THE FREEDOMTOASTER - Linux

This is a discussion on THE FREEDOMTOASTER - Linux ; I read about this in another Usenet group and had to share it... WHAT is a FREEDOMTOASTER? "Freedom Toasters are conveniently located, self-contained, computer-based, 'Bring 'n Burn' facilities. Like vending machines, preloaded to dispense confectionery, Freedom Toasters are preloaded to ...

  1. THE FREEDOMTOASTER

    I read about this in another Usenet group and had to share it...

    WHAT is a FREEDOMTOASTER?

    "Freedom Toasters are conveniently located, self-contained,
    computer-based, 'Bring 'n Burn' facilities.

    Like vending machines, preloaded to dispense confectionery, Freedom Toasters
    are preloaded to dispense free digital products, including software,
    photography, music and literature.

    The Freedom Toaster project began as a means of overcoming the difficulty in
    obtaining Linux and Open Source software due to the restrictive
    telecommunications environment in South Africa, where the easy downloading
    of large pieces of software is just not possible for everyone."

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom...r#Availability

    "Build a Toaster
    Want a Freedom Toaster to call your very own?

    The Freedom Toaster project has started a process of documenting every
    aspect of this wonderful and most desirable gizmo so that anyone, anywhere
    in the world, can literally build a Freedom Toaster of their own."

    http://www.freedomtoaster.org/Build

    --

    Jerry McBride (jmcbride@mail-on.us)

  2. Re: THE FREEDOMTOASTER

    Somewhere between Barstow and Kingman when the drugs began to take effect,
    Jerry McBride wrote:

    > Like vending machines, preloaded to dispense confectionery, Freedom
    > Toasters are preloaded to dispense free digital products, including
    > software, photography, music and literature.

    Wouldn't work in COLA. Trolls would get it wrong, as usual, burn the
    toast.

  3. Re: THE FREEDOMTOASTER

    * Jerry McBride peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > WHAT is a FREEDOMTOASTER?
    >
    > "Freedom Toasters are conveniently located, self-contained,
    > computer-based, 'Bring 'n Burn' facilities.

    Kiosks! He's talking frickin' Linux kiosks!

    > Like vending machines, preloaded to dispense confectionery, Freedom Toasters
    > are preloaded to dispense free digital products, including software,
    > photography, music and literature.
    >
    > The Freedom Toaster project began as a means of overcoming the difficulty in
    > obtaining Linux and Open Source software due to the restrictive
    > telecommunications environment in South Africa, where the easy downloading
    > of large pieces of software is just not possible for everyone."
    >
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom...r#Availability

    The Freedom Toaster is a CANCER!

  4. Re: THE FREEDOMTOASTER

    Verily I say unto thee, that Sweaty the Impaler spake thusly:

    > The Freedom Toaster is a CANCER!

    I don't actually have a reply, I just wanted to see that attribution
    line in all its glory.

    LOL!

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    `----

    03:02:57 up 150 days, 23:38, 6 users, load average: 0.34, 0.26, 0.24

+ Reply to Thread