Re: Why do Fedora users continue to use Windows? - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: Why do Fedora users continue to use Windows? - Linux ; On May 15, 12:39 pm, "DFS" wrote: > In their own words: > > * Better support for my external peripherals, USB2, Firewire, etc. > Camcorders, digital cams, external drives and card readers. > > * XP provides a faster ...

  1. Re: Why do Fedora users continue to use Windows?

    On May 15, 12:39 pm, "DFS" wrote:
    > In their own words:
    >
    > * Better support for my external peripherals, USB2, Firewire, etc.
    > Camcorders, digital cams, external drives and card readers.
    >
    > * XP provides a faster desktop environment that is more stable than Gnome or
    > KDE."
    >
    > * the [Linux] desktop environments just aren't there yet.
    >
    > * it just feels wrong to me to pay to run a game on Linux when I can just
    > flick to Windows and have a better experience for free

    Yes. It really sucks nobody makes warez for commercial linux apps.

    > * Installing software and getting things to work in linux is sometimes
    > slower

    You are saying one-command-install is slower than dozens of stupid
    clicks on "YES", "NEXT", "PLEASE JUST ****ING FINISH IT DON'T ASK
    AGAIN!!!!!!!"

  2. Re: Why do Fedora users continue to use Windows?

    * AqD peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > On May 15, 12:39 pm, "DFS" wrote:
    >> In their own words:
    >>
    >> * Better support for my external peripherals, USB2, Firewire, etc.
    >> Camcorders, digital cams, external drives and card readers.
    >>
    >> * XP provides a faster desktop environment that is more stable than Gnome or
    >> KDE."
    >>
    >> * the [Linux] desktop environments just aren't there yet.
    >>
    >> * it just feels wrong to me to pay to run a game on Linux when I can just
    >> flick to Windows and have a better experience for free

    > Yes. It really sucks nobody makes warez for commercial linux apps.

    Better watch it, or S. Heenan or "James" will be quoting you forever.

    --
    The best way to prepare [to be a programmer] is to write programs, and to
    study great programs that other people have written. In my case, I went to

+ Reply to Thread