Stallman: boycott Amazon - Linux

This is a discussion on Stallman: boycott Amazon - Linux ; * Homer peremptorily fired off this memo: > Verily I say unto thee, that Linonut spake thusly: >>> >>> DooFy would support selling his granny to a meat processing >>> factory, if it meant he and his beloved gang of ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 51 of 51

  1. Re: Stallman: boycott Amazon

    ?

    --
    Television is not real life. In real life people actually have to leave the
    coffee shop and go to jobs.

  2. Re: Stallman: boycott Amazon

    In article ,
    "Stephen Townshend" wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb (flatfish) in real life Gary Stewart
    >
    > http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2008/...arb-troll.html
    > http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2007/...ish-troll.html
    >
    > Traits:
    >
    > * Nym shifting (see below)
    > * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    > * Homophobic
    > * Racist
    > * Habitual liar
    > * Frequently cross posts replies to other non-Linux related newsgroups
    > * Frequently cross posts articles originally not posted to COLA

    Anyone who wants to play netcop, note that the above poster is posting
    using motzarella.org, and is probably violating their terms of service.
    Their TOS prohibits using real domains in the From address without
    permission. He's using real domains in many of his posts, and is seems
    rather unlikely he has permission for all of them.

    --
    --Tim Smith

  3. Re: Stallman: boycott Amazon

    Tim Smith writes:

    > In article ,
    > "Stephen Townshend" wrote:
    >
    >> Moshe Goldfarb (flatfish) in real life Gary Stewart
    >>
    >> http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2008/...arb-troll.html
    >> http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2007/...ish-troll.html
    >>
    >> Traits:
    >>
    >> * Nym shifting (see below)
    >> * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    >> * Homophobic
    >> * Racist
    >> * Habitual liar
    >> * Frequently cross posts replies to other non-Linux related newsgroups
    >> * Frequently cross posts articles originally not posted to COLA

    > Anyone who wants to play netcop, note that the above poster is posting
    > using motzarella.org, and is probably violating their terms of service.
    > Their TOS prohibits using real domains in the From address without
    > permission. He's using real domains in many of his posts, and is seems
    > rather unlikely he has permission for all of them.

    One has to wonder where Willy "Filters" Poaster is now.

    --
    This is Unix we're talking about, remember. It's not supposed to be
    nice for the applications programmer.

  4. Re: Stallman: boycott Amazon

    On Mon, 19 May 2008 10:57:19 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > Tim Smith writes:
    >
    >> In article ,
    >> "Stephen Townshend" wrote:
    >>
    >>> Moshe Goldfarb (flatfish) in real life Gary Stewart
    >>>
    >>> http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2008/...arb-troll.html
    >>> http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2007/...ish-troll.html
    >>>
    >>> Traits:
    >>>
    >>> * Nym shifting (see below)
    >>> * Self confessed thief and proud of it * Homophobic
    >>> * Racist
    >>> * Habitual liar
    >>> * Frequently cross posts replies to other non-Linux related
    >>> newsgroups * Frequently cross posts articles originally not posted
    >>> to COLA

    >> Anyone who wants to play netcop, note that the above poster is posting
    >> using motzarella.org, and is probably violating their terms of service.
    >> Their TOS prohibits using real domains in the From address without
    >> permission. He's using real domains in many of his posts, and is seems
    >> rather unlikely he has permission for all of them.

    > One has to wonder where Willy "Filters" Poaster is now.

    Why?

    --
    Rick

  5. Re: Stallman: boycott Amazon

    Rick wrote:
    > Hadron wrote:
    >> Tim Smith writes:

    >>> Anyone who wants to play netcop, note that the above
    >>> poster is posting using motzarella.org, and is probably
    >>> violating their terms of service. Their TOS prohibits
    >>> using real domains in the From address without permission.
    >>> He's using real domains in many of his posts, and is seems
    >>> rather unlikely he has permission for all of them.

    Interesting that if it is a troll like Moshe, Hadron, DFS,
    Ezekiel, Snit, Clogwog, and their hundreds of sock puppets et al,
    Mr. Smith has no complaints. Someone "steals" a sock puppet's
    nym (in this case PhlatPhish), it is a complaint and a slap in
    the face of someone who would report abuses in c.o.l.advocacy by
    calling them netcops.

    Very sad indeed. This is an example of:

    7.6 Trespasser Disinformation Tactics

    45. Criticize Linux Advocates but ignore anti-Linux propagandist
    transgressions. Always criticize the behavior of Linux
    Advocates, but, ignore the same and even worse transgressions are
    being committed by your fellow Trespassers.

    >> One has to wonder where Willy "Filters" Poaster is now.

    Ah, [H]adron complains, because William ignores his taunts with
    an effective, tight filter, in whose confines no one can hear him
    screaming like a little gyrl.

    > Why?

    They are both trolls, would anyone expect anything different?

    I haven't an idea of who the masked caper is, (although a troll
    though he found a clue. I thought that might have been a bone to
    throw off a trail sniffer.) Must admit that it certainly has
    been humorous. Moshe comes up with an idiotic, anti-advocate
    slimy remark, and the reply flag comes. Seems like
    someone is running a posting script.

    --
    HPT

  6. Re: Stallman: boycott Amazon

    High Plains Thumper wrote:

    > Moshe comes up with an idiotic, anti-advocate
    > slimy remark,

    ie, the truth

    > and the reply flag comes. Seems like
    > someone is running a posting script.

    Wow! You're really on top of things around here, Nanny HPT!

  7. Re: Stallman: boycott Amazon

    On Mon, 19 May 2008 06:56:15 -0600, High Plains Thumper wrote:

    > Rick wrote:
    >> Hadron wrote:

    > Interesting that if it is a troll like Moshe, Hadron, DFS, Ezekiel, Snit,
    > Clogwog, and their hundreds of sock puppets et al, Mr. Smith has no
    > complaints. Someone "steals" a sock puppet's nym (in this case
    > PhlatPhish), it is a complaint and a slap in the face of someone who would
    > report abuses in c.o.l.advocacy by calling them netcops.
    >
    > Very sad indeed. This is an example of:
    >
    > http://www.faqs.org/faqs/linux/advocacy/faq-and-primer/
    >

    > 7.6 Trespasser Disinformation Tactics
    >
    > 45. Criticize Linux Advocates but ignore anti-Linux propagandist
    > transgressions. Always criticize the behavior of Linux Advocates, but,
    > ignore the same and even worse transgressions are being committed by your
    > fellow Trespassers.
    >
    >>> One has to wonder where Willy "Filters" Poaster is now.

    > Ah, [H]adron complains, because William ignores his taunts with an
    > effective, tight filter, in whose confines no one can hear him screaming
    > like a little gyrl.

    Trolls hate being ignored, Quack is no exception, hence his peurile
    attacks. Probably why the troll left aolu, as more people found out what
    he was & were kf'ing him (in spite of the troll blaming other
    circumstances).

    >> Why?

    > They are both trolls, would anyone expect anything different?

    Nope.

    > I haven't an idea of who the masked caper is, (although a troll though he
    > found a clue. I thought that might have been a bone to throw off a trail
    > sniffer.) Must admit that it certainly has been humorous. Moshe comes
    > up with an idiotic, anti-advocate slimy remark, and the reply
    > flag comes. Seems like someone is running a posting script.

    It would seem so. I can't see anyone watching for *every* Flatfish post,
    then posting the "Moshe is Flatfish" stuff. If they *are* doing that, it
    must be a PITA.

    --
    Mandriva 2008.1 64-bit.
    This message was sent from a

  8. Re: Stallman: boycott Amazon

    On Mon, 19 May 2008 09:26:05 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >
    >> Moshe comes up with an idiotic, anti-advocate
    >> slimy remark,

    > ie, the truth
    >

    >> and the reply flag comes. Seems like
    >> someone is running a posting script.

    > Wow! You're really on top of things around here, Nanny HPT!

    Yea, HPT arrives just in time to water down the ashes.

    FWIW, if the Linux loons wish to pollute their own group, that's fine with
    me because I don't care one way or the other.

    Like you say, they crap where they live.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  9. Re: Stallman: boycott Amazon

    In article ,
    High Plains Thumper wrote:
    > Interesting that if it is a troll like Moshe, Hadron, DFS,
    > Ezekiel, Snit, Clogwog, and their hundreds of sock puppets et al,
    > Mr. Smith has no complaints. Someone "steals" a sock puppet's

    If you can point out any of them posting hundreds of identical, probably
    automated, posts, I'll gladly complain about them.

    --
    --Tim Smith

  10. Re: Stallman: boycott Amazon

    "Tim Smith" stated in post
    reply_in_group-583306.08494519052008....supernews.net on
    5/19/08 8:49 AM:

    > In article ,
    > High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >> Interesting that if it is a troll like Moshe, Hadron, DFS,
    >> Ezekiel, Snit, Clogwog, and their hundreds of sock puppets et al,
    >> Mr. Smith has no complaints. Someone "steals" a sock puppet's

    > If you can point out any of them posting hundreds of identical, probably
    > automated, posts, I'll gladly complain about them.

    Just as I happily report people who target my personal or business life.
    There are certain lines the trolls should not cross... listing me as a
    troll, as is dishonestly done above, does not cross that line.

    --
    The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of
    limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and

  11. Re: Stallman: boycott Amazon

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it