I switch to linux every month or so. - Linux

This is a discussion on I switch to linux every month or so. - Linux ; But I get fed up. Then I promptly switch back to whatever OS I feel like installing. Then I get fed up again. And I think 'Oh, someone on slashdot said that this is the time to switch to linux! ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32

  1. I switch to linux every month or so.

    But I get fed up.
    Then I promptly switch back to whatever OS I feel like installing.
    Then I get fed up again.
    And I think 'Oh, someone on slashdot said that this is the time to switch to linux! I should try it AGAIN!'...
    then I switch to linux.
    Until I get fed up...

  2. Re: I switch to linux every month or so.

    Anonymous Sender :
    > But I get fed up.
    > Then I promptly switch back to whatever OS I feel like installing.
    > Then I get fed up again.
    > And I think 'Oh, someone on slashdot said that this is the time to switch to linux! I should try it AGAIN!'...
    > then I switch to linux.
    > Until I get fed up...

    sed s/linux/windows

    --
    I did this 'cause Linux gives me a woody. It doesn't generate revenue.
    -- Dave '-ddt->` Taylor, announcing DOOM for Linux

    www.websterscafe.com

  3. Re: I switch to linux every month or so.

    On 05/15/2008 09:22 AM, Anonymous Sender wrote:
    > But I get fed up.
    > Then I promptly switch back to whatever OS I feel like installing.
    > Then I get fed up again.
    > And I think 'Oh, someone on slashdot said that this is the time to switch to linux! I should try it AGAIN!'...
    > then I switch to linux.
    > Until I get fed up...

    One of the greatest phenomena in this world is to be a bore and, or
    melancholic; it needs no experience but some practice to be a good one.

    Anu'z Linux@HOME (Unix Shoppe) Machines: #168573, 170593, 259192
    Chandigarh, UT, 160062, India Gentoo, Fedora, Debian/FreeBSD/XP

  4. Re: I switch my brain on every month or so.

    Anonymous Sender wrote:

    > But I get fed up.
    > Then I promptly switch back to whatever OS I feel like installing.
    > Then I get fed up again.
    > And I think 'Oh, someone on slashdot said that this is the time to switch
    > to linux! I should try it AGAIN!'... then I switch to linux.
    > Until I get fed up...

    Slow FUD night?

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  5. Re: I switch to linux every month or so.

    On Thu, 15 May 2008 03:52:59 +0000 (UTC), Anonymous Sender wrote:

    > But I get fed up.
    > Then I promptly switch back to whatever OS I feel like installing.
    > Then I get fed up again.
    > And I think 'Oh, someone on slashdot said that this is the time to switch to linux! I should try it AGAIN!'...
    > then I switch to linux.
    > Until I get fed up...

    This is typical and helps to explain why the various download numbers for
    Linux do not match the actual usage statistics from various sites like the
    BBC.

    People try Linux in the hope that it will be better than Windows.
    They quickly discover all the headaches Linux creates and move back to
    Windows.
    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  6. Re: I switch to linux every month or so.

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  7. Re: I switch to linux every month or so.

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  8. Re: I switch to Linux every month or so.

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  9. Re: I switch to linux every month or so.

    Balwinder S Dheeman wrote:

    > FYI, *you need not install* Linux, FreeBSD and, or OpenSolaris these
    > days; all you have to do is download a suitable LiveCD/DVD image, burn
    > it and boot off the same. None of the above will touch any of your
    > hard-disks until you opt for a installation.

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  10. Re: I switch to Linux every month or so.

    Balwinder S Dheeman wrote:

    >OTOH, if you're happy with that crap WinDOS, who cares; please go and
    >blow your trumpet somewhere else. A terrier's cry in the roar of loins
    >is useless; don't waste your time here.

    Just plonk the Flatfish (Moshe) loser. He's been trolling with the
    same tired BS for YEARS, under DOZENS of names.

    --
    "In other words, there are no "levels" of security, either you are
    secure or you're not." - Erik Funkenbusch

  11. Re: I switch to linux every month or so.

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  12. Re: I switch to linux every month or so.

    > Now all you need to do is learn how to properly write in English instead of
    > Ghetto Speak.

    heh ....like you know what ghetto speak is.

  13. Re: I switch to linux every month or so.

    On May 15, 10:08 pm, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    > On Thu, 15 May 2008 03:52:59 +0000 (UTC), Anonymous Sender wrote:
    > > But I get fed up.
    > > Then I promptly switch back to whatever OS I feel like installing.
    > > Then I get fed up again.
    > > And I think 'Oh, someone on slashdot said that this is the time to switch to linux! I should try it AGAIN!'...
    > > then I switch to linux.
    > > Until I get fed up...

    > This is typical and helps to explain why the various download numbers for
    > Linux do not match the actual usage statistics from various sites like the
    > BBC.
    >
    > People try Linux in the hope that it will be better than Windows.
    > They quickly discover all the headaches Linux creates and move back to
    > Windows.

    Agreed!

  14. Re: I switch to linux every month or so.

    AqD wrote:
    > Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >> Anonymous Sender wrote:
    >>
    >>> But I get fed up. Then I promptly switch back to whatever
    >>> OS I feel like installing. Then I get fed up again. And I
    >>> think 'Oh, someone on slashdot said that this is the time
    >>> to switch to linux! I should try it AGAIN!'... then I
    >>> switch to linux. Until I get fed up...

    http://tinyurl.com/6m6a8c

    Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy, alt.os.linux.ubuntu
    Subject: Re: [News] Red Hat Developer's Update on PulseAudio,
    Fedora Live CDs Interview
    Date: 11 Apr 2008 18:53:55 GMT

    > Dan, you're probably a nice guy, but we get a ton of "works for
    > me" crap in COLA and most times it's just people telling lies.

    Well sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not in COLA. I'm reading
    these posts in the Ubuntu group. The only reason they are going
    to COLA is because whomever started the thread had it crossposted
    there...and to Vista groups, which I removed because this has
    nothing to do with Vista.

    I'm NOT a Linux pusher, I still use Windows most of the time
    since I'd just installed Linux a few weeks ago, maybe a month+
    ago, and still checking out apps and learning Linux. There are
    things I like and things I don't like.

    Believe what you want to believe. It's painfully obvious that you
    are completely anti-Linux, just like some are completely anti-MS,
    and have such strong preconceived beliefs that it doesn't really
    matter what anyone says about any particular Linux item,
    everyone's a liar, and nothing works out-of-the-box.

    >> This is typical and helps to explain why the various
    >> download numbers for Linux do not match the actual usage
    >> statistics from various sites like the BBC.

    7.6 Trespasser Disinformation Tactics

    22. Use invalid statistics. Introduce statistics to try to hurt
    Linux, Linux Advocates, and/or the Linux community at large. Do
    not about them be valid or real. It would be nice if you can find
    those statistics on-line, but if you can't find any, invent them
    out of whole cloth. If they are discredited, don't let that
    bother you, keep citing them. If you see a fellow anti-Linux
    propagandist using statistics, cite them as well, no matter their
    lack of validity.

    23. Lie. Lie, lie, lie, lie. If you do it often enough you may
    create the appearance of truth.

    >> People try Linux in the hope that it will be better than
    >> Windows. They quickly discover all the headaches Linux
    >> creates and move back to Windows.

    32. Promote Windows at every opportunity. Microsoft Windows
    needs a lot of help to be successful in the mind share of its
    targeted user base. Point out to everybody on COLA how wonderful
    it is. Ignore the meaning of the name of the newsgroup and its
    charter.

    > Agreed!

    46. Accept the claims of other anti-Linux propagandists as face
    value. Always treat other anti-Linux propagandist's statements
    as being true. Accept their interpretations without question,
    don't bother verifying their statements. If they claim something
    against a Linux advocate always side with the anti-Linux
    propagandists.

    --
    HPT

  15. Re: I switch to linux every month or so.

    * AqD peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > On May 15, 10:08 pm, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >>
    >> This is typical and helps to explain why the various download numbers for
    >> Linux do not match the actual usage statistics from various sites like the
    >> BBC.
    >>
    >> People try Linux in the hope that it will be better than Windows.
    >> They quickly discover all the headaches Linux creates and move back to
    >> Windows.

    > Agreed!

    Disagreed!

    Some people stick with Windows because it does not run Snood.

    --
    We will never make a 32-bit operating system.
    -- Bill Gates, At the launch of MSX[3]

  16. Re: I switch to linux every month or so.

    Linonut wrote:
    > * AqD peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> On May 15, 10:08 pm, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >>>
    >>> This is typical and helps to explain why the various download
    >>> numbers for Linux do not match the actual usage statistics from
    >>> various sites like the BBC.
    >>>
    >>> People try Linux in the hope that it will be better than Windows.
    >>> They quickly discover all the headaches Linux creates and move back
    >>> to Windows.

    >> Agreed!

    > Disagreed!
    >
    > Some people stick with Windows because it does not run Snood.

    Others just stick to windows because it's a proper os.

    --
    http://www.kustomkomputa.co.uk
    Personalised Desktop Computers

  17. Re: I switch to linux every month or so.

    "Dr.Hal0nf1r$" wrote in message
    > Linonut wrote:
    >> * AqD peremptorily fired off this memo:

    >>> Agreed!

    >> Disagreed!
    >>
    >> Some people stick with Windows because it does not run Snood.

    > Others just stick to windows because it's a proper os.

    Geckos stick to windows because they'd fall off if they didn't.

    --
    alt.usenet.kooks
    Hamlet, Act 3, Scene 1 [129]

    Member of:
    Usenet Ruiner List
    Top Assholes on the Net List
    Most hated usenetizens of all time List
    Cog in the AUK Hate Machine List

    Find me on Google Maps: 2439'47.13"S, 1344'20.18"E

  18. Re: I switch to linux every month or so.

    * Kadaitcha Man peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > "Dr.Hal0nf1r$" wrote in message
    >> Linonut wrote:
    >>> * AqD peremptorily fired off this memo:

    >>> Disagreed!
    >>>
    >>> Some people stick with Windows because it does not run Snood.

    >> Others just stick to windows because it's a proper os.

    > Geckos stick to windows because they'd fall off if they didn't.

    Windows -- so easy a caveman can do it!

    --
    The Internet is becoming the town square for the global village of tomorrow.
    -- Bill Gates

  19. Re: I switch to linux every month or so.

    Linonut wrote:
    > * Kadaitcha Man peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> "Dr.Hal0nf1r$" wrote in
    >> message news:R72dnapHgtUiianVnZ2dneKdnZydnZ2d@bt.com...

    >>> Others just stick to windows because it's a proper os.

    >> Geckos stick to windows because they'd fall off if they didn't.

    > Windows -- so easy a caveman can do it!

    Blimey! Is Bill Gates that old? Mesolithic computing must have been quite
    good fun.

    --
    http://www.kustomkomputa.co.uk
    Personalised Desktop Computers

  20. Re: I switch to linux every month or so.

    On May 21, 7:12 pm, Linonut wrote:
    > * AqD peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    > > On May 15, 10:08 pm, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    > >> This is typical and helps to explain why the various download numbers for
    > >> Linux do not match the actual usage statistics from various sites like the
    > >> BBC.

    > >> People try Linux in the hope that it will be better than Windows.
    > >> They quickly discover all the headaches Linux creates and move back to
    > >> Windows.

    > > Agreed!

    > Disagreed!
    >
    > Some people stick with Windows because it does not run Snood.

    not me!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast