Re: [News] Many New Screenshots of Fedora 9 and Other Linuxes (Covergence) - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: [News] Many New Screenshots of Fedora 9 and Other Linuxes (Covergence) - Linux ; On Thu, 15 May 2008 04:00:23 -0700 (PDT), Htnakirs wrote: > Ubuntu and its brothers are highly overrated. Userfriendliess is > probably not as important as fool proofing as far as UI design is > ccccccconcerned in Ubuntuuuu. I have ...

  1. Re: [News] Many New Screenshots of Fedora 9 and Other Linuxes (Covergence)

    On Thu, 15 May 2008 04:00:23 -0700 (PDT), Htnakirs wrote:

    > Ubuntu and its brothers are highly overrated. Userfriendliess is
    > probably not as important as fool proofing as far as UI design is
    > ccccccconcerned in Ubuntuuuu. I have found PClinux as the most
    > liberal offff distros. ooooooffering the admin tools needdddded
    > withouuuut prejudice. Ubunnntu is diametrically opposite with
    > regardddddd to access to admin tools. Changggggggging display
    > resolution is a simple task that lookkks challenging iiiiiin
    > Ubuuuuuntu but is a breeze innnnnn PCLinuuuuuuuuux.
    >
    > (forgive the repeated keystrokes. K3B on Mandriva seems toooo consume
    > too much resources))
    >

    > My linux diary : gnu2linux.blogspott.com

    I agree that out of the various Linux distributions, PCLinuxOS is probably
    the best one of the bunch. It's the only one that supports my Asus/VIA
    onboard RAID controller out of the box without recompiling the kernel.
    I also like that the install does not include 15 of each kind of
    application but instead includes what I consider the best ones of the
    bunch.
    I just don't like Ubuntu although I have not tried the latest version.
    Fedora is riddled with bugs and always has been.
    Mepis is pretty decent.
    Mint is decent.
    Puppy Linux is decent and gets points for being different and fun.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  2. Re: [News] Many New Screenshots of Fedora 9 and Other Linuxes (Covergence)

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic