Stallman: boycott Amazon - Linux

This is a discussion on Stallman: boycott Amazon - Linux ; Moshe Goldfarb (flatfish) in real life Gary Stewart http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2008/...arb-troll.html http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2007/...ish-troll.html Traits: * Nym shifting (see below) * Self confessed thief and proud of it * Homophobic * Racist * Habitual liar * Frequently cross posts replies to other non-Linux related ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 51

  1. Re: Stallman: boycott Amazon

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

    ! Don Zeigler

  2. Re: Stallman: boycott Amazon

    On Sat, 17 May 2008 23:43:33 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >> On Sat, 17 May 2008 23:10:01 -0400, DFS wrote:

    >>> LMAO @ the strange in the OSS world

    >> And smelly as well.

    > Which when combined with his lousy personality means only a select few -
    > like Rube - can stand him.
    >

    >>> I think it's a silly "patent". So? I love Amazon's selection and
    >>> service and reviews.

    >> Me too.
    >>
    >> Apparently, unlike Linux loons, they don't censor their reviews.

    > And they sell everything.
    >
    > I'm about to order 12oz of this in honor of Fedora 9 and Ubuntu 8.04 being
    > so sloppy
    > http://www.amazon.com/GourmetFoodSto...1081115&sr=8-1

    Funny story:

    I come from the slums of Brooklyn NY which are now million dollar houses.

    My better half comes from upper crust.

    When we first got married, I went to a Thanksgiving party given by my
    better half's aunt and uncle.

    I was sitting in the den watching football on the TV and eating crackers
    that I kept dipping in this "loaf of bread" sized dip. It actually looked
    like a small loaf of white bread.

    I commented that I really liked the taste of this stuff and asked what it
    was....

    Caviar..........

    Duhhh...... That loaf, at the time (mid 80's), was probably worth two
    months salary, if not more, for me.

    Live and learn....

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: Stallman: boycott Amazon

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

    ! Don Zeigler

  4. Re: Stallman: boycott Amazon

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

    ! Don Zeigler

  5. Re: Stallman: boycott Amazon

    In article
    <14e17f75-3ef4-4574-a253-ae2e00c28e10@x19g2000prg.googlegroups.com>,
    bobbie wrote:
    > Besides I can't see why DFS wouldn't support a boycott against Amazon
    > for doing something as obviously stupid as trying to enforce a troll
    > patent on 'one-click' shopping.
    > Or, is DFS trying to say that he really supports patent trolls?

    You should probably learn what a "patent troll" is before you try to use
    the term in public, if you don't want to look silly.

    --
    --Tim Smith

  6. Re: Stallman: boycott Amazon

    In article ,
    "DFS" wrote:
    > And they sell everything.
    >
    > I'm about to order 12oz of this in honor of Fedora 9 and Ubuntu 8.04 being
    > so sloppy
    > http://www.amazon.com/GourmetFoodSto...000LR7QHW/ref=
    > pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=gourmet-food&qid=1211081115&sr=8-1

    They are very clever. Consider Amazon Prime. For those who haven't
    looked into it, here is a summary:

    1. It costs $79/year.

    2. It gives you free two-day shipping on most items.

    3. You can upgrade an order to overnight shipping for $3.99.

    4. There is no minimum order.

    Once you find yourself buying enough from Amazon to decide that Prime is
    worth it, you are then likely to buy a lot more from Amazon, because you
    won't be paying any more for shipping. Even when some other online
    retailer has a better base price on an item, you'll probably end up
    going with Amazon, because shipping from that other retailer will likely
    push the total higher than Amazon's price.

    Leo Laporte pointed this out on the TWiT podcast. He now spends about
    $10k/year at Amazon. They are basically now the default for him--when
    he wants something, he goes to Amazon and gets it. If it weren't for
    Prime, that probably would not have happened.

    Dvorak pointed out that if you become an Amazon affiliate, you can buy
    through your own affiliate links, and effectively get a nice discount,
    which would really add up if you are buying $10k/year through Amazon.
    Leo had not thought of that, and seemed kind of annoyed with himself for
    having not thought of it.

    Combine Prime with the subscription service Amazon has, which lets you
    order things like food and household supplies for automatic regular
    shipments, and they have a pretty compelling service.

    --
    --Tim Smith

  7. Re: Stallman: boycott Amazon

    Moshe Goldfarb writes:

    > On Sat, 17 May 2008 23:47:24 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> Tim Smith writes:

    >>> It wouldn't have mattered, as that boycott ended something like 6 years
    >>> ago.
    >>>
    >>> I think his boycott of Caterpillar is still on, though, so next time you
    >>> are buying farm or construction equipment, you can favor Caterpillar if
    >>> you want to oppose Stallman. :-)
    >>>
    >>> (His beef with Caterpillar is that Israel uses Caterpillar bulldozers in
    >>> military projects and construction projects that Stallman doesn't
    >>> like).

    >> Which is why he is no good as a spokesperson. His real life politics
    >> mess with his "IT agenda" politics. It has all gone to his head. Having
    >> said that, any man who can envision and bring to fruition a masterpiece
    >> like Emacs has something going for him. All Roy Spamowitz has is this:
    >>
    >> http://www.iuron.com
    >>
    >> Be sure to check out the spec and the UI "preview".

    > Seeing as Spamowitz couldn't figure out how to filter on a person instead
    > of an entire ISP, I have my doubts about his programming abilities.
    >
    > Willy Filters had to help him out.
    >
    > BTW I thought that URINE thing was some kind of joke when I tried it.
    > He has to be kidding?

    No. He says he envisions it as a "free" replacement for google.

    Really. Astonishing isn't. I just invented an invisible suit too - I'm
    just waiting for a tailor and some physicists to add the finishing
    touches. Here's a preview:

  8. Re: Stallman: boycott Amazon

    On Sun, 18 May 2008 11:45:41 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb writes:

    >>> Which is why he is no good as a spokesperson. His real life politics
    >>> mess with his "IT agenda" politics. It has all gone to his head. Having
    >>> said that, any man who can envision and bring to fruition a masterpiece
    >>> like Emacs has something going for him. All Roy Spamowitz has is this:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.iuron.com
    >>>
    >>> Be sure to check out the spec and the UI "preview".

    >> Seeing as Spamowitz couldn't figure out how to filter on a person instead
    >> of an entire ISP, I have my doubts about his programming abilities.
    >>
    >> Willy Filters had to help him out.
    >>
    >> BTW I thought that URINE thing was some kind of joke when I tried it.
    >> He has to be kidding?

    > No. He says he envisions it as a "free" replacement for google.
    >
    > Really. Astonishing isn't. I just invented an invisible suit too - I'm
    > just waiting for a tailor and some physicists to add the finishing
    > touches. Here's a preview:

    Haha!

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  9. Re: Stallman: boycott Amazon

    Tim Smith wrote:

    > They are very clever. Consider Amazon Prime. For those who haven't
    > looked into it, here is a summary:

    Interesting. Thanks for the info.

    Amazon has an amazing website for non-PC stuff, but it doesn't hold a candle
    to NewEgg for
    computer hardware.

  10. Re: Stallman: boycott Amazon

    Verily I say unto thee, that bobbie spake thusly:

    > Or, is DFS trying to say that he really supports patent trolls?

    DooFy would support selling his granny to a meat processing factory, if
    it meant he and his beloved gang of Microsoft gangsters got paid for it.

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    `----

    19:01:36 up 149 days, 15:37, 5 users, load average: 0.55, 0.33, 0.26

  11. Re: Stallman: boycott Amazon

    * Homer peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > Verily I say unto thee, that bobbie spake thusly:
    >
    >> Or, is DFS trying to say that he really supports patent trolls?

    > DooFy would support selling his granny to a meat processing factory, if
    > it meant he and his beloved gang of Microsoft gangsters got paid for it.

    There's profit in soylent green, I hear.

    --
    There are people who don't like capitalism, and people who don't like PCs.
    But there's no-one who likes the PC who doesn't like Microsoft.

  12. Re: Stallman: boycott Amazon

    > * Homer peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >> Verily I say unto thee, that bobbie spake thusly:

    >>> Or, is DFS trying to say that he really supports patent trolls?

    >> DooFy would support selling his granny to a meat processing
    >> factory, if it meant he and his beloved gang of Microsoft gangsters
    >> got paid for it.

    > There's profit in soylent green, I hear.

    In some far-off dystopian future, one of DooFy's descendants will be the
    guy who throws the corpses into the machine by day, and posts denials of
    his company's wrongdoings to Soylent Green protesters by night, while he
    denounces home-grown vegetables as "Slopware".

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    `----

    20:58:59 up 149 days, 17:34, 5 users, load average: 0.18, 0.16, 0.17

  13. Re: Stallman: boycott Amazon

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it