Actor Kevin Spacey Meets With Chavez - Linux

This is a discussion on Actor Kevin Spacey Meets With Chavez - Linux ; http://www.wkrn.com/nashville/news/a...vez/119905.htm These meetings of Chavez with Hollywood stars remind me of a Bloom County cartoon, in which Bill Gates has trouble getting a date, so he tells a girl: "If you go out with me, I'll buy you Canada". Girl: ...

  1. Actor Kevin Spacey Meets With Chavez

    http://www.wkrn.com/nashville/news/a...vez/119905.htm

    These meetings of Chavez with Hollywood stars remind me of a Bloom
    County cartoon, in which Bill Gates has trouble getting a date, so he
    tells a girl: "If you go out with me, I'll buy you Canada".

    Girl: "Okay, but no kissing".

    -Ramon

  2. Re: Actor Kevin Spacey Meets With Chavez

    On Sep 25, 7:14 am, Ramon F Herrera wrote:
    > http://www.wkrn.com/nashville/news/a...y-meets-with-c...
    >
    > These meetings of Chavez with Hollywood stars remind me of a Bloom
    > County cartoon, in which Bill Gates has trouble getting a date, so he
    > tells a girl: "If you go out with me, I'll buy you Canada".
    >
    > Girl: "Okay, but no kissing".
    >
    > -Ramon

    Why are all dictators star struck?

  3. Re: Actor Kevin Spacey Meets With Chavez

    On Sep 25, 10:17 am, "John Bailo, Texeme.Construct"
    wrote:
    > On Sep 25, 7:14 am, Ramon F Herrera wrote:
    >
    > >http://www.wkrn.com/nashville/news/a...y-meets-with-c...

    > > These meetings of Chavez with Hollywood stars remind me of a Bloom
    > > County cartoon, in which Bill Gates has trouble getting a date, so he
    > > tells a girl: "If you go out with me, I'll buy you Canada".

    > > Girl: "Okay, but no kissing".

    > > -Ramon

    > Why are all dictators star struck?

    The trouble is: Chavez has too much money. Gates at least has a board
    of directors to answer to, while Chavez is the richest man in the
    world, as he owes a country.

    ....and every time you spend $1.00 in gas, 14 cents go to Chavez'
    pocket.

    -Ramon
    (unfortunately -and temporarily- in Venezuela)

  4. Re: Actor Kevin Spacey Meets With Chavez

    John Bailo, Texeme.Construct wrote:
    > On Sep 25, 7:14 am, Ramon F Herrera wrote:
    >> http://www.wkrn.com/nashville/news/a...y-meets-with-c...
    >>
    >> These meetings of Chavez with Hollywood stars remind me of a Bloom
    >> County cartoon, in which Bill Gates has trouble getting a date, so he
    >> tells a girl: "If you go out with me, I'll buy you Canada".
    >>
    >> Girl: "Okay, but no kissing".
    >>
    >> -Ramon

    > Why are all dictators star struck?

    What are all republican voters the same way?

  5. Re: Actor Kevin Spacey Meets With Chavez

    On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 07:17:21 -0700, John Bailo, Texeme.Construct wrote:

    > On Sep 25, 7:14 am, Ramon F Herrera wrote:
    >> http://www.wkrn.com/nashville/news/a...ey-meets-with-

    c...

    >> These meetings of Chavez with Hollywood stars remind me of a Bloom
    >> County cartoon, in which Bill Gates has trouble getting a date, so he
    >> tells a girl: "If you go out with me, I'll buy you Canada".
    >>
    >> Girl: "Okay, but no kissing".
    >>
    >> -Ramon

    > Why are all dictators star struck?

    ... and what does it have to do with Linux?

    --
    Rick

  6. Re: Actor Kevin Spacey Meets With Chavez

    On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 07:14:32 -0700, Ramon F Herrera wrote:

    > http://www.wkrn.com/nashville/news/a...ey-meets-with-

    chavez/119905.htm

    > These meetings of Chavez with Hollywood stars remind me of a Bloom
    > County cartoon, in which Bill Gates has trouble getting a date, so he
    > tells a girl: "If you go out with me, I'll buy you Canada".
    >
    > Girl: "Okay, but no kissing".
    >
    > -Ramon

    Did they discuss Linux?

    --
    Rick

  7. Re: Actor Kevin Spacey Meets With Chavez

    Rick wrote:
    > On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 07:14:32 -0700, Ramon F Herrera wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.wkrn.com/nashville/news/a...ey-meets-with-

    > chavez/119905.htm
    >> These meetings of Chavez with Hollywood stars remind me of a Bloom
    >> County cartoon, in which Bill Gates has trouble getting a date, so he
    >> tells a girl: "If you go out with me, I'll buy you Canada".
    >>
    >> Girl: "Okay, but no kissing".
    >>
    >> -Ramon

    > Did they discuss Linux?

    Kevin Spacey: "What is your favorite distro?"
    Hugo Chavez: "Damn Small"

  8. Re: Actor Kevin Spacey Meets With Chavez

    On 2007-09-25, Captain America wrote:
    > John Bailo, Texeme.Construct wrote:
    >> On Sep 25, 7:14 am, Ramon F Herrera wrote:
    >>> http://www.wkrn.com/nashville/news/a...y-meets-with-c...
    >>>
    >>> These meetings of Chavez with Hollywood stars remind me of a Bloom
    >>> County cartoon, in which Bill Gates has trouble getting a date, so he
    >>> tells a girl: "If you go out with me, I'll buy you Canada".
    >>>
    >>> Girl: "Okay, but no kissing".
    >>>
    >>> -Ramon

    >> Why are all dictators star struck?
    >>

    > What are all republican voters the same way?

    At least there are few enough dictators to
    make generalizations seem not entirely assinine.

    --

    Some people have this nutty idea that in 1997 |||
    reading to a hard disk and writing to a hard disk / | \

+ Reply to Thread