23 unread, 91 killed - Linux

This is a discussion on 23 unread, 91 killed - Linux ; flyer wrote: > Roy Schestowitz wrote: >> Linonut on Saturday : >> >>> The idiots are really trying desperately to overwhelm this >>> newsgroup, aren't they? >> >> The bigger the Linux problem (to Microsoft + ecosystem) >> becomes, the ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 60

  1. Re: 23 unread, 91 killed

    flyer wrote:
    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >> Linonut on Saturday :
    >>
    >>> The idiots are really trying desperately to overwhelm this
    >>> newsgroup, aren't they?

    >> The bigger the Linux problem (to Microsoft + ecosystem)
    >> becomes, the more aggressive they'll get. Live with it.
    >> we're winning... most evidence arrives from the
    >> non-English-speaking world.

    > Good point. They ARE getting a bit frantic, eh?

    All it takes is a good come back. The trolls either slink away,
    or as in the case of DFS, do the Timmy selective snippages to
    remove context and post his comment spam.

    Yes, they are getting frantic.

    The western world may seem slower, but I look at the positive.
    With the US economy being reduced to 3rd world buying power,
    companies are becoming more cost conscious. Schools one-by-one
    have been embracing Linux. Same with businesses.

    We will see more and more implementations. The Eee PC on Linux
    has demonstrated to people that Linux works and works well on
    such hardware.

    The attempt to overtake Linux by making a version of XP that runs
    on the OLPC laptop will not be fully successful, I predict.
    Reason is that Linux has many applications that have been ported
    over to the OLPC. These include elementary school to college
    level software.

    Microsoft will have to come up with more than solitaire to fill
    the niche. Problem I see with embracing Microsoft is that there
    will have to be a major effort to port software to the OLPC.

    It is like coming out with the new game box and having to now
    port / develop software applications for it.

    Linux definitely has the upper hand.

    --
    HPT
    Quando omni flunkus moritati

  2. Re: 23 unread, 91 killed

    ____/ High Plains Thumper on Sunday 18 May 2008 07:37 : \____

    > flyer wrote:
    >> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>> Linonut on Saturday :

    >>> The bigger the Linux problem (to Microsoft + ecosystem)
    >>> becomes, the more aggressive they'll get. Live with it.
    >>> we're winning... most evidence arrives from the
    >>> non-English-speaking world.

    >> Good point. They ARE getting a bit frantic, eh?

    > All it takes is a good come back. The trolls either slink away,
    > or as in the case of DFS, do the Timmy selective snippages to
    > remove context and post his comment spam.
    >
    > Yes, they are getting frantic.
    >
    > The western world may seem slower, but I look at the positive.
    > With the US economy being reduced to 3rd world buying power,
    > companies are becoming more cost conscious. Schools one-by-one
    > have been embracing Linux. Same with businesses.
    >
    > We will see more and more implementations. The Eee PC on Linux
    > has demonstrated to people that Linux works and works well on
    > such hardware.
    >
    > The attempt to overtake Linux by making a version of XP that runs
    > on the OLPC laptop will not be fully successful, I predict.
    > Reason is that Linux has many applications that have been ported
    > over to the OLPC. These include elementary school to college
    > level software.
    >
    > Microsoft will have to come up with more than solitaire to fill
    > the niche. Problem I see with embracing Microsoft is that there
    > will have to be a major effort to port software to the OLPC.
    >
    > It is like coming out with the new game box and having to now
    > port / develop software applications for it.
    >
    > Linux definitely has the upper hand.

    Ignoring Linux as a force would be nothing less than irrational especially now
    that Ballmer merely /continues/ to name it the number one threat. Windows XP
    is now almost given away for free, so here we are at the stage where Microsoft
    fights libre with gratis and sees sales of Windows and profits falling (as
    should be expected).

    Whenever the Munchkins ridicule the power and prospects of Linux, think of this
    from Microsoft's own mouth:

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | "Ideally, use of the competing technology becomes associated with mental
    | deficiency, as in, "he believes in Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and OS/2."
    | Just keep rubbing it in, via the press, analysts, newsgroups, whatever. Make
    | the complete failure of the competition's technology part of the mythology of
    | the computer industry. We want to place selection pressure on those companies
    | and individuals that show a genetic weakness for competitors' technologies,
    | to make the industry increasingly resistant to such unhealthy strains, over
    | time."
    `----

    - --- Microsoft, internal document
    http://www.groklaw.net/pdf/Comes-3096.pdf

    Yesterday at the gym I had a long chat with a powerful business person who is
    aware of such tactics having managed operations for big org like banks. He'd
    argued that for M/DBAs it's a normal techniques that falls under
    the "disinformation" umbrella. He's seen worse things.

    - --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Y |-(1^2)|^(1/2)+1 K
    Tasks: 159 total, 1 running, 158 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie

  3. Re: 23 unread, 91 killed

    On 2008-05-18, High Plains Thumper wrote:
    > Gregory Shearman wrote:
    >> High Plains Thumper wrote:

    >>> Look at it in a positive manner. Since Linux is succeeding,
    >>> they feel a need to trash the group, similar to the riots in
    >>> Chicago when their beloved team, the Bulls won the world
    >>> series. :-)

    >> What are you talking about? Ping pong? What world series?

    > 1992 riots after the basketball team, Chicago Bulls won the
    > "world" championship. I don't know why they call it "world",
    > because there are no other countries participating. My wife is
    > the sports nut. I prefer martial arts and stock car racing.

    Around here it is Rugby League Football in Winter and Cricket in Summer.
    Rugby League is a similar game to Rugby Union but with few players and
    fewer nations involved. A "world series" of Rugby League would also be a
    joke. Australia _always_ dominates every other country in Rugby League,
    but "every other country" is England, France, New Zealand and Papua New
    Guinea.

    Note well, Rugby League is NOT Australian Rules football, which is
    played in the South, West and North of Australia, but not the East.
    Australian rules is more related to Gaelic Football, but with an oval
    ball...

    > However, seeing that the trolls like to major in the minor, take
    > a minor issue blow it out of proportion. It is business as usual
    > in COLA, unfortunately.

    We have that in cricket...in the medium length game (never in the long
    game... a test match is an artform over 5 days). Sometimes the game's
    result is known an hour before the end, the crowd is all liquored up and
    they start brawling and bottle throwing.. It gets ugly, but that's just
    the way people are.

    --
    Regards,

    Gregory.
    Gentoo Linux - Penguin Power

  4. Re: 23 unread, 91 killed

    On May 18, 2:31 am, Linonut wrote:
    > The idiots are really trying desperately to overwhelm this newsgroup,
    > aren't they?

    Yes, especially the dumb**** Roy.

  5. Re: 23 unread, 91 killed

    On May 18, 10:54 am, none of your buisiness wrote:
    > Linonut wrote:
    > > The idiots are really trying desperately to overwhelm this newsgroup,
    > > aren't they?

    > they sure are, the problem is two fold. there are a few "Advocates" here who
    > like to feed the trolls & will not ignore them. they, too, are responsible
    > for the trashing of this group.

    ROFL, so what would you post here if there is no trool? :P

  6. Re: 23 unread, 91 killed

    none of your buisiness writes:

    > Linonut wrote:
    >
    >> The idiots are really trying desperately to overwhelm this newsgroup,
    >> aren't they?
    >>

    > they sure are, the problem is two fold. there are a few "Advocates" here who
    > like to feed the trolls & will not ignore them. they, too, are responsible
    > for the trashing of this group.
    >
    > i found that i could effectively filter out over 90% of the trolls in this
    > group by just killfiling all post from Motzarella.org, free.teranews.com,
    > news.astraweb.com, orange.nl & googlegroups.com. however, that does not do
    > to good when the trollfeeders like, Kelsey, Ghost, Rick & Keir (who i have
    > killfiled) & a few others keep responding to these stupid trolls.

    Wow. Lets hope no new users come from this groups eh you dribbling
    loony. So much for "free" and "open". Sheesh.

  7. Re: 23 unread, 91 killed

    * none of your buisiness peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > i found that i could effectively filter out over 90% of the trolls in this
    > group by just killfiling all post from Motzarella.org, free.teranews.com,
    > news.astraweb.com, orange.nl & googlegroups.com. however, that does not do
    > to good when the trollfeeders like, Kelsey, Ghost, Rick & Keir (who i have
    > killfiled) & a few others keep responding to these stupid trolls.

    Haven't heard from Kier in quite awhile. Did I accidentally kf him?

    --
    People always fear change. People feared electricity when it was invented,
    didn't they? People feared coal, they feared gas-powered engines...

  8. Re: 23 unread, 91 killed

    > Ignoring Linux as a force would be nothing less than irrational especially now
    > that Ballmer merely /continues/ to name it the number one threat. Windows XP
    > is now almost given away for free, so here we are at the stage where Microsoft
    > fights libre with gratis and sees sales of Windows and profits falling (as
    > should be expected).

    I don't know about giving away XP for free (witness the "double-dipping"
    accounts).

    But I notice in the Office Depot pamphlet in today's Sunday paper that
    most of the Vista Home Premium laptops are now sporting 3 Gb and 4 Gb,
    with fairly low price-lines.

    --
    Microsoft is not about greed. It's about innovation and fairness.
    -- Bill Gates

  9. Re: 23 unread, 91 killed

    Linonut wrote:

    > The idiots are really trying desperately to overwhelm this newsgroup,
    > aren't they?

    Well, judging by "Moshe's" shadow, that fsckwit alone posts a hundred
    messages a day in here...

  10. Re: 23 unread, 91 killed

    On Sun, 18 May 2008 11:41:41 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > none of your buisiness writes:
    >
    >> Linonut wrote:
    >>
    >>> The idiots are really trying desperately to overwhelm this newsgroup,
    >>> aren't they?
    >>>

    >> they sure are, the problem is two fold. there are a few "Advocates" here who
    >> like to feed the trolls & will not ignore them. they, too, are responsible
    >> for the trashing of this group.
    >>
    >> i found that i could effectively filter out over 90% of the trolls in this
    >> group by just killfiling all post from Motzarella.org, free.teranews.com,
    >> news.astraweb.com, orange.nl & googlegroups.com. however, that does not do
    >> to good when the trollfeeders like, Kelsey, Ghost, Rick & Keir (who i have
    >> killfiled) & a few others keep responding to these stupid trolls.

    > Wow. Lets hope no new users come from this groups eh you dribbling
    > loony. So much for "free" and "open". Sheesh.

    As a result of Roy Schestowitz crapflood of SPAM, COLA is getting no new
    Linux advocates.

    Google Groups shows a direct correlation between the time that Schestowitz
    planted his lame robot SPAM machines in COLA and a lack of new blood here.

    A couple of years ago there were many Linux advocates posting here.
    Now there are about 5.

    It's all in Google.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  11. Re: 23 unread, 91 killed

    On Sun, 18 May 2008 10:39:10 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    > On Sun, 18 May 2008 09:54:01 -0400, Linonut wrote:
    >
    >> * AqD peremptorily fired off this memo:

    >>> Yes, especially the dumb**** Roy.

    >> Roy's no "dumb****".

    > True.
    > Schestowitz is more of an idiot and a self serving hypocrite.

    Naw .. that's you.

    > He sure
    > sucked you hook line and sinker.
    >
    > Someday a little light bulb in your head will turn on and you will get
    > it. Until then, you'll just be Roy's lap dog.

    No, that's you. You follow him like a little puppy. When will you get
    help for your obsession? You will finally be able to move on to more
    positive pursuits.

    --
    Rick

  12. Re: 23 unread, 91 killed

    chrisv wrote:

    > Linonut wrote:
    >
    >> The idiots are really trying desperately to overwhelm this newsgroup,
    >> aren't they?

    > Well, judging by "Moshe's" shadow, that fsckwit alone posts a hundred
    > messages a day in here...

    That ****wit being Tattoo Vampire.

  13. Re: 23 unread, 91 killed

    * Rick peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > On Sun, 18 May 2008 10:39:10 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >
    >> He [Roy] sure
    >> sucked you hook line and sinker.

    /Nobody/ suckers me.

    Like most people in this forum who are not trolls, I try hard to think
    for myself.

    >> Someday a little light bulb in your head will turn on and you will get
    >> it. Until then, you'll just be Roy's lap dog.

    I am /nobody's/ lap dog.

    A lap dog cannot control what he does.

    > No, that's you. You follow him like a little puppy. When will you get
    > help for your obsession? You will finally be able to move on to more
    > positive pursuits.

    The irony is palpable with "Moshe".

    --
    Probably the most dangerous and powerful industrialist of our age.
    -- Scott McNealy, of Sun Microsystems

  14. Re: 23 unread, 91 killed

    * Nicola Ullman peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > chrisv wrote:
    >
    >> Linonut wrote:
    >>
    >>> The idiots are really trying desperately to overwhelm this newsgroup,
    >>> aren't they?

    >> Well, judging by "Moshe's" shadow, that fsckwit alone posts a hundred
    >> messages a day in here...

    > That ****wit being Tattoo Vampire.

    You're crazy. It is you who shares Moshe's X-Trace to
    feeder.motzarella.org.

    --
    People everywhere love Windows.
    -- Bill Gates

  15. Re: 23 unread, 91 killed

    On Sun, 18 May 2008 09:52:05 -0500, Rick wrote:

    > On Sun, 18 May 2008 10:39:10 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >
    >> On Sun, 18 May 2008 09:54:01 -0400, Linonut wrote:
    >>
    >>> * AqD peremptorily fired off this memo:

    >>> Roy's no "dumb****".

    >> True.
    >> Schestowitz is more of an idiot and a self serving hypocrite.

    > Naw .. that's you.
    >
    >> He sure
    >> sucked you hook line and sinker.
    >>
    >> Someday a little light bulb in your head will turn on and you will get
    >> it. Until then, you'll just be Roy's lap dog.

    > No, that's you. You follow him like a little puppy. When will you get help
    > for your obsession? You will finally be able to move on to more positive
    > pursuits.

    Moshe Flatfish Goldfarb has its own lapdog in the shape of Hardon Quack.
    The troll also seems to have a fanboi stalking it too, just like it stalks
    Roy's posts.

    --
    Mandriva 2008.1 64-bit.
    This message was sent from a

  16. Re: 23 unread, 91 killed

    Linonut wrote:

    > * Nicola Ullman peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> chrisv wrote:

    >>> Well, judging by "Moshe's" shadow, that fsckwit alone posts a hundred
    >>> messages a day in here...

    >> That ****wit being Tattoo Vampire.

    > You're crazy. It is you who shares Moshe's X-Trace to
    > feeder.motzarella.org.

    Post the headers or **** off Linotard.

  17. Re: 23 unread, 91 killed

    On May 18, 9:54 pm, Linonut wrote:
    > * AqD peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    > > On May 18, 2:31 am, Linonut wrote:
    > >> The idiots are really trying desperately to overwhelm this newsgroup,
    > >> aren't they?

    > > Yes, especially the dumb**** Roy.

    > Roy's no "dumb****".

    He posted several articles about SQL injection being a flaw in web
    server or web browser. It's completely false and any senior
    programmers would know that.

    If he doesn't know and thus cannot confirm the accuracy of the
    article, he should not post the link, especially without comment -
    otherwise he's just spreading FUD.

    So he's either an idiot, or a bastard who's trying to attack linux
    competitors by telling lies.

  18. Re: 23 unread, 91 killed

    On Sun, 18 May 2008 10:50:35 -0700 (PDT), AqD wrote:

    > On May 18, 9:54 pm, Linonut wrote:
    >> * AqD peremptorily fired off this memo:

    >>> Yes, especially the dumb**** Roy.

    >> Roy's no "dumb****".

    > He posted several articles about SQL injection being a flaw in web
    > server or web browser. It's completely false and any senior
    > programmers would know that.
    >
    > If he doesn't know and thus cannot confirm the accuracy of the
    > article, he should not post the link, especially without comment -
    > otherwise he's just spreading FUD.
    >
    > So he's either an idiot, or a bastard who's trying to attack linux
    > competitors by telling lies.

    Correct on both counts.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  19. Re: 23 unread, 91 killed

    * AqD peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > On May 18, 9:54 pm, Linonut wrote:
    >> * AqD peremptorily fired off this memo:

    >> > Yes, especially the dumb**** Roy.

    >> Roy's no "dumb****".

    > He posted several articles about SQL injection being a flaw in web
    > server or web browser. It's completely false and any senior
    > programmers would know that.

    I don't know about "completely" false, as it is mentioned to be
    effective only on Microsoft SQL Server in the wikipedia article I quoted.

    > If he doesn't know and thus cannot confirm the accuracy of the
    > article, he should not post the link, especially without comment -
    > otherwise he's just spreading FUD.
    >
    > So he's either an idiot, or a bastard who's trying to attack linux
    > competitors by telling lies.

    He's posting articles, Eagle Dude. Maybe he needs a disclaimer about
    fact-checking these articles. But being a bastardly lie teller?

    If you think that, keep posting "corrections".

    --
    Probably the most dangerous and powerful industrialist of our age.
    -- Scott McNealy, of Sun Microsystems

  20. Re: 23 unread, 91 killed

    Linonut wrote:

    > He's posting articles, Eagle Dude. * Maybe he needs a disclaimer about
    > fact-checking these articles. *But being a bastardly lie teller?
    >
    > If you think that, keep posting "corrections".

    this is just another troll, Linonut. just kill file him as well.