21 May 2008 18:03:16 -0500, Rick wrote:
    >>>On Wed, 21 May 2008 11:58:15 -0400, Moshe. Goldfarb wrote:

    >>>(snip)

    >>>.. What's LIEnix?

    >> What do you expect from flatfish? He has only made it to a mental
    >> maturity of that of a four year old.

    >I don't think this is flatfish; Moshe doesn't appear to
    >have flatty's audio expertise. Also, he's now been using
    >this particular nom de plume for a couple of months,
    >whoever he is.

    >As for 4 year olds, I would have to look (I'm certainly no
    >expert in developmental physiology/psychology) but would
    >think that they've barely mastered simple sentences and
    >am not at all clear as to whether they've started on the
    >simpler verb tenses. ;-)

    I was refering to maturity. The 1st grade schoolyard tactics
    are the giveaway.

  2. Re: [News] New LM_Sensors for Linux Released

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, AZ Nomad

    wrote
    on Wed, 21 May 2008 21:45:49 -0500
    :
    > On Wed, 21 May 2008 17:38:33 -0700, The Ghost In The Machine wrote:
    >>In comp.os.linux.advocacy, AZ Nomad
    >>
    >> wrote
    >>on Wed, 21 May 2008 19:24:13 -0500
    >>:

    >>> What do you expect from flatfish? He has only made it to a mental
    >>> maturity of that of a four year old.

    >>I don't think this is flatfish; Moshe doesn't appear to
    >>have flatty's audio expertise. Also, he's now been using
    >>this particular nom de plume for a couple of months,
    >>whoever he is.

    >>As for 4 year olds, I would have to look (I'm certainly no
    >>expert in developmental physiology/psychology) but would
    >>think that they've barely mastered simple sentences and
    >>am not at all clear as to whether they've started on the
    >>simpler verb tenses. ;-)

    > I was refering to maturity. The 1st grade schoolyard tactics
    > are the giveaway.

    Precocious 4 year olds, then. ;-) First grade is around
    age 7-8, though I'd have to look and it may depend on area.

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    People think that libraries are safe. They're wrong. They have ideas.
    (Also occasionally ectoplasmic slime and cute librarians.)

  3. Re: More Linux+ZFS Speculations, New LM_Sensors for Linux Released

    On May 20, 3:19 am, The Ghost In The Machine
    wrote:
    > In comp.os.linux.advocacy,AqD
    >
    > wrote
    > on Mon, 19 May 2008 11:14:50 -0700 (PDT)
    > <7a1f9ef2-0607-4373-89ad-1c9f55ff0...@i36g2000prf.googlegroups.com>:
    >
    > > On May 19, 9:01 pm, Roy Schestowitz
    > > wrote:
    > >

    > > The LM sensor thing is just annoying. Whenever I install a new linux
    > > system I always have to open the stupid setup or config file to
    > > disable it and other useless services, and then shut them down by
    > > myself (which is stupid too - why can't it monitor config file to do
    > > that for users?)

    > > Linux distributions are getting worse and worse everyday.

    > Of course they are. That is why one should go out and
    > spend at least $100 (according to Ebay; the price varies
    > from $100-$150) on Windows Vista Ultimate Edition (either
    > 32- or 64-bit).

    You realize many windows users don't pay for it?

  4. Re: More Linux+ZFS Speculations, New LM_Sensors for Linux Released

    On May 20, 3:03 am, Linonut wrote:
    > *AqDperemptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    > > On May 19, 9:01 pm, Roy Schestowitz
    > > wrote:
    > >

    > > The LM sensor thing is just annoying. Whenever I install a new linux
    > > system I always have to open the stupid setup or config file to
    > > disable it and other useless services, and then shut them down by
    > > myself (which is stupid too - why can't it monitor config file to do
    > > that for users?)

    > Because you don't know how to use your system, that's why.

    Oh really? So you believe it's better to run dozens of "service
    stop" instead of "shutdown all the services I disabled"?

    --
    linux makes you stupid!

  5. Re: More Linux+ZFS Speculations, New LM_Sensors for Linux Released

    AqD wrote:

    >> > The LM sensor thing is just annoying. Whenever I install a new linux
    >> > system I always have to open the stupid setup or config file to
    >> > disable it and other useless services, and then shut them down by
    >> > myself (which is stupid too - why can't it monitor config file to do
    >> > that for users?)

    Did you run sensors-detect? It does give the option to add detected
    devices to /etc/modules.

  6. Re: More Linux+ZFS Speculations, New LM_Sensors for Linux Released

    * AqD peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > On May 20, 3:19 am, The Ghost In The Machine
    >>
    >> Of course they are. That is why one should go out and
    >> spend at least $100 (according to Ebay; the price varies
    >> from $100-$150) on Windows Vista Ultimate Edition (either
    >> 32- or 64-bit).

    > You realize many windows users don't pay for it?

    That's a very important fact for Microsoft. That's why their attitude
    towards activation (not to mention security) is a bit wishy-washy and
    seems to vary with time.

    Bill Gates wanted to at least get you Chinese dudes /addicted/.

    (And I notice you dudes are also getting addicted to another /noxious/
    influence -- the infernal combustion engine -- too.)

    --
    There are people who don't like capitalism, and people who don't like PCs. But
    there's no one who likes the PC who doesn't like Microsoft.[3]

  7. Re: More Linux+ZFS Speculations, New LM_Sensors for Linux Released

    * AqD peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > On May 20, 3:03 am, Linonut wrote:
    >> *AqDperemptorily fired off this memo:
    >>
    >> > On May 19, 9:01 pm, Roy Schestowitz
    >> > wrote:
    >> >

    >> > The LM sensor thing is just annoying. Whenever I install a new linux
    >> > system I always have to open the stupid setup or config file to
    >> > disable it and other useless services, and then shut them down by
    >> > myself (which is stupid too - why can't it monitor config file to do
    >> > that for users?)

    >> Because you don't know how to use your system, that's why.

    > Oh really? So you believe it's better to run dozens of "service
    > stop" instead of "shutdown all the services I disabled"?

    Like I said, you don't know how to use your system.

    > linux makes you stupid!

    It has certainly worked for you.

    Simply put, using your installer to uninstall the service will also stop
    it.

    Ubuntu (for example) provides nice tools you can use. Worst come to
    worst, you, the user, who has gone to the trouble to install and learn
    some Linux, can simply use google and look at the first entry to this
    query:

    disabling linux services

    You really have to be a pathetic user if you can't figure this stuff
    out.

    No wonder K-Man you all the time.

    --
    It's not manufacturers trying to rip anybody off or anything like that.
    There's nobody getting rich writing software that I know of.

  8. Re: More Linux+ZFS Speculations, New LM_Sensors for Linux Released

    On May 26, 12:16 am, Gary M Stewart wrote:

    > Did you run sensors-detect? It does give the option to add detected
    > devices to /etc/modules.

    It doesn't fix the services. All of these background services are
    still set to run no matter what they detect.

    It's very stupid that you have to diable them manually like what
    people do on windows.

  9. Re: More Linux+ZFS Speculations, New LM_Sensors for Linux Released

    On May 26, 9:43 pm, Linonut wrote:
    > *AqDperemptorily fired off this memo:
    >

    > > On May 20, 3:03 am, Linonut wrote:
    > >> *AqDperemptorily fired off this memo:

    > >> Because you don't know how to use your system, that's why.

    > > Oh really? So you believe it's better to run dozens of "service
    > > stop" instead of "shutdown all the services I disabled"?

    > Like I said, you don't know how to use your system.

    It couldn't be. I use the system in the way I like, and if it doesn't
    work this way, I shall change it or abandon it.

    > > linux makes you stupid!

    > It has certainly worked for you.
    >
    > Simply put, using your installer to uninstall the service will also stop
    > it.
    >
    > Ubuntu (for example) provides nice tools you can use. Worst come to
    > worst, you, the user, who has gone to the trouble to install and learn
    > some Linux, can simply use google and look at the first entry to this
    > query:
    >
    > disabling linux services
    >
    > You really have to be a pathetic user if you can't figure this stuff

    I don't use ubuntu. I used arch linux and they don't provide such
    tools, since those tools are usually distro-dependent.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3