[News] Remote Access Device Runs uClinux and Open Source Code - Linux

  2. Re: Remote Access Device Runs uClinux and Open Source Code

    On May 16, 8:13 pm, Roy Schestowitz
    wrote:

    > Linux-based remote access equipment adds monitoring
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | Opengear is integrating the popular Nagios open-source network and device
    > | monitoring software in its open-source, uClinux-based remote access
    > | equipment. Opengear's SDT ("secure desktop tunneling") for Nagios product
    > | combines its SDT Connector remote access client software with Nagios central
    > | management software.
    > `----

    > Related:
    >
    > NoMachine NX 3.0 improves remote access to Linux boxes
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | As a whole, I found NX 3.0 to be very capable software, and faster than VNC,
    > | which for a free solution is reason enough to earn a place on my network.
    > `----

    VNC should not be used for comparison. It sucks ass and I cannot
    imagine anyone would use the crapware for more than 10 seconds before
    dumping it.

    If NX is faster than RDP, then it may be worth trying.

+ Reply to Thread