Re: News - Sony Losing $260 Per PS3 - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: News - Sony Losing $260 Per PS3 - Linux ; * SomeBloke peremptorily fired off this memo: > Moshe Goldfarb wrote: > >>> I guess that unlike what was predicted here in COLA, not everyone is >>> rushing out to buy a PS3 so that they can run linux on ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32

  1. Re: News - Sony Losing $260 Per PS3

    * SomeBloke peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >
    >>> I guess that unlike what was predicted here in COLA, not everyone is
    >>> rushing out to buy a PS3 so that they can run linux on it. Shocking,
    >>> isn't it?

    >> Linux users are known to be cheap.
    >> They won't pay for anything when they can steal it instead.
    >> The problem is they haven't figured out how to steal the PS3 in large
    >> numbers yet.
    >>

    > Yawn.

    Indeed. Moshe will say /anything/ to elicit a response.

    --
    Unfortunately, many programs are so big that there is no one individual who
    really knows all the pieces, and so the amount of code sharing you get isn't

  2. Re: News - Sony Losing $260 Per PS3

    On Thu, 15 May 2008 11:23:47 -0400, Linonut wrote:

    > * SomeBloke peremptorily fired off this memo:

    >>> Linux users are known to be cheap.
    >>> They won't pay for anything when they can steal it instead. The problem
    >>> is they haven't figured out how to steal the PS3 in large numbers yet.
    >>>

    >> Yawn.

    > Indeed. Moshe will say /anything/ to elicit a response.

    Which is typical of what a troll will do to gain attention.

    --
    Mandriva 2008.1 64-bit.
    This message was sent from a

  3. Re: News - Sony Losing $260 Per PS3

    "William Poaster" wrote in message
    newsan.2008.05.15.15.32.16.437133@leafnode.amd64.eu...
    > On Thu, 15 May 2008 11:23:47 -0400, Linonut wrote:
    >
    >> * SomeBloke peremptorily fired off this memo:

    >>> Yawn.

    >> Indeed. Moshe will say /anything/ to elicit a response.

    > Which is typical of what a troll will do to gain attention.

    Another one of many worthless "me too" posts from the village idiot.

  4. Re: News - Sony Losing $260 Per PS3

    On Thu, 15 May 2008 11:44:49 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:

    > "William Poaster" wrote in message
    > newsan.2008.05.15.15.32.16.437133@leafnode.amd64.eu...
    >> On Thu, 15 May 2008 11:23:47 -0400, Linonut wrote:
    >>
    >>> * SomeBloke peremptorily fired off this memo:

    >>> Indeed. Moshe will say /anything/ to elicit a response.

    >> Which is typical of what a troll will do to gain attention.

    > Another one of many worthless "me too" posts from the village idiot.

    Yea Willy Poaster is a totally empty suit.
    Funny how Linonut follows roy Schestowitz around and Willy Poaster follows
    Linonut around.

    It's just like a choo choo train!!
    Of course a couple of cars are derailed.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  5. Re: News - Sony Losing $260 Per PS3

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  6. Re: News - Sony Losing $260 Per PS3

    William Poaster espoused:
    > On Thu, 15 May 2008 11:23:47 -0400, Linonut wrote:
    >
    >> * SomeBloke peremptorily fired off this memo:

    >>> Yawn.

    >> Indeed. Moshe will say /anything/ to elicit a response.

    > Which is typical of what a troll will do to gain attention.

    When they have to put words into your mouth, or mine, in order to spin
    some kind of point, then it's pretty much game over.

  7. Re: News - Sony Losing $260 Per PS3

    On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 12:34:50 +0100, Mark Kent wrote:

    > William Poaster espoused:
    >> On Thu, 15 May 2008 11:23:47 -0400, Linonut wrote:
    >>
    >>> * SomeBloke peremptorily fired off this memo:

    >>> Indeed. Moshe will say /anything/ to elicit a response.

    >> Which is typical of what a troll will do to gain attention.
    >>

    > When they have to put words into your mouth, or mine, in order to spin
    > some kind of point, then it's pretty much game over.

    Well there's one troll who states what people have supposed to have said,
    but when asked for proof of where & when, it just huffs & puffs,
    destroying it's already depleted credibiltiy even futher. It's almost like
    it's in self-destruct mode.

    For some of the trolls, the "game" was over ages ago.

    But the clowns keep cavorting in their circus.

  8. Re: News - Sony Losing $260 Per PS3

    William Poaster wrote:
    > On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 12:34:50 +0100, Mark Kent wrote:
    >
    >> William Poaster espoused:

    >>> Which is typical of what a troll will do to gain attention.
    >>>

    >> When they have to put words into your mouth, or mine, in order to spin
    >> some kind of point, then it's pretty much game over.

    > Well there's one troll who states what people have supposed to have said,
    > but when asked for proof of where & when, it just huffs & puffs,
    > destroying it's already depleted credibiltiy even futher. It's almost like
    > it's in self-destruct mode.
    >
    > For some of the trolls, the "game" was over ages ago.
    >
    > But the clowns keep cavorting in their circus.

    Funny how they come down like a ton of bricks on anyone who posts
    anything against the charter of the newsgroup then proceed to post loads
    of **** that is against the charter.

  9. Re: News - Sony Losing $260 Per PS3

    "Phil Da Lick!" writes:

    > William Poaster wrote:
    >> On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 12:34:50 +0100, Mark Kent wrote:
    >>
    >>> William Poaster espoused:

    >>> When they have to put words into your mouth, or mine, in order to spin
    >>> some kind of point, then it's pretty much game over.

    >> Well there's one troll who states what people have supposed to have said,
    >> but when asked for proof of where & when, it just huffs & puffs,
    >> destroying it's already depleted credibiltiy even futher. It's almost like
    >> it's in self-destruct mode.
    >>
    >> For some of the trolls, the "game" was over ages ago.
    >>
    >> But the clowns keep cavorting in their circus.
    >>

    > Funny how they come down like a ton of bricks on anyone who posts
    > anything against the charter of the newsgroup then proceed to post
    > loads of **** that is against the charter.

    *chuckle*

    It *is* High Plains Hypocrite again!

    --
    This year with the release of XP, they are actually behind. The end days
    are near for the BIOS reading inferior OS. It is inevitable.

  10. Re: News - Sony Losing $260 Per PS3

    Hadron wrote:
    > "Phil Da Lick!" writes:
    >
    >> William Poaster wrote:

    >>> Well there's one troll who states what people have supposed to have said,
    >>> but when asked for proof of where & when, it just huffs & puffs,
    >>> destroying it's already depleted credibiltiy even futher. It's almost like
    >>> it's in self-destruct mode.
    >>>
    >>> For some of the trolls, the "game" was over ages ago.
    >>>
    >>> But the clowns keep cavorting in their circus.
    >>>

    >> Funny how they come down like a ton of bricks on anyone who posts
    >> anything against the charter of the newsgroup then proceed to post
    >> loads of **** that is against the charter.

    > *chuckle*
    >
    > It *is* High Plains Hypocrite again!

    According to the first rule of trollage if you quack it, then it must be so.

    In real world however this is a linux advocacy newsgroup. My six year
    old son could probably work out why trolls such as yourself have zero
    credibility here. Why are you and the dummy brigade having such a hard
    time joining the dots?

  11. Re: News - Sony Losing $260 Per PS3

    Hadron wrote:
    > "Phil Da Lick!" writes:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:
    >>> *chuckle*
    >>>
    >>> It *is* High Plains Hypocrite again!
    >>>

    >> According to the first rule of trollage if you quack it, then it must be so.
    >>
    >> In real world however this is a linux advocacy newsgroup. My six year
    >> old son could probably work out why trolls such as yourself have zero
    >> credibility here. Why are you and the dummy brigade having such a hard
    >> time joining the dots?

    > Linux meets all your needs does it High Plains Hypocrite ?

    What does that have to do with what I posted? Why don't you just ****
    off to a windoze advoacy group? If you think I'm actually HPT well then
    that just shows how retarded you are. Go and join the rest of the clowns.

  12. Re: Wintroll Logic 101:

    "Phil Da Lick!" writes:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >>> Rabid posts? Try reviewing some of the posts from the wintroll dummy
    >>> brigade sometime if you want to see rabid. I remind you again this is
    >>> a LINUX ADVOCACY group. Not a windows group. Not even a "both" group.

    >> So, err, why do you and your brothers keep talking about Windows?

    > Err, because it is a competitor? And the current industry standard?
    > Hardly rocket science.

    But you just explained about how you were supposed to advocate LINUX
    here. Make up your mind.

  13. Re: Wintroll Logic 101:

    Hadron wrote:

    >>> So, err, why do you and your brothers keep talking about Windows?

    >> Err, because it is a competitor? And the current industry standard?
    >> Hardly rocket science.

    > But you just explained about how you were supposed to advocate LINUX
    > here. Make up your mind.

    I do advocate linux here. That is why I came here. To a linux advocacy
    group. Why the hell are you here again?

    I also use windows. Big ****ing deal. Get over it.

  14. Re: Wintroll Logic 101:

    But above you said:

    ,----
> [...]
    `----

    Let me remind you AGAIN - you said this. Calm down High Plains
    Hypocrite, you'll bust a blood vessel!

    --
    - "Thats what I have been saying for 5 years. Consumers are tired, they
    want something new and more exciting."

  15. Re: Wintroll Logic 101:

    Hadron wrote:
    > "Phil Da Lick!" writes:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:

    >>> But you just explained about how you were supposed to advocate LINUX
    >>> here. Make up your mind.

    >> I do advocate linux here. That is why I came here. To a linux advocacy
    >> group. Why the hell are you here again?
    >>
    >> I also use windows. Big ****ing deal. Get over it.

    > But above you said:
    >
    > ,----
    > `----
    >
    > Let me remind you AGAIN - you said this. Calm down High Plains
    > Hypocrite, you'll bust a blood vessel!

    Please point out where I state that I come here to advocate windows.

  16. Re: Wintroll Logic 101:

    "Phil Da Lick!" writes:

    > Hadron wrote:

    >>> I do advocate linux here. That is why I came here. To a linux advocacy
    >>> group. Why the hell are you here again?
    >>>
    >>> I also use windows. Big ****ing deal. Get over it.

    >> But above you said:
    >>
    >> ,----
    >> `----
    >>
    >> Let me remind you AGAIN - you said this. Calm down High Plains
    >> Hypocrite, you'll bust a blood vessel!
    >>

    > Please point out where I state that I come here to advocate windows.

    Sigh. Once again:

    "a LINUX ADVOCACY group. Not a windows group. Not even a "both" group."

    And elsewhere in the thread you start on about how Windows is "broken"
    etc etc. The only thing broken is your record. The needle has got stuck.

    --
    - "Thats what I have been saying for 5 years. Consumers are tired, they
    want something new and more exciting."

  17. Re: Wintroll Logic 101:

    Hadron wrote:
    > "Phil Da Lick!" writes:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:

    >>> But above you said:
    >>>
    >>> ,----
    >>> `----
    >>>
    >>> Let me remind you AGAIN - you said this. Calm down High Plains
    >>> Hypocrite, you'll bust a blood vessel!
    >>>

    >> Please point out where I state that I come here to advocate windows.
    >>

    > Sigh. Once again:
    >
    > "a LINUX ADVOCACY group. Not a windows group. Not even a "both" group."
    >
    > And elsewhere in the thread you start on about how Windows is "broken"
    > etc etc. The only thing broken is your record. The needle has got stuck.

    And that fits the definition of adovcating windows how exactly? And any
    comments relating to windows made by me in this thread were responses to
    you bringing the subject of windows up. Try some basic comprehension
    of the english language.

  18. Re: Wintroll Logic 101:

    "Phil Da Lick!" writes:

    > Hadron wrote:

    >>> Please point out where I state that I come here to advocate windows.
    >>>

    >> Sigh. Once again:
    >>
    >> "a LINUX ADVOCACY group. Not a windows group. Not even a "both" group."
    >>
    >> And elsewhere in the thread you start on about how Windows is "broken"
    >> etc etc. The only thing broken is your record. The needle has got stuck.
    >>

    > And that fits the definition of adovcating windows how exactly? And

    Advocating Windows? Huh? What are you talking about. You sure get
    confused quickly.

    Since you claim you are not High Plains Hypocrite then I guess you must
    be his twin or something.

    --
    "Hey, who needs mp3, wma, acc when we can have ogg?"
    -- "Moshe Goldfarb." in comp.os.linux.advocacy

  19. Re: Wintroll Logic 101:

    Hadron wrote:
    >> And that fits the definition of adovcating windows how exactly? And

    > Advocating Windows? Huh? What are you talking about. You sure get
    > confused quickly.

    I come to comp.os.linux.advocacy to advocate linux. I would describe
    people who come here to slag linux or its advocates off as confused. I
    suppose its a matter of perspective.

  20. Re: Wintroll Logic 101:

    "Phil Da Lick!" writes:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >>> And that fits the definition of adovcating windows how exactly? And

    >> Advocating Windows? Huh? What are you talking about. You sure get
    >> confused quickly.

    > I come to comp.os.linux.advocacy to advocate linux. I would describe
    > people who come here to slag linux or its advocates off as confused. I
    > suppose its a matter of perspective.

    What advocates (note absence of inverted commas) do I slag off? Slagging off hypocrites who use Windows
    24x7 and tell lies about Windows is not slagging off advocates.

    --
    "Ignore the forging nym-shifting troll who pretends to be chrisv! I'm the *REAL* chrisv!"
    chrisv, COLA.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast