Municipal of Aarhus post a complaint to DS

,----[ Quote ]
| The city of Aarhus has posted an official complaint to Danish Standards
| regarding the result of the Danish YES-vote.
|
| The complaint is regarding the fact that *all* non-profit votes in Denmark
| asked for a NO. Only commercial pro-Microsoft participants voted YES.
`----

http://lodahl.blogspot.com/2008/05/m...plaint-to.html

Microsoft continues to play dirty.

Where’s the final OOXML specification?

,----[ Quote ]
| Will it ever be available? Does anyone care? Do any rules apply to this at
| all? What are the excuses for this? Just like almost ever other aspect of
| this particular process, dangerous exceptions and precedents are being set.
`----

http://www.sutor.com/newsite/blog-open/?p=2280

Amazing! They could get excluded or embargoed. They walk on a thin rope.

Recent:

Software wars

,----[ Quote ]
| Allegations of committee-stuffing, the outcome of votes overridden by
| political appointees, a final decision that many involved consider tainted:
| this may sound like a discredited election in some third world country. But
| it is actually a description of an ugly fight over international technical
| standards that wrapped up this week. Microsoft came out on top, but at the
| cost of tarnishing its reputation and the credibility of an important
| back-room process that oils the wheels of many global industries. Â* Â* Â*
`----

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/c9743360-01a...duk.com%2Ftool

Denmark: OOXML Vote Won't Affect Public Sector

,----[ Quote ]
| Denmark's public sector will not be affected if Microsoft's latest file
| format is rejected or accepted by the International Organization for
| Standardization (ISO), a government official said Wednesday. Â*
`----

http://www.cio.com/article/188850/De..._Public_Sector

Related:

OOXML News From Denmark

,----[ Quote ]
`----

,----[ Quote ]
| Re: In Denmark, Microsoft has 2 out of 4 votes
|
| InzpektorInzpektor 18 Feb 2008, 15:20 BST
|
| The Danish delegation for the BRM will consist of:
|
| * IBM
| * Dansk Standard (the national standards body)
| * Microsoft - Themselves!
| * Microsoft Gold Certified Partner Ciber A/S
|
| So, I guess that means that the Danish votes are a tie. (Ofcourse with the
| national standards body being the joker here :-) )
|
| Reference:
| http://www.ds.dk/3537 (In Danish)
`----

http://www.noooxml.org/forum/t-41947...sent-australia

The Microsoft OOXML ‘Corruption Train’ Reaches Denmark

,----[ Quote ]
| A committee from Danish Standardisation is going to decide whether to
| recommend a Microsoft standard as an open standard internationally. A
| majority in the committee have close connections to Microsoft, however….17
| out of the 31 members in the committee are so called Microsoft partners….The
| European interest organisation Foundation for a Free Information
| Infrastructure accuses Microsoft of influencing the decision process by
| asking partners to join the national decision committee.
`----

http://boycottnovell.com/2007/07/27/denmark-ooxml/

Martin Bryan: we are getting “standardization by corporation”

,----[ Quote ]
| A November informative report of Martin Bryan, Convenor, ISO/IEC JTC1/SC34
| WG1 highlights the fallout of the ECMA-376 fast-track process for ISO. He
| says he is 'glad to be retiring before the situation becomes impossible'
|
| [...]
|
| In what is an astonishingly outspoken report, Martin Bryan, Convenor, ISO/IEC
| JTC1/SC34 WG1 has given us insight into the total mess that Microsoft/ECMA
| have caused during their scandalous, underhand and unremitting attempts to
| get - what is a very poorly written specification {i.e. DIS 29500 aka OOXML,
| AR} - approved as an ISO standard. …
`----

http://www.noooxml.org/forum/t-30107...by-corporation

Dysfunctional ISO - Courtesy of Microsoft

http://opendotdotdot.blogspot.com/20...microsoft.html

Microsoft accused of stacking ISO committee

| In a memo sent following his last meeting as head of the working group on
| WG1, which is handling Microsoft’s application to make the Word format an ISO
| standard as ECMA 376, outgoing Governor Martin Bryan (above), an expert on
| SGML and XML, accused the company of stacking his group.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/?p=1777

EU Commission Investigating Microsoft's MSOOXML Push

,----[ Quote ]
`----