In-Memory Database Heightens Linux-based Telco Billing/Credit System's Speed,

,----[ Quote ]
| The database enhances service by enabling customers to access account
| features and balances instantly--and builds fault-tolerance into Lifetree's
| operating support system/business support system (OSS/BSS) through its high
| availability sub-system.
| [...]
| For the J@nus rating and credit control platform, Lifetree deploys the 64-bit
| version of McObject's database on 64-bit CentOS/Red Hat Enterprise Linux and

| x64 architecture. The in-memory cache based on eXtremeDB-HA is expected to
| surpass 16 GB in size, Naim Kazi said.

The Big Board Goes Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| The largest stock exchange on Earth is a Linux shop.

"It just tells you how desperate Microsoft is for a competitor that they’re
holding up a software box produced by 100 guys in the hills of North Carolina.
Who are they trying to kid?"

--Robert Young, CEO of Red Hat

Days ago:

Report: Red Hat, SAS among top tech companies

,----[ Quote ]
| Red Hat and SAS are two of the 30 most influential technology companies in
| the world, according to a report released Tuesday by the Aberdeen Group.

Vendor Value: CIOs Rate the Leading Tech Providers

,----[ Quote ]
| This year's No. 1 vendor: open source software vendor Red Hat, which earned a
| remarkable 97 percent loyalty rating.

[Hill Air Force Base Making] Order out of chaos

,----[ Quote ]
| Hill is using Red Hat Enterprise Linux Version 5, which has received Common
| Operating Environment certification from the Defense Information Systems
| Agency, meeting DISA requirements for interoperability, performance and
| standards. It also received certification through the Common Criteria
| Evaluation and Validation Scheme, a cooperative effort of the United States,
| Canada and Europe that’s spearheaded by the National Institute of Standards
| and Technology. CCEVS is “sort of a Good Housekeeping Seal of approval” that
| a product is secure, Smith said. * * *
| Microsoft Windows just doesn’t have a good reputation when it has to scale to
| an enterprise application that requires high levels of security, Smith said. *

Red Hat Named #1 IT Vendor To Do Business With By Customers In Japan

,----[ Quote ]
| Conducted in April 2007, Nikkei Market Access' research surveyed nearly 800
| IT workers from major companies involved in info-com products throughout
| Japan regarding their views of service vendors and system integrators.
| Employees working in corporate information systems sections who maintain
| contact with the nominated vendors throughout the course of their duties were
| asked to respond regarding the products and services of the involved
| companies. The survey evaluated 44 nominated vendors chosen by respondents.
| The top three respective vendors include Red Hat Japan with 27.5 percent of

Feeling the heat at Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| If I ask you who is Microsoft's biggest competitor now, who would it be? *
| to go with that.

Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)